Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many of you actually WANT Mayweather to beat ODLH?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How many of you actually WANT Mayweather to beat ODLH?

im with oscar on this one. just to hear what PBF says afterwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Mayweather is a guy who has all the skills to be great and has given some great performances but.....

He has proven time and again that he will go out of his way to fight the most dangerous opponent out there...Not saying he doesn't have the ability to beat them but goes out of his way to avoid them...DLH will be the best fighter he has ever faced and if not for the crazy amount of money he is being paid I don't think he would fight him....Matweather like to compare himself to the legendary P4P fighters but he has yet to face the level of comp any of them have....Or attemp to fight no one but the best....EG at 140 he sought out the weakest of the champions and I am sorry he did not fight the first champion available...Any of them and their sanctioning body would have cleared a spot for him just for a pay day alone....

Ali fought Frazier, Foreman, Liston, Patterson, Norton and sought them all out

Leonard fought Hearns, Hagler, Duran, Benitez and sought them out

Robinson fought everyone!!!...Same for Joe Louis

Oscar DLH has always sought out the best even if he lost he sought them out

Roy Jones had limited comp in his division but still had some great fights and made it a point to fight at HW to prove something

Hearns fought Leonard, Cuevas, Hagler, Leonard

Baldomir,,Corrales,,Gatti,,Judah and Hernandez are not qualified to make PBF a man in the league of those men I mentioned...

Like I said it's not that Floyd doesn't have the skills it is just he rather go for the gain at the least expense then try to fool us into thinking he has done otherwise...

Leonard,,Hearns,,Duran,,Arguello,,Pryor,,Robinson all would have given Floyd a beating...PBF would have held his own and even won a portion of the fight against any of them but come gut check time these legends would have showed him what P4P greatness was all about...I don't care who agrees

And untill Floyd shows that he has the internal heart to go at it like these men did time and again I will not change my mind
    Yeah Baldi was more of a danger to him than Toni... bullshit he was! I agree baldi was regarded as the liner WW champ, the WBC holder, but F*** off was he more of a danger than anyone else to floyd
    I suppose that Gatti was more dangerous than Hatton or Cotto right

"He has proven time and again that he will go out of his way to fight the most dangerous opponent out there..." sometimes he does, but not always don't bring gatti into it coz what happend at 140 isnt the point, fighting mitchel at 147 wasnt the danger fight either - don't do ur usual crap and try change what was put in front of you...

That wasn't "i hate floyd mayweather" post either, i don't blame him for taking an easy fight at his first 147 fight, knowing the type of guy floyd is i fully expected him to take on baldi, he was the liner WW champ, the WBC champ, a belt that floyd onlyseems interested in really fighting for and fair play to him - i agree 100% on him in the both fights, but when you make out he goes out of his way to fight the danger fights, well that crap.

I am pretty sure I said he goes out of his way to AVOID DANGER FIGHTS!!!!!......

OR ELSE I WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO WRITE ABOUT HOW THE PAST GREATS AND DLH HAVE ALWAYS PURSUED THE TOP GUYS IN THIER DIVISIONS NOW DIDN'T I

MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND BEFORE OPENING YOUR MOUTH AND MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF.....

BUT LIKE MAYWEATHER DUCKING THE MOST DANGEROUS OPP AND GETTING THE EASIER WIN...ITS EASIER FOR YOU JUST TO MAKE AN IDIOT OF YOURSELF BY NOT READING CORRECTLY....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is a guy who has all the skills to be great and has given some great performances but.....

He has proven time and again that he will go out of his way to fight the most dangerous opponent out there...Not saying he doesn't have the ability to beat them but goes out of his way to avoid them...DLH will be the best fighter he has ever faced and if not for the crazy amount of money he is being paid I don't think he would fight him....Matweather like to compare himself to the legendary P4P fighters but he has yet to face the level of comp any of them have....Or attemp to fight no one but the best....EG at 140 he sought out the weakest of the champions and I am sorry he did not fight the first champion available...Any of them and their sanctioning body would have cleared a spot for him just for a pay day alone....

Roy Jones had limited comp in his division but still had some great fights and made it a point to fight at HW to prove something

Baldomir,,Corrales,,Gatti,,Judah and Hernandez are not qualified to make PBF a man in the league of those men I mentioned...

