Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shannon Briggs New year resolutions

31.12.06 - By Michael Marley, BoxingConfidential.com: As you can see from Machine Gun Marty Rosengarten's classic photo (circa 1999), there is a New Sheriff in the heavyweight house. His name is Shannon Briggs and the never shy Brooklyn lad shared his 2007 New Year's Resolutions with boxingconfidential.com.

1. I wish, I wish, I could order the other champs out of town by sundown. Unfortunately, that is not in my powers so I resolve do the next best thing moving forward. I do warn all the other champs that, if they climb into the ring with me, they are entering Tombstone Territory and I am Doc Holliday.

2. I resolve to clock Klitschko. I will hit Wlad, who I respect in and out of the boxing ring, so many times he will think someone implanted a cuckoo clock in his cranium. Manny Steward knows what time it is in that bout.

3. I hereby resolve and promise, first things first, to give a straight up beat down to Iggy, meaning Sultan Ibragimov, when he dares to challenge me for my WBO diadem on March 10. He will know he's in Madison Square Garden, the House That Briggs Is Building. They called Babe Ruth the "Sultan Of Swat.' When I get done getting jiggy with Iggy, he will be called the Sultan Who Got Swatted..

4. Who's up next in Shannon's Brownsville Barbershop, where my motto is I Cut Heads?

If Klitschko is not ready and willing, I will dance with the Pugilistic Pachyderm, Nickolay Valuev, or if he gets beat, my old rival Jameel McCline. I owe Jammel something and Valuev I would love to mount, I mean fight because of the physical challenge of fighting a guy who is so big he gets his mail in three different zip codes.

5. While I love the Garden because it is home for a Brooklyn homie, perhaps Oleg Maskaev, the WBC champ, and I could hook up in a ballpark brawl, either at Shea or Yankee Stadium. What might be even more perfect and fitting, since I'm from Crooklyn and Oleg used to live in Staten Island, might be the Coney Island jewel of a ballpark where they have had boxing before.

6. Away from the ring, to see what I can do represent all the asthmatic kids, especially in the poor neighborhoods, those kids who are falsely told they cannot be athletes or cannot be successful in life in any field because of their illness. I'd love to be a spokesperson for an organization which helps young asthmatics. If may have wheezed but it was Sergei Liakhovich who inhaled my title-winning knockout punches. Go to the inner cities and you find asthma rates which are astonishingly high.

7. Getting back to Doc Holliday, the gunslinger, I say to the other champions, "I'm Shannon Briggs, I'm your huckleberry. I think my promoter, Don King, will line them all up.

Side note: Shannon wants his radio pals, Howard Stern and Robin Quivers and Boy Gary to know he's ready to come back on the Sternfest any time and he's bringing his gaudy belt which has untold jewels, diamonds and rubies on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shannon Briggs New year resolutions

WOW! one lucky punch against a horrible Sergie in a horrible fight he was losing by a mile and this guy thinks his sh1t doesn't stink now!
    I watched abunch of his fights and he does SEEM to have some skills and power,good hand speed and counter punching.
    I'm not convinced tho', he needs at least one impressive outing to show that he's for real! (and people say Valuev is a phoney?) Gimme a break! LOOk back on Shannons record. who has he fought? nobody!
    Don't forget he lost to Jameel McCline who everyone has been saying is a joke in my Valuev post! I dunno? wheres he been and whats he been doing the last 10 FRIKKIN YEARS? If he moves his hands as well as his mouth maybe he'd be somethin' and have me as a believer. Till then...I'm not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fistic
    and Valuev I would love to mount, I mean fight because of the physical challenge of fighting a guy who is so big he gets his mail in three different zip codes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fistic
    If Klitschko is not ready and willing, I will dance with the Pugilistic Pachyderm, Nickolay Valuev, or if he gets beat, my old rival Jameel McCline. I owe Jammel something and Valuev I would love to mount, I mean fight because of the physical challenge of fighting a guy who is so big he gets his mail in three different zip codes.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry Global...seems we saw eye to eye on that one.

What the fwock could Briggs have been thinking when he made that statement?!?!?!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome to the forum fistic.

Have the Obligatory Wacko Welcome Wagon

**That being said...Briggs is silly. If he wanted the interview to be legit...he would have included all of his New Years Resolution...especially the one in the back of his mind that he was to afraid to let hit the press...the all knowing all seeing mind reading Wacko has looked into his 2007 crystal ball & plucked that very resolution from Brigg's feble little mind...& here it is:

"I, SHANNON BRIGGS, WILL CALL OUT WLAD KLITSCHKO...THEN I SHALL PURCHASE & WEAR A HIGH GRADE MOTOR CYCLE HELMET...BECAUSE IF I DO NOT PURCHASE & WEAR A HIGH GRADE MOTOR CYCLE HELMET...I, SHANNON BRIGGS, WILL NO LONGER HAVE THIS MELON ASS HEAD OF MINE'Z NOR THESE FLOPPY, TURDLIKE, YELLAR, DREADS BECAUSE ONCE I GAS OUT AFTER 3 OR 4 ROUNDS, WLAD WILL KNOCK IT OFF MY GARGANTUAN SHOULDERS.

