Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton v Margerito (sp)

Would Hatton beat Antonio Margerito if he moves up in weight ? Not really a big fan of Tony and still think that we are yet to see the best of Hatton despite his last two mediocre performances. What would happen in this fight ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton v Margerito (sp)

"12 rounds of boxing, for the Undisputed Overrated Championship of the World!!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

margarito is very big, even for a welter weight. and he has a good workrate and is a hard hitter. i would maybe pick him against hatton. but there is a lot of body on margarito for a fighter like hatton or cotto to take advantage of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hughesd
    Would Hatton beat Antonio Margerito if he moves up in weight ? Not really a big fan of Tony and still think that we are yet to see the best of Hatton despite his last two mediocre performances. What would happen in this fight ?
    never....Hatton is the most overrated fighter out there....Margerito probably KO's Hatton..
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton SD 12. Tony's size just allows for more body that Hatton can grab and hold on to. Hatton would get off first then clinch all night. Tony's punches are wide and slow as hell. Tony doesn't fight his size anyway, he fights small, so Hatton wouldn't have a problem getting inside. Tony would be frustrated by Hatton's clinching tactics and Ricky would eek out the win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito is much too big for Rick. Rick is physically too small (short with short arms) to be effective againsed most welters. The only people who want to see him at welter are the ones who want him to take a beating.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    "12 rounds of boxing, for the Undisputed Overrated Championship of the World!!!!!"
    I have it a draw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sweet Pea said it all!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A fight between 2 guys not afraid to fight anybody. Margarito would slaughter Hatton though. He's too big,too strong and whilst he is going to the body,Tony would be ripping him with uppercuts and going to his body and Hatton seems weak there.And when Hatton would try to clinch,Tony would easily push him off.Margarito via late stoppage.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    A fight between 2 guys not afraid to fight anybody. Margarito would slaughter Hatton though. He's too big,too strong and whilst he is going to the body,Tony would be ripping him with uppercuts and going to his body and Hatton seems weak there.And when Hatton would try to clinch,Tony would easily push him off.Margarito via late stoppage.
    Ill mostly agree... Verdicts still out for me on whether Hatton will ever actually want anything to do with Mayweather, but as far as how the fight would go I think your dead on. Tony's just too big and strong, if Hatton had trouble overpowering or tying up Collazo Margarito could do just as you say and push him off.. Or just beat him on the inside anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ill mostly agree... Verdicts still out for me on whether Hatton will ever actually want anything to do with Mayweather, but as far as how the fight would go I think your dead on. Tony's just too big and strong, if Hatton had trouble overpowering or tying up Collazo Margarito could do just as you say and push him off.. Or just beat him on the inside anyways.
    why the hell did you bring mayweather into it greg ?? got nothing to do witht he topic. but as you mentioned it why else would hatton have mentioned mayweather as a fight he would love for years now if he never wanted anything to do with him?
    with enough time to get comfortable at the weight and perhaps a tuner fight at welter hatton may stand a better chance. but i think as i said before that margarito is probably just a bit too big and brave for hatton.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    why the hell did you bring mayweather into it greg ?? got nothing to do witht he topic. but as you mentioned it why else would hatton have mentioned mayweather as a fight he would love for years now if he never wanted anything to do with him?
    with enough time to get comfortable at the weight and perhaps a tuner fight at welter hatton may stand a better chance. but i think as i said before that margarito is probably just a bit too big and brave for hatton.
    P4PKING,CC,for the first time in like 300 posts,I agree with you.JBirdy,I think P4PKing is referring to Mayweather because,I said that theses 2 are warriors willing to fight anyone,and he's questioning whether Hatton wants anything to do with PBF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito wins by KO. We just have to look at Collazo's fight who could hurt Hatton and ask why Hatton returned to 140. I don't think Hatton will take a fight with Margarito, at least for now. My opinion is that Margarito will be too big and strong for Hatton.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Hi it's me again
    Hatton does want Mayweather. That's all he talks about...but the only way he beats him is if Hatton gets him in a 16 foot ring in England. That way Hatton would catch him. Hatton isn't a welterweight and has no business fighting anybody as big as Margarito.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Thread Information