Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Uh oh, Floyd slipped up!!!

Oscar is and ATG if for no other reason than who he fought,and what he's done for boxing. He's giving it back to the fighters and fans, all the while lining his own pockets with a nice chunk of change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    I don't know man, Roach and DLH sounds like a great combination to beat someone like Floyd. He's favourite yes, and I think he could win, but I can see Floyd losing.
    Floyd could lose, but its doubtful. Oscar is inactive. He was inactive before Mayorga too. Floyd is no Mayorga. This should be a text book performance from Floyd as Oscar reaches into retirement and continued promoter glory
    Roach is not that great. I do not think any trainer really makes that much of a difference. Freddy Roach is good but there are alot of guys who are just as good. It is like alot of things, great trainers come and go and they are talked up and then they dissapear. Remember how people thought Georgie Benton was good? Roach is a good trainer but his advice will not change much. I know alot of people mention Angelo Dundee and Leonard in the Hearns fight, but that had more to do with Hearns wearing out then with Ray coming on. Ray came on when he hurt Tommy, but before that in round 13 he was aggressive but not exactly throwing alot. He caught an exhausted young Tommy Hearns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LegendBoxing65
    Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    I don't know man, Roach and DLH sounds like a great combination to beat someone like Floyd. He's favourite yes, and I think he could win, but I can see Floyd losing.
    Floyd could lose, but its doubtful. Oscar is inactive. He was inactive before Mayorga too. Floyd is no Mayorga. This should be a text book performance from Floyd as Oscar reaches into retirement and continued promoter glory
    Roach is not that great. I do not think any trainer really makes that much of a difference. Freddy Roach is good but there are alot of guys who are just as good. It is like alot of things, great trainers come and go and they are talked up and then they dissapear. Remember how people thought Georgie Benton was good? Roach is a good trainer but his advice will not change much. I know alot of people mention Angelo Dundee and Leonard in the Hearns fight, but that had more to do with Hearns wearing out then with Ray coming on. Ray came on when he hurt Tommy, but before that in round 13 he was aggressive but not exactly throwing alot. He caught an exhausted young Tommy Hearns.
    for a boxer the trainer is the most important person he will ever have in his life . , a fighter is only as good as the people he has around him , make no mistake !

Thread Information