Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't know wanna hear shit about Tony Margarito again!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I don't know wanna hear shit about Tony Margarito again!!!

I just read ESPN's notebook by Dan Rafael. He basically said that Tony is gonna drop his belt to get a big money fight with Cotto. I understood when Tony said his wrist was fucked up from the Clottey fight. Arum basically said that if Tony's wrist wasn't healed that he wouldn't fight Williams and would wait to hope to fight Cotto in the summer. I said to myself "OK, that's kind of weird, but if he's hurt, why rush him back too soon to fight Williams?" It made sense to me. But now Tony is gonna possibly fight a ten rounder on Cotto's undercard with Urkal. WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! This fucking guy has been crying, begging, and pleading for the world to listen to him for months saying he's the most feared welterweight in the world. He's said Floyd was running from him. And he's gonna drop his belt and fight a ten round fight on Cotto's fucking undercard instead of defending his belt?? He's willing to drop his belt instead of fighting Williams?? That's a smart move if you ask me but the problem with it is that Tony is now the biggest hypocrite of any fighter this year. If you're gonna talk shit about Floyd then you can't logically say anything about Tony anymore. Floyd chose not to fight the WBA 147 Champion, he chose to fight the WBC 147 and recognized Champion to secure a fight with ODLH. Tony chose not to defend his title against a young but green opponent, he's choosing to fight a ten rounder probably against some piece of garbage to secure a fight with Cotto. This is so FUCKED!!! This fucking guy for months...oh man, let me calm down, I'm ODing on this. Does this make Williams the most feared welterweight in the world now? Oh lord, I hope Tony gets upset in his ten rounder. Sorry if I offended anybody, I'm 4 Heinekens deep readying myself to go out, and I just ran across this on ESPN and got heated. FUCK!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I don't know wanna hear shit about Tony Margarito again!!!

Hes just doing what was done to him since, Zab was a champ.
    It's a dog, eat dog world hes gotta what hes gotta do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    I just read ESPN's notebook by Dan Rafael. He basically said that Tony is gonna drop his belt to get a big money fight with Cotto. I understood when Tony said his wrist was fucked up from the Clottey fight. Arum basically said that if Tony's wrist wasn't healed that he wouldn't fight Williams and would wait to hope to fight Cotto in the summer. I said to myself "OK, that's kind of weird, but if he's hurt, why rush him back too soon to fight Williams?" It made sense to me. But now Tony is gonna possibly fight a ten rounder on Cotto's undercard with Urkal. WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! This fucking guy has been crying, begging, and pleading for the world to listen to him for months saying he's the most feared welterweight in the world. He's said Floyd was running from him. And he's gonna drop his belt and fight a ten round fight on Cotto's fucking undercard instead of defending his belt?? He's willing to drop his belt instead of fighting Williams?? That's a smart move if you ask me but the problem with it is that Tony is now the biggest hypocrite of any fighter this year. If you're gonna talk shit about Floyd then you can't logically say anything about Tony anymore. Floyd chose not to fight the WBA 147 Champion, he chose to fight the WBC 147 and recognized Champion to secure a fight with ODLH. Tony chose not to defend his title against a young but green opponent, he's choosing to fight a ten rounder probably against some piece of garbage to secure a fight with Cotto. This is so FUCKED!!! This fucking guy for months...oh man, let me calm down, I'm ODing on this. Does this make Williams the most feared welterweight in the world now? Oh lord, I hope Tony gets upset in his ten rounder. Sorry if I offended anybody, I'm 4 Heinekens deep readying myself to go out, and I just ran across this on ESPN and got heated. FUCK!!!
    I love heineken, but I noticed it does something to blood pressure, but I definitly feel you, boxing politics are more fucked than normal ones.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now that the tables have turned NOW it's a problem.

