38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rafael Marquez-Israel Vazquez is set to happen on March 3

www.fightnews.com

Confirmed by Vazquez's manager.

Great news, great matchup. Set for March 3, location isn't set but apparently it will be on Showtime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rafael Marquez-Israel Vazquez is set to happen on March 3

CC,this will be fight of the year along with Adamek Dawson,Margarito Cotto,Castillo Hatton and of course,Oscar Floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this figth is set for april 7th and has been for a while. not sure where u got march 3rd from. but boxrec has it for 6/7/07, and their usualy rigth.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    CC,this will be fight of the year along with Adamek Dawson,Margarito Cotto,Castillo Hatton and of course,Oscar Floyd.
    Barrera and JMM wont be:P? lol so many amazing fights being made we are already forgetting some!!!!

this just keeps getting better and better!

fights i wanna se be made as well tho, meranda or abraham v wright or taylor, who fights who i don't care. pac v winner of barrer and JMM
    Calzaghe v a big name hopkins first, kessler if not...
    i thin valuv and klitch could be a cracker, i really do, valuve has some big hits, klit a suspect chin, but the skills to get inside and hurt valuve, i don't think that would be a snooze fest...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ethanpiazza
    this figth is set for april 7th and has been for a while. not sure where u got march 3rd from. but boxrec has it for 6/7/07, and their usualy rigth.
    Boxrec are nearly always wrong dude,March the 3rd was confirmed by Isreal Vazquez manager. April 7th was a date that was being discussed by March 7th has been decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Barrera and JMM wont be:P? lol so many amazing fights being made we are already forgetting some!!!!

fights i wanna se be made as well tho, meranda or abraham v wright or taylor, who fights who i don't care. pac v winner of barrer and JMM
    i thin valuv and klitch could be a cracker, i really do, valuve has some big hits, klit a suspect chin, but the skills to get inside and hurt valuve, i don't think that would be a snooze fest...
    MAB JMM,shit,how did I forget that...and they alllll involve my fave fighters!! Margarito,Cotto,these 2, e tc etc2007 is going to be THE best boxing year for me ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ethanpiazza
    Boxrec are nearly always wrong dude,March the 3rd was confirmed by Isreal Vazquez manager. April 7th was a date that was being discussed by March 7th has been decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Preme

MAB JMM,S***,how did I forget that...and they alllll involve my fave fighters!! Margarito,Cotto,these 2, e tc etc2007 is going to be THE best boxing year for me ever!
    The way its shaping up, this reallllly is looking like it will go down as one of the best years in boxing ever, also collazo v mosley i think will be a brilliant fight, even if its not an old fashon tear up, there will be alot of speed and skill...

+ with HBO wanting to distance them selves from promoters when their contract is up in june, could this action pack year regnite boxing back to its old days where the best fight the best?!?!?!? once HBO see their PPV figures i think it could

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wondering if Marquez can move up and stop Vazquez.

Would be tough, considering Israel's got a good chin, and we haven't seen Rafael's power at 122 yet, but I can see him landing a lot of clean punches and I think his power will be there at the new weight, he was a big 118 pounder.

As for the date, Vazquez's manager is a more credible source than boxrec. Baller27 is about as credible as boxrec.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

Would be tough, considering Israel's got a good chin, and we haven't seen Rafael's power at 122 yet, but I can see him landing a lot of clean punches and I think his power will be there at the new weight, he was a big 118 pounder.

As for the date, Vazquez's manager is a more credible source than boxrec. Baller27 is about as credible as boxrec.
    That will probably decide the outcome of the fight,whether Rafa can carry his power.If he can't,I'd favour Vazquez to catch up to him.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I expect a war. And I expect a Marquez win.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That will probably decide the outcome of the fight,whether Rafa can carry his power.If he can't,I'd favour Vazquez to catch up to him.
    The more I think about it I think he can carry the power, and I'm also starting to lean towards a late stoppage for him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The more I think about it I think he can carry the power, and I'm also starting to lean towards a late stoppage for him.
    Yeah,if he does carry it up,I think he will win via late KO but I'm a fan of both guys so dont mind,I just want to see an all out war! Does the loser forgo their P4P status and where does the winner go?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of those fights where I'm not sure who I'll root for. Like them both. I do think Marquez will win though, either by stoppage or decision cause I would be surprised if Israel won many of the early rounds. But if he can take Marquez's power the late rounds could be interesting.

I already have Marquez in my P4P list, this would just move him up a little. Vazquez would be P4P IMO if he won this fight.

Thread Information