Like I said it's not that Floyd doesn't have the skills it is just he rather go for the gain at the least expense then try to fool us into thinking he has done otherwise...

Leonard,,Hearns,,Duran,,Arguello,,Pryor,,Robinson all would have given Floyd a beating...PBF would have held his own and even won a portion of the fight against any of them but come gut check time these legends would have showed him what P4P greatness was all about...I don't care who agrees

And untill Floyd shows that he has the internal heart to go at it like these men did time and again I will not change my mind
    Yeah Baldi was more of a danger to him than Toni... bullshit he was! I agree baldi was regarded as the liner WW champ, the WBC holder, but F*** off was he more of a danger than anyone else to floyd

"He has proven time and again that he will go out of his way to fight the most dangerous opponent out there..." sometimes he does, but not always don't bring gatti into it coz what happend at 140 isnt the point, fighting mitchel at 147 wasnt the danger fight either - don't do ur usual crap and try change what was put in front of you...

That wasn't "i hate floyd mayweather" post either, i don't blame him for taking an easy fight at his first 147 fight, knowing the type of guy floyd is i fully expected him to take on baldi, he was the liner WW champ, the WBC champ, a belt that floyd onlyseems interested in really fighting for and fair play to him - i agree 100% on him in the both fights, but when you make out he goes out of his way to fight the danger fights, well that crap.

I am pretty sure I said he goes out of his way to AVOID DANGER FIGHTS!!!!!......

OR ELSE I WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO WRITE ABOUT HOW THE PAST GREATS AND DLH HAVE ALWAYS PURSUED THE TOP GUYS IN THIER DIVISIONS NOW DIDN'T I

MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND BEFORE OPENING YOUR MOUTH AND MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF.....

BUT LIKE MAYWEATHER DUCKING THE MOST DANGEROUS OPP AND GETTING THE EASIER WIN...ITS EASIER FOR YOU JUST TO MAKE AN IDIOT OF YOURSELF BY NOT READING CORRECTLY....
    "He has proven time and again that he will go out of his way to fight the most dangerous opponent out there..." how the fuck does that mean he avoids them?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When has he proven such a thing??

"He has proven time and again that he will go out of his way to fight the most dangerous opponent out there..." how the F*** does that mean he avoids them?!?!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Daxx, you seem to be putting your posts within quotes here!

To be fair Daxx did originally say that Floyd takes on all the dangerous fights but then made arguments to the contrary. This indicates a typo and that Daxx believes Floyd to be avoiding dangerous fights as his arguments do indeed say with reference to history and past great fighters.

Preme should perhaps have analysed Daxx's arguments in a little more detail and Daxx himself should have reread his own original posting before calling Preme a fool....

A silly mix up solved and CC's to the both of you!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC back fella,

Did try reading it, but u know how it is, pissed up and reading something with more twists than the da vinci code just makes your head spin don't it

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC back fella,

Did try reading it, but u know how it is, pissed up and reading something with more twists than the da vinci code just makes your head spin don't it
    Been there, believe me!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    I may be the only guy that likes Mayweather, he has fought good fighters throughout his career...how are you crazy fools challenging his opposition? Tony Pep, Genaro Hernandez, Angel Manfredy, Diego Corrales, Jesus Chavez, JLC twice,Gatti, Mitchell, Judah , and Baldomir, all of these guys are great fighters. He wanted the Mosely fight, didnt happen because Mosely. People dont like his style of boxing , because they always want to see the knockouts...I personally like the technical boxers over the brawler/slugger types. This is BOXING not toughman competitions, no one out there today can box better than Mayweather. Im just giving him his overdue props...because I know noone else wants to.If he wants to be considered all time p4p he has to put a few more notches on his belt...i.e. Mosely and Hatton. Then we can start to talk about him as p4p best all time.

No you right this is Boxing and not a toughman contest.....That is why at times you have to FIGHT!!!!! Not just box!!!!.....If you are worried about getting hit nad are not willing to go toe to toe when needed to be then guess what You Are In The Wrong Sport!!!!

There is not a single P4P of all time that has not gone toe to toe at least once in their career willingly....But I guess Floyd is different right...

I've got to disagree with you here Daxxkahn. I've watched Floyd's entire career and he absolutely has never ducked anybody through fear. He wants the BIGGEST and BEST fights but from a PPV and FINANCIAL point of view as.

