Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merchant May As Well Have "Baby Batter or Man Goo" Dripping From His Chin

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Merchant May As Well Have Semen Dripping From His Chin

It's not like the arguments are senseless.

I think the best was when he got into an interview with Merchant during what I think was the Vargas - Mosley II fight? Neither of them spoke for an entire minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3000
    Actually, you should be able to see that if one guy is getting into arguments with every damn person who sits beside him, the problem is most likely with that one guy
    That would be true if he was arguing with everyone all the time.
    How long have Lampley and Merchant been working together? 20 years? I can't remember more than a few arguments between them. 7 or 8 big arguments over 20 years. Once every couple years. I don't think that's a problem.
    He got in a few big arguments with Jones, but Jones was doing fights for at least 7 or 8 years. Again, like with Lampley, only an argument every once in a while.

I don't see the problem with this. If he were never getting in arguments with anyone, then that would be a problem, because that would mean he's not doing his job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a fair point.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Merchant May As Well Have "Baby Batter or Man Goo" Dripping From His Chin

cum to 'baby batter or man goo' = greatest edit ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Merchant May As Well Have "Baby Batter or Man Goo" Dripping From His Chin

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    Merchant's got previous for this type of behaviour

[youtube=425,350]1vRj3jq31dA[/youtube]
    Merchant came quite correctly and closed his eyes and said "oh yeah" in mid video

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Larry Merchant is very entertaining and he really makes the fights for me. I enjoy fights much less without his being there. Larry Merchant completes me and all my friends love him too. Most of the time we are making fun of him, but he is awesome and a good guy.

Biased sometimes, but who the hell isn't? Come on guys cut Larry some slack.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    I disagree. The reason Merchant got into arguments with Lennox or Foreman is because neither of them was a good announcer. Lennox brings nothing to the table. And don't even get me started on Foreman. If you asked me to list the 10 dumbest things I've ever heard a sports commentator say, I bet 6 or 7 of them would be Foreman quotes.

I thought Roy Jones was pretty good as an announcer. And Merchant and Jones had their arguments, but that goes with the territory, Merchant has had arguments with Lampley too. If someone says something he thinks is inaccurate, he's paid to question it.
    Totally and utterly agree. CC. I dont understand,Merchant is criticised for being too harsh and now,he's a nuthugger? The guy has been a boxing fan longer than most of have been alive. He knows his shit.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    Larry Merchant is very entertaining and he really makes the fights for me. I enjoy fights much less without his being there. Larry Merchant completes me and all my friends love him too. Most of the time we are making fun of him, but he is awesome and a good guy.

Biased sometimes, but who the hell isn't? Come on guys cut Larry some slack.
    EXACTLY!! Name a commentator who has never shown favouritism?! Granted Merchant makes a few mistakes nowadays and sometimes,he goes so quite,you wonder if he is still there but nonetheless,he's very entertaning and brings something to HBO. When he was younger,he used to be awesome! Great commentator imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my friends isn't the point of a commentater to be entertaining?? and good old larry entertains

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His bias is very easy to see.If you are a hater then u should hate on everyone but I can see he LOVES certain types of fighters.He is too predictable on who he doesn't like. Certain fighters he loves to chat with,lets them run there fingers through his hair after the fight and some he wants to grill even if it was a great performance. He needs to be more cleaver with his bias attitude.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will be a sad day in boxing when Lary retires IMO - always look forward to his post fight interviews.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's the thing about Merchant...you gotta hate him to love him.

He's arrogant as fwock...but he's got a right to be. He's been involved in sports of some kind or the other long before we were crappin in our pants.

Merchant's the goods...no doubt & while he can grate on one's nerves...he also does a better job than chumps such as Atlas, Tessitore, or those boobs on ShowTime.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have neve been a great fan of Merchant, but I will say this. Given Lampley's recent weirdness, particularly in Puerto Rico, Merchant is looking better all the time. At least he doesn't slam open scoring 989 times. What I hate. however, is when they try to give him a macho dimension. The squirt is only 130 pounds. He is dimuntive. Macho indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Larry is the sh*t! i love him and like it was posted b4 i also can't wait for his "drunk like" last thought. you gotta love the guy!
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reading some of his quotes oveer the years i wasn't his biggest fan

but after watching alot of telecasts on youtube.com i realise he is a very good announcer , i don't always aggree with him but he alsways gives you good for thought !

I love to see him wind up Floyd Mayweather and so completly expose what an arrogant prat Mayweather is .

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Occasionally Merchant says/does the right thing and he is bold, but for the most part I can't stand the arrogant bias SOB. He LOVES Wladimir Klitschko for his body and HATES B-hop. He's pretty much a spoiled brat, he does not appreciate that he has one of the best jobs on the face of the planet.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information