Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Majestic thoughts Volume IV Mayorga vs. Vargas

This fight would have been great years ago. But Vargas has the advantage of being the bigger mand nad not having to cut weight and how good is Mayorga gonna be that his confidence was shattered twice? Mayorga accepts losses very well like a gentleman but he TAKES losses very hard. I don't even know if he will perform. Confidence was/is and pride was/is a huge thing with Mayorga, he's lost it twice. So I wonder where his desire is going.. You can tell..

After Spinks beat him, Mayorga who used to eat pizza on the scale can't make 147 anymore...

After Trinidad beats him Mayorga never offers his chin to anyone again...

Mayorga has trouble making 154 for the Oscar fight despite him training "hard" he tests positive for a laxitive...

When Oscar beats him Mayorga looks like he's about to cry on the canvas because he knows he's beaten

And THIS fight is at 160...

And catch weight of 162 where Mayorga is more at a disadvantage...and Vargas has been the one doing the talking.. I havent heard swear, curse or trash talk from Mayorga at all...

So I'm worried that mentally and confidence wise.. Mayorga will never be the same again.

He knows he was beaten...

Vargas however will always believe that Oscar's left hook to him was a lucky punch...

He will always believe that Tito had to cheat with low blows to beat him...

He will always believe that the only way Shane Mosley beat him was because he was weight drained...

And he even joked about getting stopped by Mosley...

In Fernando Vargas' mind, he has never ever been beaten. There was always a reason behind it which is why he can still get himself up for these fights and why he is the one talking the trash this time.

Vargas still has a faith in himself and that it takes a lucky shot a cheap shot, a quick stoppage, or a weakness of himself in order to beat him. So his confidence isnt ever shattered by his losses the way that Mayorga's were.

When you look at both fighters...

Mentally and physically..the edge will go to Vargas...

Nobody knows where Mayorga is mentally..nobody knows where Mayorga is gonna be physically..

Mayorga is the question mark in his fight. If you pick him you're rolling the dice here...

Mayorga may never ever mentally be the same..and his drive may be gone...

But if you're a Mayorga fan.. your ray of hope is that maybe.. Just maybe Mayorga can get up for Vargas...

Because for once in his career, Mayorga isnt the one who's insulting someones honor or his manhood, Vargas is questioning his and THAT may be exactly what would get Mayorga up to the point of being El Matador and proving something to himself once again. So it may be Vargas' mistake.

I wish both fighters luck and think it will be a cracking evening of boxing

Your thoughts Ladies and Gentleman?

-Majesty
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Majestic thoughts Volume IV Mayorga vs. Vargas

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    This fight would have been great years ago. But Vargas has the advantage of being the bigger mand nad not having to cut weight and how good is Mayorga gonna be that his confidence was shattered twice? Mayorga accepts losses very well like a gentleman but he TAKES losses very hard. I don't even know if he will perform. Confidence was/is and pride was/is a huge thing with Mayorga, he's lost it twice. So I wonder where his desire is going.. You can tell..

After Spinks beat him, Mayorga who used to eat pizza on the scale can't make 147 anymore...

Mayorga has trouble making 154 for the Oscar fight despite him training "hard" he tests positive for a laxitive...

When Oscar beats him Mayorga looks like he's about to cry on the canvas because he knows he's beaten

And catch weight of 162 where Mayorga is more at a disadvantage...and Vargas has been the one doing the talking.. I havent heard swear, curse or trash talk from Mayorga at all...

So I'm worried that mentally and confidence wise.. Mayorga will never be the same again.

Vargas however will always believe that Oscar's left hook to him was a lucky punch...

He will always believe that the only way Shane Mosley beat him was because he was weight drained...

In Fernando Vargas' mind, he has never ever been beaten. There was always a reason behind it which is why he can still get himself up for these fights and why he is the one talking the trash this time.

Vargas still has a faith in himself and that it takes a lucky shot a cheap shot, a quick stoppage, or a weakness of himself in order to beat him. So his confidence isnt ever shattered by his losses the way that Mayorga's were.

Nobody knows where Mayorga is mentally..nobody knows where Mayorga is gonna be physically..

