Cool Clicks

Default Re: Naz vs JMM?

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing
    Just let go .............. What type of boxed retires after his 1st loss? The type that knows the recipe to beat him is visible to the top boxers thanks in part to MAB.
    ahem...

FELIX TRINIDAD!!!!!!!!

Tito didn't retire cause of the loss. He retired for various reasons his father, his wife, he pretty had done everything he wanted to do.
    you COULD say the same thing about hamed can't you? How much money had he made at only 26 at that point?

And I don't think Hopkins was an "I got nothing to lose" He was fighting for the Sugar Ray Robinson honor trophy as part of a tounament where he would get one of the greatest honors in boxing that Ray Robinson trophy made for that competition. You mean to tell me Tito approached that with an "ah fck it" attitude
    $Money$ come on Majesty.....
    How much Naz footage have you seen?
    His fwocken mouth wouldn't stop flapping about how great he was and how no one would EVER beat him and how he wanted to be the Undisputed Champ. of the world.....
    Your on other subject if your talking about money.....
    All that money he made could never buy him what he wanted the most and that be THE recognized Undisputed Champ. he was on his way no doubt but it was not to be....

About 'Tito' vs. B-Hop, I can't say he Tito was going in to that fight with that state of mind as hes a fighter, BUT where could he go after beating ODLH, Vargas, Joppy, Whittaker, Campas?
    The only way was up in weight and prior to the B-Hop fight (If Puya remembers hearing or reading this) Titos pop slipped and accidently mentioned retirement before the B-Hop fight in a interview in PR.....
    Stuff like that leads me to belive Tito was thinking 'Happy thoughts' vacationing and all and was not thinking fight time!!
    Just my opinion....
    You have your opinion and I have mine and I respect yours greatly, I just think it can be said both ways. to be fair anyway.
    #318 Majesty always a good talk with ya'.........

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing
    Just let go .............. What type of boxed retires after his 1st loss? The type that knows the recipe to beat him is visible to the top boxers thanks in part to MAB.
    ahem...

FELIX TRINIDAD!!!!!!!!

Tito didn't retire cause of the loss. He retired for various reasons his father, his wife, he pretty had done everything he wanted to do.
    you COULD say the same thing about hamed can't you? How much money had he made at only 26 at that point?

And I don't think Hopkins was an "I got nothing to lose" He was fighting for the Sugar Ray Robinson honor trophy as part of a tounament where he would get one of the greatest honors in boxing that Ray Robinson trophy made for that competition. You mean to tell me Tito approached that with an "ah fck it" attitude
    $Money$ come on Majesty.....
    How much Naz footage have you seen?
    His fwocken mouth wouldn't stop flapping about how great he was and how no one would EVER beat him and how he wanted to be the Undisputed Champ. of the world.....
    Your on other subject if your talking about money.....
    All that money he made could never buy him what he wanted the most and that be THE recognized Undisputed Champ. he was on his way no doubt but it was not to be....

About 'Tito' vs. B-Hop, I can't say he Tito was going in to that fight with that state of mind as hes a fighter, BUT where could he go after beating ODLH, Vargas, Joppy, Whittaker, Campas?
    The only way was up in weight and prior to the B-Hop fight (If Puya remembers hearing or reading this) Titos pop slipped and accidently mentioned retirement before the B-Hop fight in a interview in PR.....
    Stuff like that leads me to belive Tito was thinking 'Happy thoughts' vacationing and all and was not thinking fight time!!
    Just my opinion....
    You have your opinion and I have mine and I respect yours greatly, I just think it can be said both ways. to be fair anyway.
    #318 Majesty always a good talk with ya'.........
    You too
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Naz made about £50,000,000 thats a hell of alot of money for somebody who ain't that good as you guys make out and a little guy not a heavyweight 3 major world titles 4 if you include the fact Vasquez was WBA champ and only got stripped for fighting Naz 15 world title defences unifieing titles some incredible ko's along the way all by the time he's 28.Yet at 28 Ricky Hatton has had only one really great fight against Kostya and is going on his last 3 fights on the slide in a big way yet you all think he's brill i don't get the big downer on Naz apart from lennox no British fighter has really achieved as much HBO loved him

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Difference being that Hatton WON his fight with an all time great. His stats probably stack up pretty well with Hameds too.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't agree with that but Hatton is on Jonathon Ross tonight if anyones interested

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    Thought I'd do it since I've checked the stats and it's a shocking 1 month since we had our last Hamed thread. It must be a record
    Barrera fought smart fight against Naz jabbing and moving and won easy decision i dont see why jmm couldnt do same and win decision
    He outboxed Pacquaio to come back from being down a 10-7 round to begin.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    I don't agree with that but Hatton is on Jonathon Ross tonight if anyones interested
    What dont you agree with?

