Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sparred at the end of my workout...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sparred at the end of my workout...

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    i disagree that its bad because that way the intensity is ten times harder and it teches u to dig deep now u may lose the sparring match but it will help u when u compete

That intensity is something from the inside it is mental not physical...Sparring is not a match...It is not meant to be won or lost. It is meant to develope your craft. Fine tune your skills and work on mistakes...if you egt your a** kicked while doing it shows you what needs to be worked on....to prevent it from happening again...If you are not at your best while doing it then you cheat yourself..You don't know how much of it was you or how much was the fact you were tired?....When was the last time you saw a world champion fight twice in one night so he could prove to the world he was the best champion?...Thats just silly talk....Any trainer or manager that tells you sparring should be done after working out is an idiot who knows nothing....
    I'll let you in on something....There have been thousands of fighters or should I say potential fighters who have has those sparring matches in the gym trying to win....You end up leaving your best in the gym...You end up taking the abuse in the gym that wears you out..Leaving you at your second best in the ring when it counts...Just because you have head gear on doesn't mean your not absorbing shots

i understand u still mad about my wife comment but to me that was jus all in good fun so ima keep this prefesional ........ its true u need to tune ur skills and practice i didnt say spar after practice always . but once in a while its good for u just so you kow how you prefrom when ur tired so ur nt surpised if u do get into a hard fight

No im not mad about the comment..never really was...I gave you and VD the F'U because after I read what I wrote I seen that I left myself wide open for it...Didn't read it before I posted..You know sometimes you say something and don't realize till later how it sounded....Wasn't till after you guys got me I read it back so OH WELL!!! ...I walked into it...The F'U was because you guys took advantge of it and I had nothing to come back with at the moment...I know it was all in fun so no worries...I was speaking about this on a whole had nothing to do with that...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i disagree that its bad because that way the intensity is ten times harder and it teches u to dig deep now u may lose the sparring match but it will help u when u compete

That intensity is something from the inside it is mental not physical...Sparring is not a match...It is not meant to be won or lost. It is meant to develope your craft. Fine tune your skills and work on mistakes...if you egt your a** kicked while doing it shows you what needs to be worked on....to prevent it from happening again...If you are not at your best while doing it then you cheat yourself..You don't know how much of it was you or how much was the fact you were tired?....When was the last time you saw a world champion fight twice in one night so he could prove to the world he was the best champion?...Thats just silly talk....Any trainer or manager that tells you sparring should be done after working out is an idiot who knows nothing....
    I'll let you in on something....There have been thousands of fighters or should I say potential fighters who have has those sparring matches in the gym trying to win....You end up leaving your best in the gym...You end up taking the abuse in the gym that wears you out..Leaving you at your second best in the ring when it counts...Just because you have head gear on doesn't mean your not absorbing shots

i understand u still mad about my wife comment but to me that was jus all in good fun so ima keep this prefesional ........ its true u need to tune ur skills and practice i didnt say spar after practice always . but once in a while its good for u just so you kow how you prefrom when ur tired so ur nt surpised if u do get into a hard fight

No im not mad about the comment..never really was...I gave you and VD the F'U because after I read what I wrote I seen that I left myself wide open for it...Didn't read it before I posted..You know sometimes you say something and don't realize till later how it sounded....Wasn't till after you guys got me I read it back so OH WELL!!! ...I walked into it...The F'U was because you guys took advantge of it and I had nothing to come back with at the moment...I know it was all in fun so no worries...I was speaking about this on a whole had nothing to do with that...

haha yeah u did set it up for us but o well my apoligies if offense wastaken CC .. ... well i still think u should spar evry once in a while undertired conditions jus not always

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll train as hard as I can before we do our touch sparring, you normally get a good 45 minutes to change into something dry, rehydrate and then just work static technique before hand.

I do light sparring better if I have just trained than if I am completely cold.

Don't train before heavy sparring though warm up and shadow box etc, spar lightly for a round or two work some technique etc and then spar heavy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i used to hate that. sluggish and getting beaten up bassically. one of the trainers at my gym once said i would get brain dammage when i sparred the big fela's. when i was knackared at the send of a sesh i used to plod on to all kinds of stupid big shots. nearly shit myself in there once too cos i couldnt go before the session. true story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps spar "when tired" with another who's also "tired" ?

I think that is the best bet. Much better than you tired and the other guy fresh. If both tired, more of a realistic situation in boxing. And better if it is someone near your weight-class. Sparring tired is important for boxing, but doing it right is also important because someone can potentially get seriously hurt otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[/quote]

I know this thread has been dead for months and I'm new so no one cares, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in anyway. It seems to me that its very important to spar when you're tired. When you're in a fight you'll get tired very quickly so its crucial that you be used to protecting yourself and maintaining your focus and intensity despite your fatigue. One coach I used to work with would always say 'we'll be tired most of the time we're in the ring, so we have to train our bodies to work when we're tired and not show signs. No one but you should ever know you're tired until the last bell rings.' He put it better but that was the gist of it.

Also, during one of Mayweather fights the announcer was saying that he spars 9 minute rounds with no breaks... just rotates opponents in every three minutes. And despite his many detractors its safe to say that he's well recognized as one of the best conditioned and most technically sound fighters active today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If a guy is in the ring with me and he does not know how to box, or does kno how to box and is not on my level well then he gets stopped accordingly. Usually with a left hook to the body because the noobs never see that punch comin.

Cant take it easy on these guys cuz they are new. When i first started boxin at Krunk, they just put me in the ring and i got my ass beat....came back the next day got my ass beat again........now i'm the one thats beating the ass.

Not being a prick just showing people what its really like in the ring and if they cant take it they are in the wrong sport.

Prick or no Prick, i feel like if i let them and they feel good about themselves, they will think they are great and then get their ass beat by the next guy.

And no you should never spar after practice.....tends to end with a horrible ass whoopin..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok,Im on the fence on this one as well,so all Ill say is this

You gotta survive in there,when your gassed,and they still got something
    It will happen to you,it happens to everyone sooner or later,ego be damned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very good post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm glad you pointed that post out.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Thread Information