THANKS FOR GIVING ME THE OPPORTUNITY FOR PULLING THIS INTERVIEW...AS IT WILL PROBABLY BE MY LAST UNLESS I GO GET'S ME MINEZ HELMET...EITHER THAT OR RUN LIKE HELL FROM WLAD."

Indeed Shannon...thanks for allowing the the all knowing all seeing mind reading Wacko the opportunity to have plucked that very resolution from your feeble little mind!

Happy New Year & best of lucking finding your head...because aint no way in hell your'e gonna find a helmet to fit that melon!

Sick him Wlad!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WHAT? you don't like dreadlocks?? they make a man look so sophisticated!!!! just look!

Oh ya, I used you future reading powers to show a pic of Wlad after the Briggs / Wlad fight. that hasn't happened yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by landmine950
    WHAT? you don't like dreadlocks?? they make a man look so sophisticated!!!! just look!
    Sure I like dreads. Used to have some meself back in my younger days...I just don't like 'em on Briggs...or the fact that they're 'yallar'.

Quote Originally Posted by landmine950
    Oh ya, I used you future reading powers to show a pic of Wlad after the Briggs / Wlad fight. that hasn't happened yet
    Problem is...when you try to use someone else's crystal ball future reading powers it often doesn't work & you just end up coming off like somebody that's experienced in being helliously experienced in the art of being overly knowledgeable in balls...that's a picture of Vitali...not Wlad.

Big difference...but you tried. So did this guy below...heh heh heh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gimme a break!it ny eve and im drunk!
    dang vodka always gets in my mouth!

http://drunk-driver.freeonlinegames.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did I miss the resolution about promising to up my punch output to 10 a round?...What is he thinking about with the whole Wlad thing.....Did anyone notice he has insulted everyone but when talking about Wlad he made sure he added the "I respect him in and out of the Ring"...I guess even The Cannon is smart enough to know that it is not smart to piss off the Ukranian powerhouse...Because if Briggs doesn't catch him with a moneymaker of a punch...It is going to be short and painful
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Did I miss the resolution about promising to up my punch output to 10 a round?...What is he thinking about with the whole Wlad thing.....Did anyone notice he has insulted everyone but when talking about Wlad he made sure he added the "I respect him in and out of the Ring"...I guess even The Cannon is smart enough to know that it is not smart to piss off the Ukranian powerhouse...Because if Briggs doesn't catch him with a moneymaker of a punch...It is going to be short and painful
    Oh FUK WlAD! I'm gettin really tired of this "Oh don't piss of big bad Wlad...", "Oh Wlad is the best out there clearly", "Oh Wlad hits so hard, he's such a bad ass". Wlad, my friends, is generally a big pussy. He fights like a big pussy, he holds, he runs, he rides guys in the clinch, he's a bitch. And he's got a glass jaw, like Shannon Briggs. So Briggs, could conceivably knock his ass out or get knocked out. Wlad ain't nothing to be feared people. Sanders and Brewster proved that.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Oh FUK WlAD! I'm gettin really tired of this "Oh don't piss of big bad Wlad...", "Oh Wlad is the best out there clearly", "Oh Wlad hits so hard, he's such a bad a**". Wlad, my friends, is generally a big pussy. He fights like a big pussy, he holds, he runs, he rides guys in the clinch, he's a bitch. And he's got a glass jaw, like Shannon Briggs. So Briggs, could conceivably knock his a** out or get knocked out. Wlad ain't nothing to be feared people. Sanders and Brewster proved that.
    I don't disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh FUK WlAD! I'm gettin really tired of this "Oh don't piss of big bad Wlad...", "Oh Wlad is the best out there clearly", "Oh Wlad hits so hard, he's such a bad a**". Wlad, my friends, is generally a big pussy. He fights like a big pussy, he holds, he runs, he rides guys in the clinch, he's a bitch. And he's got a glass jaw, like Shannon Briggs. So Briggs, could conceivably knock his a** out or get knocked out. Wlad ain't nothing to be feared people. Sanders and Brewster proved that.

Get some sleep your delusional

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Get some sleep your delusional

How so? Does Wlad not have a glass jaw? Does he not hold, and run like a bitch when faced with any kind of threatening competition?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information