Hatton and Hamed have both faced one great fightet in their careers, Hamed failed, Hatton didnt, its prettyy clear cut mate.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis

Hatton and Hamed have both faced one great fightet in their careers, Hamed failed, Hatton didnt, its prettyy clear cut mate.
    So kevin Kelley,Manuel Medina,Tom Johnson,Cesar Soto,Wilfredo Vasquez,Wayne McCullough,Vuyani Bungu were all crap but Ricky beat an old Kostya wrestled him for 5 rounds then after Kostya fights and struggles to shine against 3 nobodies sorry forgot yes your right im wrong Ricky is great

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Naz made about £50,000,000 thats a hell of alot of money for somebody who ain't that good as you guys make out and a little guy not a heavyweight 3 major world titles 4 if you include the fact Vasquez was WBA champ and only got stripped for fighting Naz 15 world title defences unifieing titles some incredible ko's along the way all by the time he's 28.Yet at 28 Ricky Hatton has had only one really great fight against Kostya and is going on his last 3 fights on the slide in a big way yet you all think he's brill i don't get the big downer on Naz apart from lennox no British fighter has really achieved as much HBO loved him
    Well you wrote that up really well.
    MONEY and SUCCESS are 2 different things.....
    Quick question all those boxing notes you typed up are nice an all and look well when you put them together, but against who did he accomplish this?
    On the other hand Hattons win over the KING of the division is much more then anything Naz ever did.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kostya was number 1 lightwelter but tell me if im wrong but were'nt Tom Johnson number 1 featherweight and did'nt Naz spark him in 8 rounds virtually onesided rounds at that

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So kevin Kelley,Manuel Medina,Tom Johnson,Cesar Soto,Wilfredo Vasquez,Wayne McCullough,Vuyani Bungu were all crap but Ricky beat an old Kostya wrestled him for 5 rounds then after Kostya fights and struggles to shine against 3 nobodies sorry forgot yes your right im wrong Ricky is great
    Those are all decent names and all but none of those screams at you HEY!! LOOK AT ME.....
    I was rooting for Tszyu when he fought Hatton that night and I AM one of the very few IF NOT THE ONLY person who does not think Tszyu was done or past it, Hatton was just that much better that night..... It was all Hatton that night and shined like never before. That win alone is more then Naz did his whole career....
    But I agree Hattons looked like ishhh! in his last fights and his career can't ride on that Tszyu fight alone.....

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didnt say they were crap, Im not sure where that is coming from. For what its worth I think Hamed fought and beat alot of very good men. He did however fail when it mattered most, that is an undeniable fact.

Tszyu was more than just the undisputed light welter champ mate, you know that.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kostya had 1 fight in 23 month before Hatton and was struggling with weight and im sorry but he was old and an ageing fighter this one win alone is'nt enough to say he was better than Naz and that win is better than Naz's career you said yourself one good win does'nt make a good career but Naz had many good wins he made the millions because he was exciting and good to watch and did'nt hug his opponents for rounds on end

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kostya was number 1 lightwelter but tell me if im wrong but were'nt Tom Johnson number 1 featherweight and did'nt Naz spark him in 8 rounds virtually onesided rounds at that
    Funny that Johnsons best opponent was, well would you look at that 'Mantecas' Medina.... who when Johnson beat had been struggling making weight at that time cause he has a stomach flu....

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kostya was old, Kostya wasnt old, who can say? All we can be sure of are the facts and they are that he was the undisputed light welterweight champion and held a lofty position in the £4£ rankings.

At no point did I say Hatton was better than Hamed. I just offered an explanation as to why Hatton gets credit and Hamed doesnt. I agree one great win doesnt make a career. By the same token neither does a string of pretty decent ones

Charley Burley

Thread Information