Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Castillo-Hatton on June 23!

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Is there something wrong with me in not being really very excited about this?

I really think it will be an ugly fight, 12 round decision with Ricky probably winning a close 116-112 decision.

But it really means S*** to be honest. 147 lb is the where the action is. Neither Hatton or Castillo deserve to be in the p4p rankings and whover wins becomes the man in a division where all the proper talent moved up a year or so ago.

Hatton and Castillo are like vultures fighting over a baby zebra carcass. The lions who made the kill have already eaten their fill and moved onto to hunt for bigger prey.

I think your lack of excitement has to do with the fact both fighters have looked like crap their last time out....If they perform like they did then we will have a snoozer.....If both are up to par we will have a hell of a fight......lets hope for the second chioce
    Ricky hasn't looked good in his past 3 fights, Castillo's past 3 fights have been two uninspiring 12 rounders against unknowns and a rubber match with Coralles which was cancelled because he couldn't make weight, again.

I've never seen Ricky Hatton in an exciting fight truth be told. Can anyone name a real barnburner he was in, or a fight where looked spectacular?

He reminds me of Kasim Ouma, another fighter whose punch stats and workrate sound really impressive on paper but whose fights are actually really workmanlike and dull to watch.

Castillo at least has had his fair share of thrilling fights, and can win in style occasionally, but his career is also peppered with dull decisions and unexciting victories also.

Personally IMO his fight with Emmon MgGee was one I liked best...showed him as a true work horse
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    can't hang with the welters..gotta fight blown up lightweights...good fight for Hatton to keep his winning streak intact.....first fight for castillo at this weight isn't it
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDENBOY213
    These two fighters will beat floyd .
    you need removed from this site.....where is Saddo when you need him...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres some strange comments on this thread for sure.

1. Why doesnt Hatton go to Welterweight? Well the answer is because he is a lightwelterweight fighter not a welterweight fighter - that is his fighting weight! You could just as easily say why dont the others come down to light-welterweight to fight Hatton, or why did they move up when they hadnt fought him yet

2. Choice of fighter at Lieght Welterweight - we all agree LW scene isnt as good as it was at all - but given that is Ricky's division, surely everyone agrees that Castillo is the most difficult opponent. Hes not a blown up lightweight - he failed to make that weight more than once.

Theres noone Ricky wants more than Cotto and Mayweather - but it was them that moved away from the divison, not him!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bornlivelife
    Theres some strange comments on this thread for sure.

1. Why doesnt Hatton go to Welterweight? Well the answer is because he is a lightwelterweight fighter not a welterweight fighter - that is his fighting weight! You could just as easily say why dont the others come down to light-welterweight to fight Hatton, or why did they move up when they hadnt fought him yet

2. Choice of fighter at Lieght Welterweight - we all agree LW scene isnt as good as it was at all - but given that is Ricky's division, surely everyone agrees that Castillo is the most difficult opponent. Hes not a blown up lightweight - he failed to make that weight more than once.

Theres noone Ricky wants more than Cotto and Mayweather - but it was them that moved away from the divison, not him!

Cotto and Mayweather moved up to get the big fights. Hatton moved up to get the big fights but decided he wasn't cut out for it and moved back down to dominate an empty division.

The only remotely decent fighter in the entire division is Castillo, and he's getting on in years.

As for lightwelter being Ricky's fighting weight I don't really agree. I think the fact is that the best fighters are at 147 and he got more than enough from Collazo made him decide that he belonged at 140 lb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why dont Cotto and Mayweather challenge Ricky at 140 then? If Ricky moving up to 147 is a challenging fight against them, surely the same is true at 140 - why didnt they fight him before moving up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[/quote]can't hang with the welters..gotta fight blown up lightweights...good fight for Hatton to keep his winning streak intact.....first fight for castillo at this weight isn't it
    [/quote]

nah castillo faught on the undercard of hatton vs urango and won a SD against ngodjo (some weird speling like that). showed a bit of ring rust really but still cant wait for hatton vs castillo

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton needs to impress in this bout. He has had 2 false starts in his American adventure with question marks placed after each fight. He is fighting a man who hasnt looked good in a while but has been in with the best. Now is the time for him to really hammer home that "the Hitman" means business. Hatton must win , and to do it decisively.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Hatton needs to impress in this bout. He has had 2 false starts in his American adventure with question marks placed after each fight. He is fighting a man who hasnt looked good in a while but has been in with the best. Now is the time for him to really hammer home that "the Hitman" means business. Hatton must win , and to do it decisively.
    After the way he fled the 147 scene I think 'the Running Man' might be more appropriate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Hatton moves up in weight after this fight if he wins. Fights with Mayweather, Judah, Cotto, Mosely would be great. The Light-Welter Divison is rubbish.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    After the way he fled the 147 scene I think 'the Running Man' might be more appropriate.
    I think it was a mistake even going up to 147 in the first place. To win a title in the manner he did and to move back down was a folly. Knives out for the critics and the knives have been sharp ever since. And then to move back down and win a belt he would immediately discard. I wont even bother defending Hatton on those fronts because even as a fan, I think he has been churlish and opportunistic. He needs to beat Castillo, and in style. And I agree, with you Bilbo that Castillo is not where its at.

But I do disagree that Hatton needs to go up to 147 to prove himself. Hatton is a relatively small guy and 140 is where his frame has always seemed comfortable...

Thread Information