Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Taylor vs Mora is off. Spinks instead!??!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor vs Mora is off. Spinks instead!??!

I'm pretty certain there is someone else to fight other than Spinks. And Miranda and Pavlik are ready for Taylor and have both called him out but surprise surprise,HBO are using them to fight each other first. I'm pretty sure there is someone more suitable than Spinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Taylor's proven to be a rather...slack champ.
    Wow, can't agree with this at all. After beating Hopkins twice, Taylor could have chosen any stiff for an easy title defense. Instead he takes on the single biggest challenge he could find at 160, Winky Wright. I could care less if Winky's not a natural 160 pounder, there was no natural 160 pounder who would have provided a tougher challenge.

I was not impressed at all by Taylor's performance against Ouma from a technical standpoint, but I don't see how someone can criticize his willingness to take on tough opponents.
    No biggie.

But you look at Taylor's matches & you compare them to Hopkin's.

Taylor hasn't done shit. He lost to Hopkins in the first. Hopkins outlanded him but started late...thus the loss. Hopkins clearly lost the 2nd...applause to Taylor. He lost to Winky. No doubt.

Let's all clap for him there.

Then he goes on to fight Ouma?

Please. Now the names he's juggling are more disgraceful than those Joe Calzaghe is mulling over.

Taylor hasn't fought a true middleweight & shown an impressive performance. He runs half of the night now & he's waaaaaaaaay to unsure of himself.

I'll give him the rematch against Hopkins...but after that...he aint shit. Fan or not...I liked Taylor...but he aint done the fans right.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I'm pretty certain there is someone else to fight other than Spinks.
    Like who?

Please. Now the names he's juggling are more disgraceful than those Joe Calzaghe is mulling over.
    Then what names should he be juggling? And they have to be names that are available to fight.

Taylor hasn't fought a true middleweight & shown an impressive performance.
    His perforamce against Ouma was disappointing. We're in agreement on that. He fought going backwards against a guy he should have walked down.
    As for the fights previous... ya, he didn't look overly impressive against Hopkins or Wright, but you do realize that those are the two most impossible fighters to look good against of the last 10 years, right?
    Maybe Wright isn't a "true middleweight," but I'd love to see someone list the name of a true middleweight who would be a tougher opponent than Wright. Or the name of a true middleweight who would be favored to beat Wright. There are none.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you know, honestley...

i thought that calzaghe fighting the other one was pretty puss...

but this...

i didnt even know there was talk of taylor adding anotheer line of ink to the piece of paper that justifies his claim tio being a "champion"

what a fucking buitch

id rather him fightpinks...

mora?!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?

WTF man, that is complete bs, i think i may actually want(and im not sure but i MAY have said this b4) calzaghe to win if he fought taylor

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't believe HBO and Taylor are serious! Cory Spinks as a fukin opponent!? The runner?! The fuker LOST to Mayorga, LOST BOTH TIMES to Judah, and LOST to Karmazin. He's a timid welterweight, now junior mw, he has done NOTHING at 160 and is not a credible opponent in the least. Ring magazine and the alphabet organizations should strip Taylor immediately when and if he signs to fight Cory fukin Spinks!
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    I can't believe HBO and Taylor are serious! Cory Spinks as a fukin opponent!? The runner?! The fuker LOST to Mayorga, LOST BOTH TIMES to Judah, and LOST to Karmazin.
    What are you talking about?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't believe HBO and Taylor are serious! Cory Spinks as a fukin opponent!? The runner?! The fuker LOST to Mayorga, LOST BOTH TIMES to Judah, and LOST to Karmazin.
    I'm talkin bout how much of an absolute fraud Cory Spinks is. He's gotten more gift decisions than any other active fighter today. He does NOT deserve a shot at the MW title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm talkin bout how much of an absolute fraud Cory Spinks is. He's gotten more gift decisions than any other active fighter today. He does NOT deserve a shot at the MW title.
    Ok, but then who should get the shot? Everyone in this thread seems to want to criticize Taylor for his choice of Spinks, yet no one is backing up their statements by suggesting who he SHOULD fight.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, but then who should get the shot? Everyone in this thread seems to want to criticize Taylor for his choice of Spinks, yet no one is backing up their statements by suggesting who he SHOULD fight.
    Pavlik, Miranda, even Sam Soliman. NOT Spinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As has already been previously discussed in this thread, Pavlik and Miranda cannot fight Taylor in May, because they are already scheduled to fight each other. They are not options for this upcoming fight.
    Sam Soliman? He was just knocked out in a fight 10 days ago. How would he possibly be ready to fight in two months? In fact, I believe most boxing commissions have a rule that a fighter who is KO'd cannot fight again for at least 90 days.
    All three fighters that you listed are not available options for Taylor.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As has already been previously discussed in this thread, Pavlik and Miranda cannot fight Taylor in May, because they are already scheduled to fight each other. They are not options for this upcoming fight.
    Sam Soliman? He was just knocked out in a fight 10 days ago. How would he possibly be ready to fight in two months? In fact, I believe most boxing commissions have a rule that a fighter who is KO'd cannot fight again for at least 90 days.
    I was not aware that Soliman was KO'd 10 days ago. Since you are so clever and seem to have an answer to every thing then why shouldn't Jermain try to fight:

