Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default F.A.S.T training

Has anyone even done F.A.S.T training, if they have can they tell us some simple steps, i have been doing martial arts since i was little, ive done boxing for 2 years now but i still think i could learn to control adrenaline more. If anyone has done it can they give some basic steps through seeing as it is expensive, cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: F.A.S.T training

You in the UK or the US? Have you been to the F.A.S.T website? Also F.A.S.T is for martial artists who want to pressure test their techniques under the influence of adrenaline. A bulletman (a guy dressed in a specially constructed suit..able to take full force strikes to any area of the anatomy) will intimidate you and engage you in a confrontation. You will then respond to that threat and the bulletman will only go down when he deems the strikes powerful enough to put a grown man on the floor.

Why do you want to do F.A.S.T?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WTH are you guys talking about? Honestly, to me this sounds like more martial arts marketing crap to keep people coming to the dojos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have a quick look at this?

http://www.fastdefense.com/index.html

Believe me the stuff is pretty good and i wouldn't say that unless i believed so. Its all about harnessing your adrenaline in a confronation in the street. Getting in the ring and fighting brings about a different type of adrenaline...a slow build up which can be used and harnessed during the fight.
    If someone stops you in a bar when you were unaware of any problems, in code white as such then you get a massive 'adrenaline dump' Its this adrenaline that causes people to freeze and act like a rabbit caught in headlights. Even skilled fighters get this.
    The FAST course help you harness the dump and also it is a shock for a lot of practising traditional martial artists when they find out that their art doesn't work when under a real threat. Most people resort to a gross motor skill that is easy to recall.

Have a look anyway. Its interesting if nothing else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so it teaches you to control yourself in times of fight or flight? ok. I can buy that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also here is a pretty good site detailing concepts

http://www.fastdefenseofnewyork.com/fastdefense.htm

They are all over the place but the concepts are all the same. its about awareness of surroundings first and foremost. How to evade and escape a potentially dangerous situation. It then focusses on combat and how you stand up when confronted by a nasty spitting tosser who wants to rip your head off. Its controlled yes but as real as it gets to having someone in the street stand in your face wanting to hurt you.

Like i say. Worth a look. Many a martial artist has had a shock doinbg this course.

Thread Information