Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you actually WANT Mayweather to beat ODLH?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How many of you actually WANT Mayweather to beat ODLH?

Hi Guys

I was just wondering, predictions aside, how many of you actually want Mayweather to beat ODLH?

Personally, I'm praying Mayweather finally gets some humility beaten in to him. Granted, he's one of the most talented fighters of his generation, but frankly I just can't stand the guy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How many of you actually WANT Mayweather to beat ODLH?

I like both fighters alot but i lean towards Mayweather as the one i want to win and if he wins i would like him to fight Mosely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: OLDH How many of you actually WANT Mayweather to beat ODLH?

I want Floyd to win.
    The first thing I'd judge a fighter by is their actions in the ring. And in that regard, Floyd's my favorite fighter out there.

In the short term, I think it'd be good for the sport if Oscar wins.
    But the thing is, Oscar's already a star out there. He could beat Floyd, he could beat a plumber, he's always gonna be a star. He's always gonna be a major draw.
    When If Floyd wins, he's gonna get major attention for the win and increase his drawing power. And in the long term, I think it's a lot better for the sport to have big star attractions.
    Win or lose, Oscar is cemented. But Floyd could easily fall into a heavy decline with a loss if he handles it poorly.

If Oscar loses and comes back to fight again, people will still come in droves to watch it.
    I don't know if I can say the same for Floyd since so many people tune in to a Floyd fight to see him get his block knocked off. And if it happens, the luster of his invincible persona is tarnished.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I may be the only guy that likes Mayweather, he has fought good fighters throughout his career...how are you crazy fools challenging his opposition? Tony Pep, Genaro Hernandez, Angel Manfredy, Diego Corrales, Jesus Chavez, JLC twice,Gatti, Mitchell, Judah , and Baldomir, all of these guys are great fighters. He wanted the Mosely fight, didnt happen because Mosely. People dont like his style of boxing , because they always want to see the knockouts...I personally like the technical boxers over the brawler/slugger types. This is BOXING not toughman competitions, no one out there today can box better than Mayweather. Im just giving him his overdue props...because I know noone else wants to.If he wants to be considered all time p4p he has to put a few more notches on his belt...i.e. Mosely and Hatton. Then we can start to talk about him as p4p best all time.

El Kabong Guest

I want Floyd to be massacred

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is one of my top 5 favorites.

He accompanies that list with Hopkins, Oscar, Cotto, & Wright.

It's a tuff call for me to solidify my prediction based on the variables of both men...but I can honestly say that I want Floyd to pull it out because no matter what he says...he won't stay retired...he'll fight on.

That's good for the game...I doubt that Oscar will.

Why don't you modify this & stick a poll in to go along with the thread?
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar has already said that even if he loses,he will carry on. Can anyone say rematch?? I honestly want Oscar to win but not just for the same reason as everyone else(Ie to shut Floyd up) but also because even though I'm not Pscar's biggest fan,in fact I was not even a fan until a few weeks ago but upon obtaining the guys entire career on DVD,you can do nothing but respect him for what he has done for boxing! I mean he fights alot of top guys yet that one big win has eluded him.

And I will bet anyone on this forum that there will be a rematch with Floyd!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm, good question.

I just wanna see a good fight. Right now its hard to say... In a sick way, for me its all about survival of the fittest.

If Oscar is looking old, id be happy for Floyd to capitalise.
    But if Floyds in no mood to really fight then i hope Oscar can KHO.

I think Oscar will KHO btw.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want PBF to win. Nobody works harder than him. He has every right blow off half of his opponents because he is so much physically superior to them, but he never does. He invests more into the sport than anyone else, and that means much more to me than a person's attitude. Despite how he acts, how he works out he respects every opponent he faces.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I want PBF to win. Nobody works harder than him. He has every right blow off half of his opponents because he is so much physically superior to them, but he never does. He invests more into the sport than anyone else, and that means much more to me than a person's attitude. Despite how he acts, how he works out he respects every opponent he faces.
    I agree to a degree. Although I would not say he is intellectually blessed,when it comes to boxing,his training and willingness to put his body through intense training,and as much as it pains me to say it,you are ABSOLUTELY correct.Floyd is in shape allllll year,fight or not and uses his brain,analyses opponents(apart from JLC the first time).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Mayweather is one of my top 5 favorites.

