*Vid. embeded.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: See how Mayweather Developed The Shoulder Roll

Damn! after watching that vid. maybe ODLH should have hired SRL instead of Roach to train him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Leonard had problems despite what that video shows against Mayweather Sr. who wasn't all that good at all, and would have been much better with a better chin, but his son is much faster, much stronger, and is a smarter fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Leonard had problems despite what that video shows against Mayweather Sr. who wasn't all that good at all, and would have been much better with a better chin, but his son is much faster, much stronger, and is a smarter fighter.
    my dad has always said that roger was better floyd sr and that PBF is better than both of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard Floyd Snr. was really good until he got shot in the leg, but before that he was cleaning up the gyms of Mechigan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for the vid it's always nice to see SRL. always wished i was around for his era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    my dad has always said that roger was better floyd sr and that PBF is better than both of them.
    Ya Roger did have a better career than Floyd, Sr.
    Roger had chin problems as well, but he was a different type of fighter than either Floyd Sr. or Floyd Jr.
    Roger was a puncher, not a defense/finesse fighter. He had a really good straight right hand. In fact, Roger knocked Pernell Whitaker down with a flush right hand in their fight. He's the only person other than Tito who ever really hurt Whitaker with a punch.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Roger had chin problems as well, but he was a different type of fighter than either Floyd Sr. or Floyd Jr.
    Roger was a puncher, not a defense/finesse fighter. He had a really good straight right hand. In fact, Roger knocked Pernell Whitaker down with a flush right hand in their fight. He's the only person other than Tito who ever really hurt Whitaker with a punch.
    No doubt Roger had a couple of 2nd and 2rd winds in his career....
    For some reason when I think of Roger the 1st thing that pops into my mind is that right hand that Lockridge landed on him, that was brutal.....

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah.... but honestly, Whittaker was clowning him at that point, and there was some hostility towards one another going in to the fight. I think pernell was just overconfident at that point, it was his first big fight, after all..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty brutal fight!

Thats cricket

ICB Guest

i think he got annoyed that whitaker pulled his shorts down

Thread Information