When he was at superfeatherweight he kept calling out Naseem Hamed who wanted nothing to do with and even before his fight with Victoriano Sosa he was saying he wanted De La Hoya, (Floyd was a lightweight then).

This prompted a discussion during the Sosa fight between Lampley and Merchant in which Merchant basically said that the fight wouldn't ever happen and that if it did Floyd would have about as much chance against De La Hoya as the current flyweight champ would have against him!

Plus if you watch his defining fights he never ducks anybody or backs down from a fight.

He beat the well respected Genera Hernadez to win his first world title in his 17th fight as a pro, completely dominating and outgunning him.

When he fought Jesus Chavez, Chavez just tore at him, throwing over 100 punches a round and just tried to batter Floyd, the result a knackered Chavez quit on his stool in the 10 th round.

He was injured when he first fought Castillo, won a controversial fight and rematched the guy beating him easily second time round.

When he fought Philip N'Dou, Ndou had a fearsome reputation as a puncher with 30 KO's in 31 fights. Floyd decided to go toe to toe with him and knocked him out.

Then when he moved up to fight Corely, in his first fight at light welter Corely said he would be too strong for Floyd. Floyd again when toe to toe with Corely trading shots, even getting caught with a monster punch in the 4th. But he never backed down, and totally dominated Corely coming back and knocking Corely down in the same round although for some reason the ref judged it a slip.

At this time Gatti and Mitchell were considered more dangerous, Emmanuel Steward saying after his fight with Brusseles that he fought Sharmba Mitchell would be a 50/50 fight because he had the speed, and skills of Floyd and more power. Yes it sounds silly now but we have the luxery of time to reflect back!

My point is that Floyd hasn't ever ducked fighters he's wanted to go after the biggest names that represent the most cash for him. Thats why he wanted Arturo Gatti, thats why he wanted Judah, big selling fights.

Now he's finally got De La Hoya after calling him out for 5 years. Oscar is a bigger challenge than anybody else that Floyd could have fought. He's going up to 154 lb and his first ever fight there is against a Hall of Famer and one of the p4p greats of the last 15 years.

I'm sure that after this fight he will want Mosely another Hall of Famer and why not? Cotto or Margarito or Hatton arn't Hall of Fame bound yet. They may get there but they've not already achieved greatness.

Mayweather has positioned himself now so that he's ready for the big defining fights. You say he hasn't fought anyone but his career isn't over yet. Hagler didn't get a big fight until he was past 30, I reckon Floyd will fight Oscar at least once, Mosely and Cotto for certain before he retires.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually want Floyd to win this fight. He is fighting at 154 which is perhaps as far as he can go in weight, and I want to see his skills and savvy overcome the size and power of DLH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    I may be the only guy that likes Mayweather, he has fought good fighters throughout his career...how are you crazy fools challenging his opposition? Tony Pep, Genaro Hernandez, Angel Manfredy, Diego Corrales, Jesus Chavez, JLC twice,Gatti, Mitchell, Judah , and Baldomir, all of these guys are great fighters. He wanted the Mosely fight, didnt happen because Mosely. People dont like his style of boxing , because they always want to see the knockouts...I personally like the technical boxers over the brawler/slugger types. This is BOXING not toughman competitions, no one out there today can box better than Mayweather. Im just giving him his overdue props...because I know noone else wants to.If he wants to be considered all time p4p he has to put a few more notches on his belt...i.e. Mosely and Hatton. Then we can start to talk about him as p4p best all time.

No you right this is Boxing and not a toughman contest.....That is why at times you have to FIGHT!!!!! Not just box!!!!.....If you are worried about getting hit nad are not willing to go toe to toe when needed to be then guess what You Are In The Wrong Sport!!!!

There is not a single P4P of all time that has not gone toe to toe at least once in their career willingly....But I guess Floyd is different right...

I've got to disagree with you here Daxxkahn. I've watched Floyd's entire career and he absolutely has never ducked anybody through fear. He wants the BIGGEST and BEST fights but from a PPV and FINANCIAL point of view as.

When he was at superfeatherweight he kept calling out Naseem Hamed who wanted nothing to do with and even before his fight with Victoriano Sosa he was saying he wanted De La Hoya, (Floyd was a lightweight then).

