Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Collazo suffered broken hand! its true

He probably hurt it after the fight.
    No doubt punched a locker room wall in frustration.

Nahhh I kid.
    I still dig ya, Luis.
    /pretending Collazo reads this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know how fighters continue with broken hands - I did mine last year playing rugby and only lasted another 5-10mins before I had to come off, I think people could be a little kinder to Collazo.

Saying that I do suppose it matters how bad the break is.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok I saw the fight last night, and since he had said he hurt his hand in the 3rd round I paid close attention.. And, he looked discouraged as hell but sure didn't say anything about his hand or look to be in any pain in his corner after rd.3.. I can only imagine it really wasn't too serious, unless possibly he had injured it in training and fought regardless.. Seems to me, though I've never done it, if you fracture your hand right then and there your going to be in pain or at least after using the hand to punch would show pain. I never saw any reaction from Collazo the whole fight that really made me think he had hurt the hand during action..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Until a see a pic of the swollen hand,the xray or cast on his hand, this sound like BS to me. He says that the post-fight x-ray reveal a fracture thumb which is an unusual fracture in boxers and he also reports 3 torned ligaments which is BS as torn ligaments are not diagnosed on x-ray. They would need MRI for that.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A broken hand would go someway towards explaining why Collazo lost by such a margin. Collazo won the second round and was looking very effective. If the hand was broken in the 3rd then that is partly why he struggled to make any further impact. Im not taking away from Mosley because he was awesome and far more accurate, but a broken bone in the hand is a nightmare situation..

It is weird how he didnt say anything to his corner about it though, the guy must have a high tolerance of pain and is tougher than I thought!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    A broken hand would go someway towards explaining why Collazo lost by such a margin. Collazo won the second round and was looking very effective. If the hand was broken in the 3rd then that is partly why he struggled to make any further impact. Im not taking away from Mosley because he was awesome and far more accurate, but a broken bone in the hand is a nightmare situation..

It is weird how he didnt say anything to his corner about it though, the guy must have a high tolerance of pain and is tougher than I thought!
    See I thought that too, and that's why I really tried to look for anything to suggest he really injured it then.. But the thing is, Mosley had him hurt in the 3rd rd as well, he definetly wobbled him. So I suspect Collazo just said he hurt it in the 3rd because that's when he realized he couldn't fight with Mosley. Again, not saying it wasn't hurt, but I doubt it was anything that happened in the 3rd round, if in the fight itself at all. Face it Miles, Collazo lost by such a margin because Mosley knew I picked him and he couldn't bear to let me down. To suggest any other reason is foolish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah collazo was winning early before breaking his hand. I think they should both rematch.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nah they shouldn't rematch, mosley can't have much time left in the game, he needs to go after the big dogs now! Collazo should get a much deserved rematch from hatton instead, not mosley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    http://www.fightnews.com/

A post-fight x-ray recommended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission revealed a fracture to Collazo's left hand
    Joe Calzaghe has broken his hands during fights and still won

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rvk1331
    yeah collazo was winning early before breaking his hand. I think they should both rematch.
    Bullshitsky!! What fight were you watching

Thread Information