Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Duva makes a point for Sam Peter(lets see the Vitali fans defend this)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Duva makes a point for Sam Peter(lets see the Vitali fans defend this)

DUVA MAKES A SOLID POINT

"Press Release: “One organization forced a true champion to fight a bum mandatory, and on the other side another organization is preventing their true mandatory from fighting the champion.” Dino Duva. Still embroiled in prolonged negotiations for his fighter Samuel Peter’s twice-earned shot at the WBC heavyweight champion Oleg Maskaev, Peter's promoter Dino Duva says Saturday was a good indication of the problems with today’s heavyweight division. “What’s going on right now in the heavyweight division is exactly what’s wrong with it. Saturday, you had a mandatory where the IBF forced Wladimir Klitschko to fight Ray Austin, who by the way didn’t win his last fight, and he turned out to be a dog,” said Duva of Klitschko’s two-round demolition. “And on the other side, you have the WBC trying to prevent a deserving mandatory challenger like Sam Peter from getting his title fight. This is what’s wrong with boxing."

The rest of the article is here www.saddoboxing.com

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Duva makes a point for Sam Peter(lets see the Vitali fans defend this)

I don't think that's a very strong argument. I mean, he's arguing against mandatories and for them at the same time? And if he was Austin's promoter he wouldn't be singing this song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Duva makes a point for Sam Peter(lets see the Vitali fans defend this)

No hes arguein that ibragimov - austin was the eliminator..

Ended in a draw so they both get title shots.. And austin got the one that he was fighting for but didnt win the fight ..But the deserving mandatory cant get his shot
    Immortal Technique

El Kabong Guest

Well by that rational Maskaev should have fought Wlad in a unification bout!

Also as a fan of The Klitschko's I think Sam Peter deserves his title shot and he deserves it first. I can see where Vitali is coming from but Sam won the bout he was supposed to win and if the tables were turned I would be upset too. Also considering the time off that Vitali has had he needs a warm up fight....and I think he should fight Hasim Rahman just because as a gentleman Hasim treated Vitali very respectibly

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Well by that rational Maskaev should have fought Wlad in a unification bout!

Also as a fan of The Klitschko's I think Sam Peter deserves his title shot and he deserves it first. I can see where Vitali is coming from but Sam won the bout he was supposed to win and if the tables were turned I would be upset too. Also considering the time off that Vitali has had he needs a warm up fight....and I think he should fight Hasim Rahman just because as a gentleman Hasim treated Vitali very respectibly
    I agree there. IMO Hasim should fight vitali because it COULD! be probs wont boost hasim and if Vitali DESTROYS! him, it would assert himself to fight the WBC champion. Sam should fight Maskaev for sure and then that should lead to a Vitali show down. much more exciting IMO and it will prove that Vitali still has it in him if he blasts Hasim out quickly.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Duva makes a good observation if anything but as an agrument its niether here or there as Amat already pointed out.

That Emeritus tag has Vitali well covered. Seriously, Peter should fuck the WBC right off and line a fight up with either:

WBO No. 5 - Tony Thompson
    WBO No. 7 - Serguei Lyakhovich
    WBO No. 8 - Lamon Brewster
    WBO No. 9 - Vladimir Virchis
    WBO No. 10- Matt Skelton

A win against any of these men would be great plus they should line up a shot against the Brigg - Ibragimov winner.

Also, its worth noting that Vladimir Virchis and Lamon Brewster are both ranked in the top 10 by the WBC
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    I don't think that's a very strong argument. I mean, he's arguing against mandatories and for them at the same time? And if he was Austin's promoter he wouldn't be singing this song.
    If I can interpret (even if I'm completely wrong), perhaps Duva means the mistreatment of mandatories and the term "mandatory" itself. It weakens the division to have someone called a mandatory but they don't get the fight next and it further weakens the division to call someone a mandatory who hasn't exactly battled his way to the top. There needs to be a transparent means of ranking fighters that even the most passing of fans can grasp onto, but as it stands, it seems like the passing of money from one hand to another (whether true or not) seems to be the only consistency.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peter is getting soooooooooooo screwed that HIS TEAM (duva/king included) allowed him to take the 2.75 million, instead of "WINNING" it in court like duva said he would do.
    not only did he get his fee's returned to him but, a nice fat 2.75 million dollar check.

Thread Information