Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: So who wins what & how for HBO's Mega Blast?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds: The Cotto & Miranda Show

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds: The Cotto & Miranda Show

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...usCoOOvZY.html

In addition to the Urkal fight, Cotto has a showdown with Zab Judah scheduled June 9. Cotto says that fight is not a distraction. "All I'm focusing on is the March 3rd the fight that I have with Urkal. That's all I'm thinking about right now. Once that's settled and we get it done, we'll think about what's up next and what's coming up in June." In regards to Judah's vow to knock him out in five rounds, Cotto commented, "all I can tell you is that throughout his career, Judah has always been a big talker, but seeing the actions in the ring, he has not been able to back up those words. So I'm not worried about anything he has to say."

So...Cotto's already talking about Judah...so I think that it's time that we all should.

Honestly, I think that Cotto might MIGHT be biting off a bit much with Judah. Judah's a hell of a boxer (even though I hate him) that's well equipped with enough speed to beat Cotto.

This is a fight that worries me. Thoughts? Who would you people pick in a Cotto Judah match?

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds: The Cotto & Miranda Show

WackOff3205

Theres something I think YOU should read, it occured during the time of your absense....

Here you go....
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...c,43170.0.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    WackOff3205

Theres something I think YOU should read, it occured during the time of your absense....

Here you go....
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...c,43170.0.html
    Yeah...I read that...but I want to discuss it here & now...YOU GOT A FWOCKIN PROBLEM WITH THAT MICKEY?!?!?!

In that case...I present to you...Exhibit A:
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I'm pretty much on the same page as Pantera regarding Green.

Personally...I think that he's overratted & he'll fight stupidly against Miranda. He'll try to make a statement...because honestly...that's all Miranda has been doing & he'll want to one up him on the big screen.

I've started to warm to Miranda which is odd because he embodies all the things in boxing that do not appeal to me. I aint one for brawlers & power punchers...but the man keeps on winning & keeps on making statements punctuated with exclamation marks.

What do ya do?

Anywho...I'm picking Miranda regardless of what abilities that Green has because Abraham is twice the boxer is & their match was a fight. Green may frustrate him in the start...but if Miranda comes out full speed...Green is fwocked.

I'd love another Miranda first round KO...as backwards as that is.
    It may be wrong to assume Miranda is just gonna come in reckless. But it's just as wrong to assume that Green is gonna fight a stupid fight.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    I'm pretty much on the same page as Pantera regarding Green.

Personally...I think that he's overratted & he'll fight stupidly against Miranda. He'll try to make a statement...because honestly...that's all Miranda has been doing & he'll want to one up him on the big screen.

I've started to warm to Miranda which is odd because he embodies all the things in boxing that do not appeal to me. I aint one for brawlers & power punchers...but the man keeps on winning & keeps on making statements punctuated with exclamation marks.

What do ya do?

Anywho...I'm picking Miranda regardless of what abilities that Green has because Abraham is twice the boxer is & their match was a fight. Green may frustrate him in the start...but if Miranda comes out full speed...Green is fwocked.

I'd love another Miranda first round KO...as backwards as that is.
    It may be wrong to assume Miranda is just gonna come in reckless.
    You are...glad you admitted the possibility...kept me from singling you out.

But it's just as wrong to assume that Green is gonna fight a stupid fight.
    Nope. I'm right...your'e wrong. Deal with it.

Seriously though...your'e wrong. Green's gonna get slaughtered. Deal.

No...seriously...if Green boxes smart...you are correct...he could win...but I just don't see him performing that way against someone of Miranda's force of will.

Miranda will back him up & pressure him like he has never been pressured before, IWO. Then again...as I said...you could be wrong...but for arguements sake...let's say that I'm right. Do you believe that he can take Miranda's power & work through it?

I just don't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds: The Cotto & Miranda Sho

I think Green can.

If his chin was average we've seen his heart already to get up and win by knockout. I think Green will do good in this fight and win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds: The Cotto & Miranda Sho

I think Green can.
    I don't...but props to ya for supporting your man.

If his chin was average we've seen his heart already to get up and win by knockout. I think Green will do good in this fight and win.
    His chin is average & wev'e not seen him in against a power puncher like Miranda.

I think that he'll do good for the first 6 rounds or so & then get knocked out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Green can.

His chin is average & wev'e not seen him in against a power puncher like Miranda.

Do you agree that if Miranda doesn't catch him with THAT one shot or that Green can take it well enough to not get knocked out that Miranda is losing this fight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Green can.

Do you agree that if Miranda doesn't catch him with THAT one shot or that Green can take it well enough to not get knocked out that Miranda is losing this fight?
    Not sure.

They both have shitty defenses & Miranda relies on that one shot to win matches...sure...MAYBE Green can pull out a win if it goes the distance...who knows?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Green can.

If this goes the distance, and it won't, but IF it did, I still think Miranda would win on points. He is unorthadox, but that is what makes him so dangerous. He can fwock you up with any hand and any punch. Also, dont forget, it's gonna be hard for Green to pull out a decision in Puerto Rico.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    But I don't see Green going the full distance, just because he's a "boxer" doesn't mean he has good defense. He leaves his chin up, doesn't move his head, and he doesn't move his feet well. And he's got stamina issues, dropping weight most likely won't help that.
    Couldn't have put it better...
    CC. I'm not totally discounting Green's chances, Miranda can be hit and Green can punch, but I do think Green's skills, especially defensively, are overrated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've gotta say, I think Marquez-Vasquez is easily the fight of the night for March 3. Wacko, are you going to do a double-header?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone forget about the Montiel Z Gorres fight happening tomorrow

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone forget about the Montiel Z Gorres fight happening tomorrow
    Not me, been saying it UD Gorres not a good idea of the Montiel camp. to do this, hes Champ. if Gorres want's the title he should come for it....
    Much credit and respect to 'Cochulito' for taking the fight.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera
    If this goes the distance, and it won't, but IF it did, I still think Miranda would win on points. He is unorthadox, but that is what makes him so dangerous. He can fwock you up with any hand and any punch. Also, dont forget, it's gonna be hard for Green to pull out a decision in Puerto Rico.
    Totally agree.

I don't see it going the 12 & yes...if it does & is competitve I'll be shocked.

Again, IWO, Green is an untested hype machine & he will be checked...truthfully...they both are...but Miranda continues to surprise me...he shined against Eastman & he took everything that Abraham offered.

I still want him to stay at 160lbs though.

Thread Information