He accompanies that list with Hopkins, Oscar, Cotto, & Wright.

It's a tuff call for me to solidify my prediction based on the variables of both men...but I can honestly say that I want Floyd to pull it out because no matter what he says...he won't stay retired...he'll fight on.

That's good for the game...I doubt that Oscar will.

Why don't you modify this & stick a poll in to go along with the thread?
    Sounds like a good idea... How do I do this? Sorry not very experienced at posting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm tired of all these people saying how they don't like PBf,its so phoney and stupid its like you are trying to say something that you think will make you seem cool or are joining some sort of club. Some of you idiots really like him but are afraid to say it.

And whats with the "I really dont like him but...."comments .why do you have to preface with that ? Whats wrong with saying hes the best fighter out there or hes talented or whatever and leave off you personal bias.

If you dont like PBF or DLH it does not matter and I assure you neither are losing a milli-second of sleep because of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I agree to a degree. Although I would not say he is intellectually blessed,when it comes to boxing,his training and willingness to put his body through intense training,and as much as it pains me to say it,you are ABSOLUTELY correct.Floyd is in shape allllll year,fight or not and uses his brain,analyses opponents(apart from JLC the first time).
    He was injured comming into the fight, and then hurt his shoulder in the fihgt... THe first 3 rounds JLC couldn't do anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love nothing more than to see him taking a beating for every second of every round and get smashed out in something like round 5 or 6, seem hi go back to his corener in between rounds looking lost, bloody confused untill the finaly spark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is a guy who has all the skills to be great and has given some great performances but.....

He has proven time and again that he will go out of his way to fight the most dangerous opponent out there...Not saying he doesn't have the ability to beat them but goes out of his way to avoid them...DLH will be the best fighter he has ever faced and if not for the crazy amount of money he is being paid I don't think he would fight him....Matweather like to compare himself to the legendary P4P fighters but he has yet to face the level of comp any of them have....Or attemp to fight no one but the best....EG at 140 he sought out the weakest of the champions and I am sorry he did not fight the first champion available...Any of them and their sanctioning body would have cleared a spot for him just for a pay day alone....

Ali fought Frazier, Foreman, Liston, Patterson, Norton and sought them all out

Leonard fought Hearns, Hagler, Duran, Benitez and sought them out

Robinson fought everyone!!!...Same for Joe Louis

Oscar DLH has always sought out the best even if he lost he sought them out

Roy Jones had limited comp in his division but still had some great fights and made it a point to fight at HW to prove something

Hearns fought Leonard, Cuevas, Hagler, Leonard

Baldomir,,Corrales,,Gatti,,Judah and Hernandez are not qualified to make PBF a man in the league of those men I mentioned...

Like I said it's not that Floyd doesn't have the skills it is just he rather go for the gain at the least expense then try to fool us into thinking he has done otherwise...

Leonard,,Hearns,,Duran,,Arguello,,Pryor,,Robinson all would have given Floyd a beating...PBF would have held his own and even won a portion of the fight against any of them but come gut check time these legends would have showed him what P4P greatness was all about...I don't care who agrees

And untill Floyd shows that he has the internal heart to go at it like these men did time and again I will not change my mind

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    I may be the only guy that likes Mayweather, he has fought good fighters throughout his career...how are you crazy fools challenging his opposition? Tony Pep, Genaro Hernandez, Angel Manfredy, Diego Corrales, Jesus Chavez, JLC twice,Gatti, Mitchell, Judah , and Baldomir, all of these guys are great fighters. He wanted the Mosely fight, didnt happen because Mosely. People dont like his style of boxing , because they always want to see the knockouts...I personally like the technical boxers over the brawler/slugger types. This is BOXING not toughman competitions, no one out there today can box better than Mayweather. Im just giving him his overdue props...because I know noone else wants to.If he wants to be considered all time p4p he has to put a few more notches on his belt...i.e. Mosely and Hatton. Then we can start to talk about him as p4p best all time.

No you right this is Boxing and not a toughman contest.....That is why at times you have to FIGHT!!!!! Not just box!!!!.....If you are worried about getting hit nad are not willing to go toe to toe when needed to be then guess what You Are In The Wrong Sport!!!!

There is not a single P4P of all time that has not gone toe to toe at least once in their career willingly....But I guess Floyd is different right...

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information