Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peter ko's Maskiev and then meets Klitchko in rematch.

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Peter ko's Maskiev and then meets Klitchko in rematch.

it was the left hook that got him last time....worst I have ever seen Sam Peter....though James Toney hit him good in the first fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hhhmmm. That's right. I forgot that. As for Toney, he couldn't make the Nightmare blink this time. As a former fighter, ther is nothing worse than knowing you are in with someone who can pop but who you can't hurt. Very spitit depleting and no 1000 bowls of wheaties will help.

El Kabong Guest

...yeah I hate that, especially when you're a power puncher (which I am)

But then again James Toney has been a power puncher the majority of his career but he is a very talented boxer, I just think time caught up with him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

power puncher or puncher boxer (like Sugar Shane)? I was a hooker and patterned my offensive style after my idol, Bob Satterfield. As for defense, I had good whiskers but cut like a seive andbled from the nose terribly.

El Kabong Guest

I bleed from the nose a lot as well....I try to mix up my style to be part Lennox Lewis/Wlad Klitschko and part Mike Tyson.

I've got a good jab and power in the left hook and right cross...I don't cut off the ring very well but hey I'm still learning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holy shit! You are a monster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Austin loses amd Klit waits for Peter to ice Maskiev. Then let's get it on.Meanwhile Briggs gets by Sultan and The Monster beats JM. The Monster then ices Briggs and waits fro the winner of Wlad-Peter. I like it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    If Peter tries to fight on the outside vs Wlad he's just going to eat those big 1-2's the whole fight. I see a rematch unfolding in much the same manner as the first fight only this time without Wladimir getting knocked down.

I think Wladimir has a ton of confidence going in to a rematch with Peter he had Sam hurt BAD and I think he'd do it again only earlier.

Wlad stops Sam in 10....stuns him with a left hook and follows up with big punches

I also see the uppercut being extremely useful when Sam tries to get on the inside
    On the contrary. Wlad already knows the damage Peter can do that's why he didn't try to finish when it seemed Peter was out on his feet. Wlad will go down again and this time for good. :P
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

El Kabong Guest

....no Wlad had a comfortable lead on the scorecards and had he hurt Sam that way in the 4th or so round Sam would have been dropped.

If Sam Peter can do so much damage how was it that Wlad was able to keep getting up

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted The Bull
    Holy shit! You are a monster.
    Haha...well I'm only good for a solid 3 rounds until I am in better shape.

Most of the guys I fight are smaller than me so I get to use my reach but on the taller guys I like keeping my head moving and fighting on the inside.

I've copied some pretty simple combinations from Wlad and Tyson. Wlad: jab, swat the guard down, right cross...and Tyson: left hook (body), right hook (body), left hook (head)....those both work great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is gonna be my last reply to the guys in here that don't know S*** about boxing. You guys let your judgement get clouded by having a fav fighter and start talkin nonsence. A few huys can't handle the truth and resort to name calling right away so since I can't slap the S*** out of you cause you're hiding behind your computer screen, I'll ignore you.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BTW,Toney's comments after the fight suggest the possibilty of some brain damage. Talk about disrespect. Peter, on the other hand, was a breath of fresh ait in this era of trash talk.
    You think that horrible atonal Jesus singing was a breath of fresh air? I didn't think Peter was impressive in the ring as much as Toney just looked washed up and in need of retirement. Peter's punches are still just as wide as ever, he's still pretty inaccurate, and he's still very easy to hit. I'd pick him over Maskaev, but I wouldn't be shocked if he lost either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza
    BTW,Toney's comments after the fight suggest the possibilty of some brain damage. Talk about disrespect. Peter, on the other hand, was a breath of fresh ait in this era of trash talk.
    You think that horrible atonal Jesus singing was a breath of fresh air? I didn't think Peter was impressive in the ring as much as Toney just looked washed up and in need of retirement. Peter's punches are still just as wide as ever, he's still pretty inaccurate, and he's still very easy to hit. I'd pick him over Maskaev, but I wouldn't be shocked if he lost either.

Who said anything about the Jesus song? When a fighter says he is nit yet the best becuase he has not yet beaten the champps, I say that is refreshing. As for Toney, he now slurs and talks like he may have some frontal lobe issues. He totally is lacking in respect. I satnd by my words. Toney is a great fighter but an even greater trash talker and he diminshes himself. BTW, I don't have anything against Jesus either...even though I'm not a Christian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holy crap. Judging from the typos, maybe I have some lobe issues.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza

Who said anything about the Jesus song? When a fighter says he is nit yet the best becuase he has not yet beaten the champps, I say that is refreshing. As for Toney, he now slurs and talks like he may have some frontal lobe issues. He totally is lacking in respect. I satnd by my words. Toney is a great fighter but an even greater trash talker and he diminshes himself. BTW, I don't have anything against Jesus either...even though I'm not a Christian.
    No, I was mostly joking. I could really deal without the singing and speeches about snakes in Egypt during the post-fight though. Definitely agree that Toney sounded ridiculous after the fight--at least judging by the every third word I could understand.

Thread Information