Mayorga is the question mark in his fight. If you pick him you're rolling the dice here...

But if you're a Mayorga fan.. your ray of hope is that maybe.. Just maybe Mayorga can get up for Vargas...

Because for once in his career, Mayorga isnt the one who's insulting someones honor or his manhood, Vargas is questioning his and THAT may be exactly what would get Mayorga up to the point of being El Matador and proving something to himself once again. So it may be Vargas' mistake.

-Majesty

Those are very interesting thoughts and I agree 100%. Trash talking aside I respect and admire both of these fighters for their courage, heart, and determination in the ring. They both give it their all and go out on their shields.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by spekterscript

-Majesty

Those are very interesting thoughts and I agree 100%. Trash talking aside I respect and admire both of these fighters for their courage, heart, and determination in the ring. They both give it their all and go out on their shields.
    you cant give cc yet mate until 100 posts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its ok you know their intent

Thoughts and opinions please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The difference between the two is injury, niether was ever the same after brutal beat downs by Tito but I think the back injury hurt Vargas pretty bad, he looks stationary in the ring, although Mayorga is shot Vargas is beyond shot. Just look at the Mosley fights when Vargas looked like an erect penis.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

-Majesty
    Would rather see Foxy Boxing at the Tropicana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't blame Vargas' back for his stationary style.

When he was young, his lateral movement was jaw dropping f*cking AMAZING!

Vargas' mind abandoned it.

Now I don't doubt the weight drains, hard punches, and back problems... he can't go back to that style.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off, the "loss" to Spinks didn't do shat to Mayorga, cus he fukin knows, along with anyone who knows anything about boxing, that he did NOT lose that damn fight. All it did, was rob him of his world titles and glory, and turn him into a jaded more pissed off MF, who just went for a the big fights, the big cash grabs against Tito and Oscar. Grabbin some glory with that WBC belt in between the losses. Also, Vargas has only been fighting for money lately, despite what he is saying, he knew he was gonna lose both fights to Mosley, and just tried to clinch and throw Mosley around rather than fight. He is shot, and he knows it. Mayorga ain't shot. At all. But he is not as hungry or vicious as he used to be, and he's not at the right weight. Don't worry bout the smack talkin either, Mayorga will offer up plenty of that b4 this fight takes place. If these two fight, and I pray they do, Mayorga will win, he will knock Fernando Vargas out.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bull s-hit-e!

Vargas is tough and can KO people quite nicely.

He will get his hunger in the ring as soon as Mayorga starts the trash talk

and poping punches in his face.

Afterall who doesn't get angry if you call them names and punch them in the face?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hardrock
    Bull s-hit-e!

Vargas is tough and can KO people quite nicely.

He will get his hunger in the ring as soon as Mayorga starts the trash talk

and poping punches in his face.

Afterall who doesn't get angry if you call them names and punch them in the face?

Michael Grant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    First off, the "loss" to Spinks didn't do shat to Mayorga, cus he fukin knows, along with anyone who knows anything about boxing, that he did NOT lose that damn fight.
    Oh he lost alright.

Boxing is not Mayorga's forte'...he's a lot better of just an in your face brawler but Spinks slipped & moved all of those wide assed looping shots & basically humiliated him.

Personally I think that Mayorga looked his best against Oscar & Tito.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

-Majesty
    Good post.

I aint sold on either fighter...never have been with Mayorga...partially was with Vargas. The thing is...both men have proven to have issues with boxers that either have a good defense or don't bend to their wills.

They both more or less fell apart at all the wrong times...but that's boxing & there's always a better man.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    First off, the "loss" to Spinks didn't do shat to Mayorga, cus he fukin knows, along with anyone who knows anything about boxing, that he did NOT lose that damn fight.
    Oh he lost alright.

Boxing is not Mayorga's forte'...he's a lot better of just an in your face brawler but Spinks slipped & moved all of those wide assed looping shots & basically humiliated him.

Personally I think that Mayorga looked his best against Oscar & Tito.
    Bullshat, and Leonard beat Hagler too.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree he did

Mentioned