Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Margarito Cotto does not come off,Cotto may face...Judah?!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If Margarito Cotto does not come off,Cotto may face...Judah?!

http://www.maxboxing.com/Kim/Kim020907.asp

Kim is an excellent analysis and usually nails points..I hope its not Judah though,I'd prefer Mosley or Cintron!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Margarito Cotto does not come off,Cotto may face...Judah?!

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Kim is an excellent analysis and usually nails points..I hope its not Judah though,I'd prefer Mosley or Cintron!
    Cotto will finish Judah off for good. He'l knock him out. I love watching Cotto.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as people like to rag on Judah, you could find many worse replacement opponents out there. In fact, I think a fighter of Judah's speed could be an important test for Cotto.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono

Cotto will finish Judah off for good. He'l knock him out. I love watching Cotto.
    I like Cotto too but don't be so sure. He's got a bit of a chin problem himself. And Zab has more speed, talent, and has beaten better fighters. We'll see how Judah looks in his tune up fight, but I would make Judah the favorite against Cotto myself. Though I like both guys a lot.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judah was wincing from Floyds bodyshots,Cotto would break him in half. And Cotto was went down from a push,and was taking shots from a guy with a 98% KO ratio.And I'm sure the weight making was an issue too. Judah is faster,his power is over rated at 147. Cotto is bigger,stronger,has very very under rated handspeed,good jab when he uses it and power in both hands. He can cut the ring off well too. Cotto via tko by the 9th at the latest.And Judah does not conclusively have the better resume.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judah was wincing from Floyds bodyshots,Cotto would break him in half. And Cotto was went down from a push,and was taking shots from a guy with a 98% KO ratio.And I'm sure the weight making was an issue too. Judah is faster,his power is over rated at 147. Cotto is bigger,stronger,has very very under rated handspeed,good jab when he uses it and power in both hands. He can cut the ring off well too. Cotto via tko by the 9th at the latest.And Judah does not conclusively have the better resume.
    Give him a bit more credit then that, man... He'll be the best fighter Cotto will have ever faced if it happens. Dont see how you could argue that, or find it to be a bad choice of opponent. That would say a hell of alot about Cotto imo.. Ballsy move to accept the Judah fight at this point, Zabs not exactly a red hot ticket but still a very dangerous fighter that doesn't get enough credit for his ability. He could very well give Miguel everything he could handle early on, and a stoppage win for Judah wouldn't be out of the question either as long as he fights smart. The longer the fight lasts the more Cotto will take over but I would definetly expect Judah to win the early rounds and he could very possibly hurt him.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judah has been THE REAL champ before, something Cotto is yet to do. Also did you see the Chop Chop fights with both? Judah easily whipped Corley, not once getting hurt, Cotto was rocked BIG TIME, but stopped Corley albeit controversially. And I did not see Judah hurtin from the body shots much from Floyd, he knocked Floyd down and won the first 4 rounds, plus the 12th, thats better than Cotto could do against Mayweather at this stage. Really, a focused Judah should be able to put Cotto on his ass. For Cotto to win I think he would have to go out there and put a hurt on Judah quick, not fuk around and try to box with Judah. Judah is still an ELITE fighter Game, you know it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Give him a bit more credit then that, man... He'll be the best fighter Cotto will have ever faced if it happens. Dont see how you could argue that, or find it to be a bad choice of opponent. That would say a hell of alot about Cotto imo.. Ballsy move to accept the Judah fight at this point, Zabs not exactly a red hot ticket but still a very dangerous fighter that doesn't get enough credit for his ability. He could very well give Miguel everything he could handle early on, and a stoppage win for Judah wouldn't be out of the question either as long as he fights smart. The longer the fight lasts the more Cotto will take over but I would definetly expect Judah to win the early rounds and he could very possibly hurt him.
    Sorry,poor wording on my behalf. Whilst I agree Judah is a dangerous fighter,I believe that Cotto is better off fighting Mosley or unifying with Cintron in an all PR battle. Judah should have to work his way up. I don't think Judah could stop Cotto,no way.I believe his power to be over rated at 147 and I also believe when Cottos' camp says Cotto has become a better fighter by just moving up,he was killing himself to make the weight and that could have affected his stamina,punch resistance etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Judah has been THE REAL champ before, something Cotto is yet to do. Also did you see the Chop Chop fights with both? Judah easily whipped Corley, not once getting hurt, Cotto was rocked BIG TIME, but stopped Corley albeit controversially. And I did not see Judah hurtin from the body shots much from Floyd, he knocked Floyd down and won the first 4 rounds, plus the 12th, thats better than Cotto could do against Mayweather at this stage. Really, a focused Judah should be able to put Cotto on his ass. For Cotto to win I think he would have to go out there and put a hurt on Judah quick, not fuk around and try to box with Judah. Judah is still an ELITE fighter Game, you know it.
    I don't care what champ he has been.Who did he lose it to? Cotto was rocked and it was a contraversial stoppage but Cotto was taking more risks than Judah and was plagued with weight making problems and he most certainly would have stopped DeMarcus at some point.

And I had the Judah PBF fight 3-2 Judah after the first five. ANd athletically speaking,I'll admit Judah is elite but again,I re stress the point,mere athletiscm won't cut it in boxing and thats why Judah is not elite imo. How can he be? He's lost what...4 of his last 6 or 7 fights>That elite? I disagree. And Cotto would be better than Judah against Floyd imo but thats irrelevant and Judah didn't knock Floyd down from the power of his punch,it was a balance issue and it was not officially called either.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Didn't Judah only win a split against Chop Chop?
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah i dont think that Judah will even make it 2 cotto because i dont think he will get past israel cardona imo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as nice as cotto is... he cant take a punch and judah WILL hit him and it will most likely be the hardest cotto has EVER been hit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zab would beat both Margarito and Cotto. Nobody has made Mayweather look "beatable" other then Zab Judah and Jose Luis Castillo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Zab would beat both Margarito and Cotto. Nobody has made Mayweather look "beatable" other then Zab Judah and Jose Luis Castillo.
    Of course,he made Floyd look beatable therefore he can beat everyone Floyd was just thinking his way around in the early rounds and after five it was 3-2 Judah.after that Floyd dominated easily whilst Judah was making a fool of himself with those stupid hand movements and the nonsense talking.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course,he made Floyd look beatable therefore he can beat everyone Floyd was just thinking his way around in the early rounds and after five it was 3-2 Judah.after that Floyd dominated easily whilst Judah was making a fool of himself with those stupid hand movements and the nonsense talking.
    Quick to defend Floyd today aren't we?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zab would beat both Margarito and Cotto.
    I agree, Zab would beat them both the same way he beat Baldomir.
    Right on!!

Nobody has made Mayweather look "beatable" other then Zab Judah and Jose Luis Castillo.
    I think it should be reversed JLC should be listed 1st then Zab. Zab did win some early rds. But did he win the fight?

Thread Information