Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: So how do you see this one going guys?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturday Night - Collazo-V-Mosley... Who wins?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Saturday Night - Collazo-V-Mosley... Who wins?

No one seems to be talking about this fight too much, yet should prove to be a real boxing treat!

Mosley seems rejuvenated and Collazo knows he's getting better and better. IMO this is a pick-em fight posing many questions that beg to be answered...

Is Mosley really back to his old ways... Is he still fast, explosive and confident?
    Is Collazo really the best kept secret of the 147'ers... Can he exhibit and utilise the tough & slick qualities he showed against Hatton?

What does this fight do for boxing @ 147... Indeed what does it do for the winner and loosers career respectively?
    Also, what reverberating effect could this fights outcome have on the reputation of past opponents?

At this point, more importantly, who do you think will win this intriguing match-up?

Discuss
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saturday Night - Collazo-V-Mosley... Who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie
    No one seems to be talking about this fight too much, yet should prove to be a real boxing treat!

Mosley seems rejuvenated and Collazo knows he's getting better and better. IMO this is a pick-em fight posing many questions that beg to be answered...

Is Mosley really back to his old ways... Is he still fast, explosive and confident?
    Is Collazo really the best kept secret of the 147'ers... Can he exhibit and utilise the tough & slick qualities he showed against Hatton?

What does this fight do for boxing @ 147... Indeed what does it do for the winner and loosers career respectively?
    Also, what reverberating effect could this fights outcome have on the reputation of past opponents?

At this point, more importantly, who do you think will win this intriguing match-up?

Discuss
    Its not been shown in the UK live so there isn't as much interest over here for it. I voted Collazo by UD anyway. I don't think Mosley is back to his best. I think Vargas was washed up and that in itself made Mosley out to be better than he is. Last time at welter he looked average against Cruz but i think Collazo's combination punching could be a big factor.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I went with UD by Mosley. The bookies have Mosley by a margin so it really isn't a pick em' fight. I think a gift decision could perhaps happen......not that Shane will need it.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono
    Its not been shown in the UK live so there isn't as much interest over here for it. I voted Collazo by UD anyway. I don't think Mosley is back to his best. I think Vargas was washed up and that in itself made Mosley out to be better than he is. Last time at welter he looked average against Cruz but i think Collazo's combination punching could be a big factor.
    Yeah I was hoping for a response from our Stateside Saddonians, I know it’s being shown live on ShowTime.

Your right about Mosley's last outing at Welter. I’m hoping he has returned with more in his locker.
    The thing that gets me is that Mosley’s thing seemed to be based around speed & power in combinations.

So potentially you’ve got two fighters willing to put a lot in.
    On top of that Mosley as we know is a very seasoned fighter while Collazo already has that look about him too.

As you can probably tell, im hoping this fight proves to be a big deal as i'm rapidly growing tired of the other welters making excess noise.

This fight is just strictly business
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I was hoping for a response from our Stateside Saddonians, I know it’s being shown live on ShowTime.

Your right about Mosley's last outing at Welter. I’m hoping he has returned with more in his locker.
    The thing that gets me is that Mosley’s thing seemed to be based around speed & power in combinations.

On top of that Mosley as we know is a very seasoned fighter while Collazo already has that look about him too.
    I think i'll be able to watch it on stream hopefully bcos i'm looking forward to Harris - Lazcano on the undercard as well. Another pick em fight IMO.

Going back to the main event i'm in a win win situation....

If Collazo wins i'll be able to issue 'i told you so's' to the Hatton haters

and if Mosley wins, his signed Glove on my bedroom wall might go up in value...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    I went with UD by Mosley. The bookies have Mosley by a margin so it really isn't a pick em' fight. I think a gift decision could perhaps happen......not that Shane will need it.
    The bookies favour Mosley heavily? Thats intresting.

I voted Collazo UD... Now i'm thinking about having a flutter too
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm really up in the air about this one. Everytime I doubt Mosley, he proves me wrong, so I'm leaning toward him. This will be a very tough and entertaining fight.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think i'll be able to watch it on stream hopefully bcos i'm looking forward to Harris - Lazcano on the undercard as well. Another pick em fight IMO.

Haha, signed Mosley Glove? Lucky fella!

I almost forgot about the Lazcano/ Harris fight... Indeed, it should be a very entertaining night of boxing.
    Its a shame its not on Sky Sports at least on Sunday.

You know, i wonder if these Hatton haters are also secretly Mosley haters too?
    What a pain in the neck that would be!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanE
    I'm really up in the air about this one. Everytime I doubt Mosley, he proves me wrong, so I'm leaning toward him. This will be a very tough and entertaining fight.
    Fair Point.
    I suppose we have to realise the fact that the only time Mosley really did fail to deliver was up at 154.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually speaking of Hatton......I want Collazo to win. I think an impressive win over Shane would really lift some wieght off of Hatton after his fight.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sky had it scheduled as live at one point

Bit surprised the bookies have Mosley such a strong favourite...although I think he'll win. I'm interested too in what it does for Hattons form.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im taking Shane to win this by decision. Callazo is a good boxer, but Shane is one of the best of recent times and hes going have so much more experience.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha, signed Mosley Glove? Lucky fella!

I almost forgot about the Lazcano/ Harris fight... Indeed, it should be a very entertaining night of boxing.
    Its a shame its not on Sky Sports at least on Sunday.

You know, i wonder if these Hatton haters are also secretly Mosley haters too?
    What a pain in the neck that would be!
    Indeed i am

Are you going to be watching it?

I like Mosley he's one of the nice guys and Collazo is a very good fighter so it should be great.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definately looking forward to this one,

My picks -
    Mosley by UD, I think that mosley's jumping in and out will be too much for Collazo
    8 rounds to 4 Mosley

Lazcano by 8th round KO, people underestimate Harris, but more people underestimate Lazcano.
    as long as he can survive the early storm Lazcano will turn it around and make Harris kiss the canvas.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I lean towards Collazo on this one....

...only just.

I Dont think Luis is going to blow-out Mosely, i think it's going to be a close fought affair, but the younger & Fresher Luis Collazo may just seize his 2nd shot at the big time!

I dont think Collazo has a weak enough for shane to exploit, although im sure he will have his moments.

They are both fast-handed - but Luis also has the southpaw advantage too.

I just dont feel shane is as pumped up for this fight as he should be!

Thread Information