Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
Quote Originally Posted by ross
Havent watched this yet but let me guess a basic striker put the mma guy under pressure and the mma guy folded and took on the featal position not moving or holding or firing back

Awesome

Great spectacle for the fans

Such talented "fighters"

interesting and partly agreed. all through the ppv event I was amazed at how poorly guys were "boxing". MMA guys are starting to realize the true value of boxing, and all tout how much their "boxing" has "improved"...they seem to shadow box ok, work the mitts pretty good, but then when it comes time to dance, they suck. It's nothing but a crappy bar brawl with ugly punching. Many people scoff at what I have to say, but even Chuck would get absolutely killed by a top boxer. Notice how I said TOP boxer...not some journeyman chump who gets $400 per fight. Chuck's ONLY chance would be to take him down which, IMO, is far easier said than down since boxers are so light and quick on their feet. Plus, the boxer would out-fight making all other MMA tactics tougher to execute. The only guys who can truly take a boxer are kickboxers, IMO. All others would have an EXTREMELY difficult time getting their hands on the boxer and would eat punch after punch trying.

Chuck, for being such a talented "striker" was awful too. No jab, no movement, low hands, etc. All mma guys go for the one punch firecracker. It doesn't work that way. Chuck is just fortunate he throws his right a bit harder than everyone else at LHW. Tim Sylvia and Mirko Crocop are the only guys who have decent boxing ability in mma. Fedor is effective b/c he's brutally strong, but a guy like Lennox Lewis would rearrange his face if it didn't go to the ground. And going to the ground wouldn't be a foregone conclusions since LL could be taught to sprawl, and is himself strong as an ox.

I wanna see Hughes and Jermaine Taylor. JT KILLS matt, IMO.
was it you that used to have the little green monster looking thing as the avatar logo?

that thing was the shit, it reminded me of that stupid ass huculoids cartoon