Default what next for danny williams ??

which opponent should he take next ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what next for danny williams ??

Retirement sounds like a smart idea, he put on a good performance to win the British title again but he knows he doesnt have too much left. Better to leave now than after a loss.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beerjelly
    Retirement sounds like a smart idea, he put on a good performance to win the British title again but he knows he doesnt have too much left. Better to leave now than after a loss.
    I agree that for Danny to go out after this fight would let him go out as a champion, and fair play to him he has been in a lot of wars over the years, and at the peak of British boxing for a good while, so it would be a fitting end to his career. He may feel he has unfinished business with Audley or Skelton though, but I reckon if he had to go for one of those two, it would be Audley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel he should retire but can't help wondering after lastnight in that condition and if he added a good trainer what could he do

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah for a guy who trained himself , he didnt do bad did he

I must admit , I saw the 1st couple of rounds and then had to go out and based on what I saw I thought it was the same old Danny and i'd probably walk into the 1st bar and see Gammer doing an interview as champ . I watched the rest of the fight when I got back and was pleasantly surprised that Danny turned back the clock . Duno where he goes from here though cuz that performance hasnt restored faith in him . Maybe a decider with Audley is on the cards

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he should retire too...but he wont, thats for sure.

How much better was this performance compared with his last few fights? Not really a big enough improvement to suggest he'll be in anything other than 50/50 (at best) plodathons with the same foes...Gammer starts underdog and loses to all the usual suspects at the top of Brit heavyweight boxing.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    I think he should retire too...but he wont, thats for sure.

How much better was this performance compared with his last few fights? Not really a big enough improvement to suggest he'll be in anything other than 50/50 (at best) plodathons with the same foes...Gammer starts underdog and loses to all the usual suspects at the top of Brit heavyweight boxing.
    Yup, perhaps we should join together to write him a letter expressing our opinions and hope that he retires as the British champion as a final hurrah to an eventful, if not always glittering career.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Danny Williams deserves a lot of respect for what he has done. He suffered 2 bad defeats in a row and instead of taking a gimme against a no hoper (which there is plenty of on the heavyweight scene), he took on the British Champ in his hometown and KO'd him. I feel that seen as tho he isn't going to get another crack at a world title, he should probably call it a day. Go out on top like so few fighters seem to do.

Thing is last night he looked pretty good. He took a few rounds off and let Gammer hit him too much but he said he knew what he was doing and he wanted to tire Gammer out. He still looked fresh late on which is a good sign that he wasn't drained too much and the new weight seemed to suit him. His chin looked pretty good so there was a lot of positives. Maybe if he could get a shot at Shannon Briggs or Oleg Maskaev. Not Valuev or Wlad though.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Thread Information