albsur2006 I'm gonna stop here, cause I would hate to ruin your night out with your boys, but we can talk tomorrow about this if you'd like?
    Be safe tonight and enjoy yourself...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you gonna make X amount of dollars more to fight this Cotto then Williams.. you gonna fight Cotto. . either way Margarito is gone , he ain't gonna beat either. Williams is last guy you want to be messing with at 147. 6'2 82 inch reach , fast hands fast feet.acurate punching. . shitttttttttttt..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    you gonna make X amount of dollars more to fight this Cotto then Williams.. you gonna fight Cotto. . either way Margarito is gone , he ain't gonna beat either. Williams is last guy you want to be messing with at 147. 6'2 82 inch reach , fast hands fast feet.acurate punching. . shitttttttttttt..
    No No No Margarito will put Williams on his fuckin lanky ass.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta disagree, if a small 140 lber. Mitchelle tapped that shin and wobbled Williams, and Mathysse was able to hurt him twice IMO thats a questionable chin.
    I like both Williams and Margarito, but I gotta favor Margarito. Williams is excicting and wow! do his long arms and power make for a great fight.
    He just lost me when he started this whole 'Gym War' stories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    hehehe.. Margarito is slow as Cold syrup.. wide shots, chin sticking out.. I can see why they been keeping him at a certain level.. clottey had that ass till he brake that hand.... Margarito aint it my man !

it's all good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I don't know wanna hear S*** about Tony Margarito again!!!

margoritos carrer is slowly coming to an end

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hehehe.. Margarito is slow as Cold syrup.. wide shots, chin sticking out.. I can see why they been keeping him at a certain level.. clottey had that ass till he brake that hand.... Margarito aint it my man !

it's all good
    We can disagree on this one baby, its hard to look at Margarito and think that guy can win fights, but he has pure dynamite in his fists, williams looks shaky and just a little green for someone as monsterous as margarito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's all good
    We can disagree on this one baby, its hard to look at Margarito and think that guy can win fights, but he has pure dynamite in his fists, williams looks shaky and just a little green for someone as monsterous as margarito.
    It's all good.. no hard feeling.. we aint always gonna agree ! .. Tony can punch alright. but at the higher level of compatition he won't carry that knockout percentage.. this i can promise. ! Clottey broke that hand in 4 couldn’t do much but eat Tony’s punches for the rest of the fight, Tony should have been able to hurt Clottey but he didn’t. really Margarito was the only fighter looking worse for wear in that fight. just my perception . Even in winning he was losing !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Gotta disagree, if a small 140 lber. Mitchelle tapped that shin and wobbled Williams, and Mathysse was able to hurt him twice IMO thats a questionable chin.
    I like both Williams and Margarito, but I gotta favor Margarito. Williams is excicting and wow! do his long arms and power make for a great fight.

I didn’t catch the gym war chronicles ! LOL.. . sum it up for me mate. what he say ?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito once said that the WBO title was his only bargaining chip. Which is why he never dropped it to make big fights before. That's probably cuz his mandatories were Gomez, Lujan and Kyvelos. Now that he had a tough fight against Clottey and his next mandatory is a even tougher fighter (Williams). He decides to drop it. Interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Margarito once said that the WBO title was his only bargaining chip. Which is why he never dropped it to make big fights before. That's probably cuz his mandatories were Gomez, Lujan and Kyvelos. Now that he had a tough fight against Clottey and his next mandatory is a even tougher fighter (Williams). He decides to drop it. Interesting.
    Much like floyd turnin down 8 million to fight tony, innocent til proven guilty man.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I don't know wanna hear S*** about Tony Margarito again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    margoritos carrer is slowly coming to an end
    As much of a fan as I'am your right. The hand he played didn't work out for him.
    Zab never gave him the shot he desereved,
    Baldomir and PBF both opted to fight eachother. Baldo for $$$ & PBF well yet another div. where he can say hes champ. and skip fighting the real contenders/champ there.
    SSM didn't wan't none.

Everything just wen't wrong and if thats not enough, he was inactive for a long as time and the fight he did have was a 1 rounder.
    Tough luck, but shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

I didn’t catch the gym war chronicles ! LOL.. . sum it up for me mate. what he say ?
    HE (Williams) said he felt he beat Margarito in a sparring session.
    PLEASE!! Williams save your war stories, for Private Ryan.

Thread Information