Felix Sturm
    Aman Asikainen
    Sebastian Sylvester
    Mariano Carrera
    or
    Javier Castillejo

All are Ring Magazine top 10 ranked Middleweights. Is there an excuse for every one of those guys as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was not aware that Soliman was KO'd 10 days ago. Since you are so clever and seem to have an answer to every thing then why shouldn't Jermain try to fight:

Felix Sturm
    Aman Asikainen
    Sebastian Sylvester
    Mariano Carrera
    or
    Javier Castillejo

All are Ring Magazine top 10 ranked Middleweights. Is there an excuse for every one of those guys as well?
    Sturm and Castillejo are already scheduled to fight each other on April 28 in Germany, so they're not available.
    Carrera is currently serving a suspension, he failed a drug test at his last fight. So he doesn't look like an option either.
    As for Sylvester or Asikainen, ya I guess they're available, but I don't see where they are more dangerous or viable opponents than Spinks is.
    Asikainen has fought virtually his entire career in Finland against guys that no one has ever heard of. Sylvester has been KO'd by Asikainen, so he'd have to be ranked even lower.
    I'll say this, if Jermain Taylor announced that he was fighting Asikainen or Sylvester, he'd be getting even more criticism than he is for fighting Spinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zupg
    I love that a lot of people think JT would blow through Pavlik!!! That is such a joke. Then tell JT to just sign on the dotted line!!!!! And we could see what would happen... Pavlik wins by KO..
    What is this prediction based on? What does Pavlik do better than Taylor?
    It based on ring performances. JT has not fought that well against anyone. And Kelly actually fights against any opponent!! He has more power and heart. Like I said, just have JT sign on the dotted line. Miranda would also beat Taylor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love that a lot of people think JT would blow through Pavlik!!! That is such a joke. Then tell JT to just sign on the dotted line!!!!! And we could see what would happen... Pavlik wins by KO..
    What is this prediction based on? What does Pavlik do better than Taylor?
    It based on ring performances. JT has not fought that well against anyone. And Kelly actually fights against any opponent!! He has more power and heart. Like I said, just have JT sign on the dotted line. Miranda would also beat Taylor.
    But what does Pavlik do better than Taylor? Does he jab better? Does he have faster hands? Is he stronger? Does he have better defense? Is he more experienced?
    Because I think the answer is No to all of those questions. I don't see one advantage that Pavlik would have against Taylor. Do you think Pavlik would have gone 2-0-1 against Bernard Hopkins and Winky Wright?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, I ripped Taylor earlier in this thread, but I probably did it too soon.

Look at the MW rankings.

http://www.fightnews.com/rankings2.htm

He really doesn't have any other options, unless he can make a rematch with Winky. As I recall, Abraham is still out, no? Assuming that, the only other logical choice would be Khoren Gevor, whoever the hell that is. Everyone else is taken.

He really should be fighting Miranda right now. I don't know why Miranda needs to face Pavlik first. Pavlik could really use one fight against an upper-tier opponent before he jumps in with the big boys. No sense crying, because the fight is already made, but it's kinda stupid, really, except that it gives HBO a chance to hype Miranda and Pavlik before a Taylor fight.

Thread Information