This prompted a discussion during the Sosa fight between Lampley and Merchant in which Merchant basically said that the fight wouldn't ever happen and that if it did Floyd would have about as much chance against De La Hoya as the current flyweight champ would have against him!

Plus if you watch his defining fights he never ducks anybody or backs down from a fight.

He beat the well respected Genera Hernadez to win his first world title in his 17th fight as a pro, completely dominating and outgunning him.

When he fought Jesus Chavez, Chavez just tore at him, throwing over 100 punches a round and just tried to batter Floyd, the result a knackered Chavez quit on his stool in the 10 th round.

He was injured when he first fought Castillo, won a controversial fight and rematched the guy beating him easily second time round.

When he fought Philip N'Dou, Ndou had a fearsome reputation as a puncher with 30 KO's in 31 fights. Floyd decided to go toe to toe with him and knocked him out.

Then when he moved up to fight Corely, in his first fight at light welter Corely said he would be too strong for Floyd. Floyd again when toe to toe with Corely trading shots, even getting caught with a monster punch in the 4th. But he never backed down, and totally dominated Corely coming back and knocking Corely down in the same round although for some reason the ref judged it a slip.

At this time Gatti and Mitchell were considered more dangerous, Emmanuel Steward saying after his fight with Brusseles that he fought Sharmba Mitchell would be a 50/50 fight because he had the speed, and skills of Floyd and more power. Yes it sounds silly now but we have the luxery of time to reflect back!

My point is that Floyd hasn't ever ducked fighters he's wanted to go after the biggest names that represent the most cash for him. Thats why he wanted Arturo Gatti, thats why he wanted Judah, big selling fights.

Now he's finally got De La Hoya after calling him out for 5 years. Oscar is a bigger challenge than anybody else that Floyd could have fought. He's going up to 154 lb and his first ever fight there is against a Hall of Famer and one of the p4p greats of the last 15 years.

I'm sure that after this fight he will want Mosely another Hall of Famer and why not? Cotto or Margarito or Hatton arn't Hall of Fame bound yet. They may get there but they've not already achieved greatness.

Mayweather has positioned himself now so that he's ready for the big defining fights. You say he hasn't fought anyone but his career isn't over yet. Hagler didn't get a big fight until he was past 30, I reckon Floyd will fight Oscar at least once, Mosely and Cotto for certain before he retires.
    cc One of the best Floyd posts I've read yet
    I don't know where all these "Floyd just runs from his opponents!" arguments come from.Especially in a lot of his recent fights, Floyd has been doing more and more standing and inside fighting. Anyone's who has seen his career knows he doesn't run. It makes sense for him to be a runner with his speed and defense, but he doesn't do it. He DOES go toe to toe.
    If his detractors are saying he should go toe to toe ie. completely without guard, why would he do that? Just because he isn't getting hit doesn't mean he isn't standing and fighting

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC, Bilbo for a very interesting posting!

This is probably the gay response you were expecting on the secret board!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing about Mayweather is that everyone is blinded by his trash talking Im the best attitude. Is he really like that or is it a marketing tool? Muhammed Ali was disliked by many for the same thing, he was a little more playful in his taunting, but that was still harsh for his era. I think "Pretty Boy" is probably just playing the part of villian because that sells tickets. You will pay big bucks to see the big mouth get shut. Anyway you cant judge a boxer on his personality, if you were as overlooked as Floyd by the fans you might get a little pissed off too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=DaxxKahn ]
    [quote=Preme ]

You think hatton and Cotto were more of a danger to mayweather than gatti was

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Daxx, you seem to be putting your posts within quotes here!

To be fair Daxx did originally say that Floyd takes on all the dangerous fights but then made arguments to the contrary. This indicates a typo and that Daxx believes Floyd to be avoiding dangerous fights as his arguments do indeed say with reference to history and past great fighters.

Preme should perhaps have analysed Daxx's arguments in a little more detail and Daxx himself should have reread his own original posting before calling Preme a fool....

A silly mix up solved and CC's to the both of you!

CC to you but either way I still thin PBF is an ass.....and hopes he gets his kicked

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    CC, Bilbo for a very interesting posting!

This is probably the gay response you were expecting on the secret board!!
    returned buddy I can't stay mad at you for long cos your too damn nice. (now that sounded gay :P)

You're like Ned Flanders, at least you don't go 'Okaly dokealy' though......please don't ever do that

Thread Information