Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Thoughts on Joe C.

The more posts I read both for and against this guy, and the more I look into his record and the people that were around for him to fight, the more I realize that the guy never had anybody to fight. RJJ and Toney had already moved on before Joe as a serious champion then there wasnt anybody left that would have been considered a NAME for him to fight. From what I have seen of his fights Joe is a good champion but we will never know how great he could have been since he didnt have the greatest opposition to go against.

I feel that a better claim could be made about his opposition if he had moved up to lightheavy as there was/is better quality opposition there as opposed to the current and past SMW division.

I know I have been aske to name a NAME that Joe should have fought but didnt, and I cant. The only names there was were names outside of his division. So I put the test to all of the knowledgeable posters out there in Saddo land to come up with the name(s) that Joe should have fought. Name somebody that IF Joe would have fought them, would have the boxing world thinking differently about Joe.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thoughts on Joe C.

The only good names out of 19 defences are as i have said before a weight drained Eubank at a weeks notice an unlucky Robin Reid SD12,an old Charles Brewer,Omar Sheika,Byron Mitchell and Jeff lacey.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    The more posts I read both for and against this guy, and the more I look into his record and the people that were around for him to fight, the more I realize that the guy never had anybody to fight. RJJ and Toney had already moved on before Joe as a serious champion then there wasnt anybody left that would have been considered a NAME for him to fight. From what I have seen of his fights Joe is a good champion but we will never know how great he could have been since he didnt have the greatest opposition to go against.

I feel that a better claim could be made about his opposition if he had moved up to lightheavy as there was/is better quality opposition there as opposed to the current and past SMW division.

I know I have been aske to name a NAME that Joe should have fought but didnt, and I cant. The only names there was were names outside of his division. So I put the test to all of the knowledgeable posters out there in Saddo land to come up with the name(s) that Joe should have fought. Name somebody that IF Joe would have fought them, would have the boxing world thinking differently about Joe.

Vinny Pazienza
    Eric Lucas
    Thulani Malinga
    Herol Graham could of fought him after he won title off eubank maybe im going bit far but would of been good name on his record

Markus Beyer
    Thomas Tate
    Mads Larsen
    Anthony Mundine
    Glen Johnson
    Antwun Echols he beat two of calzaghes opponents salem and brewer also went 12 rounds with hopkins wouldnt of been bad name on his record instead of other crap like pudwill ect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He could of fought fighters like Antwun Echols,Eric Lucas,Vinny Pazienza,Frankie Liles,Herol Graham,Thomas Tate,Sugarboy Malinga,Markus Beyer just some names that could have helped pack his record out.

I forgot to mention he did fight and beat Richie Woodhall he was a good fighter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc for the responses...but IF Joe had fought any of them would that change the fact that everybody keeps calling out his quality of opposition? If not those already mentioned then who?
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    cc for the responses...but IF Joe had fought any of them would that change the fact that everybody keeps calling out his quality of opposition? If not those already mentioned then who?
    cc yea would still be doubters but if he would of beat few names i listed instead of pudwill and other junk that champion like joe is too good for then joe would be more respected champion but hopefully after manfredo fight he can get big fights but we will see i would hate for joe to be listed as what if ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tybuff cc back mate only other thing i could see been good for him now is to move up to lightheavy and clear up or the winner of Green v Miranda, Calzaghe v Miranda would be great with his wild power puches and he is a worthy opponent both are really.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its inevitable that he will be labelled a what if. What more can he hope to get from the sport? An old (but still good) Hopkins, the shadow that Roy Jones Jr leaves behind, a hard working but limited Clinton Woods?

I cant see how Calzaghe propels himself to the next level.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    Tybuff cc back mate only other thing i could see been good for him now is to move up to lightheavy and clear up or the winner of Green v Miranda, Calzaghe v Miranda would be great with his wild power puches and he is a worthy opponent both are really.
    they were talking for ages of joe moving up but never did what joe has to realize is that underfeated records dont make you best if he would of fought best but would of had like 2 losses people would respect him alot more because even though he lost to the best atleast he fought them and had balls joe should of moved up ages ago after salem fight they were on about moving up but never did what a waste of talent joe is going to be

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    I think its inevitable that he will be labelled a what if. What more can he hope to get from the sport? An old (but still good) Hopkins, the shadow that Roy Jones Jr leaves behind, a hard working but limited Clinton Woods?

jermain taylor
    bernard hopkins
    clinton woods
    glen johnson
    roy jones
    carl froch
    mikkel kessler

pick any of these 3 for calzaghes next 3 fights and i can a sure you calzaghe will get about 10 times more respect even though hopkins is old he still very good he had good win over tarver and if he beats winky and then calzaghe beats hopkins calzaghe will get alot of respect and i think that would stop most of doubters even though hopkins is old you and i know he is sort of guy that peaked late in his age

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The more i think about it the more i think if he beats Green, Miranda Vs Calzaghe would be great that or Kessler but Miranda could be the man to beat him.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

jermain taylor
    bernard hopkins
    clinton woods
    glen johnson
    roy jones
    carl froch
    mikkel kessler

pick any of these 3 for calzaghes next 3 fights and i can a sure you calzaghe will get about 10 times more respect even though hopkins is old he still very good he had good win over tarver and if he beats winky and then calzaghe beats hopkins calzaghe will get alot of respect and i think that would stop most of doubters even though hopkins is old you and i know he is sort of guy that peaked late in his age
    I dont doubt there are names available. Joe just wont have enough time to get in enough of them to turn the tide IMO. He should have already had a number of these fights, not be frantically trying to secure then in the twighlight of his career.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

ICB Guest

jermain taylor
    bernard hopkins
    clinton woods
    glen johnson
    roy jones
    carl froch
    mikkel kessler

I dont doubt there are names available. Joe just wont have enough time to get in enough of them to turn the tide IMO. He should have already had a number of these fights, not be frantically trying to secure then in the twighlight of his career.
    agreed 100 percent i think joe should of got rid of f w ages ago

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jermain taylor
    bernard hopkins
    clinton woods
    glen johnson
    roy jones
    carl froch
    mikkel kessler

i think even after the hopkins disaster, tarver would do more for joe's resume than would carl froch. but either would be more worthy than manfredo. if he stays at SMW he really needs to fight kessler next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jermain taylor
    bernard hopkins
    clinton woods
    glen johnson
    roy jones
    carl froch
    mikkel kessler

Thread Information