Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do People Always Criticize Roy Jones Record

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Why Do People Always Criticize Roy Jones Record

the guy beat James Toney Reggie Johnson Bernard Hopkins Clinton Woods Virgil Hill Montell Griffin and bunch of other great fighters to the people who criticize Jones record tell me who else he could of fought at that time that was any greater than the names i just mentioned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why Do People Always Criticize Roy Jones Record

these are the same people who scientists refer to as: HATERS!

theres certain people out there who when they see others do exceptionally well so well that they make it seem easy, these people HATE on that person doing exceptionally well.

also theres certain fans who'd rather see their fighters get bloody and come close to losing a fight but in the end come out strong to win the fight. so these same fans hate someone like roy who purely dominated everyone he stepped into the ring with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P

theres certain people out there who when they see others do exceptionally well so well that they make it seem easy, these people HATE on that person doing exceptionally well.

also theres certain fans who'd rather see their fighters get bloody and come close to losing a fight but in the end come out strong to win the fight. so these same fans hate someone like roy who purely dominated everyone he stepped into the ring with.
    yeah basiclly, ppl hate thas all all the guys jones fought were tough champs alot better than most the guys out there today in any weight class

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I criticise his record because for me he had incredible talent and yet was content to take the easy option too often after beating Toney and Hopkins. And yes, I even include fighting Ruiz as an easy option.

There are question marks over both of the wins over Hopkins and Toney (still developing and weight drain issues)...

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    I criticise his record because for me he had incredible talent and yet was content to take the easy option too often after beating Toney and Hopkins.

There are question marks over both of the wins over Hopkins and Toney (still developing and weight drain issues)...
    who else could he have fought at that time though did Roy Jones duck anyone ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i got a 5 hour flight to hawaii in a few. and i love RJJ so much that i'll be watching his whole career fights from my lap top. watching his fights inspire me to dominate all the DIMES once i touch down in hawaii son ya feel me? that aint gonna happen with a b-hop collection or jt collection lol

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steve Collins

he dodged him like the plague I tell thee

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haters?
    I call them True fight fans and im a Big critic of RJJ.
    Undeniable skill levels and uniquely talented fighter but the facts are he ducked the best about at a critical time in his career mainly because of what happened to his mate the G-Man.
    Who's to say he would have won or lost to the likes of Collins,Benn Eubank and even Calzaghe (if you believe Warren) but the fact is he didn't wanna know and that imo is not the actions of a true Champ.
    I'm begining to feel this way about Calzaghe and the lack of interest for his fight in just a few weeks is testiment to that fact.
    This place was Buzzing about Joe leading up to the Lacy and even the Bika fight and now he goes for Mangeydo he's rapidly losing face.
    You can't cheat the public at the end of the day and still want 100% respect as it simply don't work like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Steve Collins

a PRIME RJJ would make Steve Collins look like Phil Collins

ICB Guest

Steve Collins

haha thats funny Roy Jones would of shut out Steve Collins Roy Jones had fought James Toney yet he ducked Steve Collins who was tailor made for Roy Jones

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by miles
    I criticise his record because for me he had incredible talent and yet was content to take the easy option too often after beating Toney and Hopkins.

who else could he have fought at that time though did Roy Jones duck anyone ??
    I wouldnt accuse Jones of ducking fighters, but seriously look down that resume...where are the name fighters with no question marks attached to their names? There are a lot of stiffs on there!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steve Collins

a PRIME RJJ would make Steve Collins look like Phil Collins

Pure speculation mate (Anything can happen in boxing)
    Still never had the minerals to get in the square circle with him though did he?
    85% of Jones opponents were muppets
    FACT

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup

Haters?
    I call them True fight fans and im a Big critic of RJJ.
    Undeniable skill levels and uniquely talented fighter but the facts are he ducked the best about at a critical time in his career mainly because of what happened to his mate the G-Man.
    Who's to say he would have won or lost to the likes of Collins,Benn Eubank and even Calzaghe (if you believe Warren) but the fact is he didn't wanna know and that imo is not the actions of a true Champ.
    I'm begining to feel this way about Calzaghe and the lack of interest for his fight in just a few weeks is testiment to that fact.
    This place was Buzzing about Joe leading up to the Lacy and even the Bika fight and now he goes for Mangeydo he's rapidly losing face.
    You can't cheat the public at the end of the day and still want 100% respect as it simply don't work like that.
    Nigel Benn would of got beaten one sided because after Gerald fight he had nothing left and mate Roy Jones would of beat Eubank quite comfortably i dont see why Jones would duck any of them was it because he would have to come over there to fight ?? when he is p4p number 1 ?? i wouldn't either

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a RJJ fan per-say and I have often criticised his record all in all. But wow! was he talented and skilled. The thing was he was soooo skilled that the guys he faced were really he good but RJJ made them look bad..... The better opposition that he fought he would have go the distance and would have to win the entire fight.....

As for who he could have fought and didn't well, I'll leave that up for the UK people they seem to think RJJ ducked their champs....
    They gotta remember though boxing is a 2 way street, theres 2 parties involved and the people in the UK just make it seem like it was ALL RJJ who did not wan't to fight them....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with you boys, Roy would of wiped the floor with Steve Collins, but Smashup is right, he wouldn't fight him so we'll never know

Thats the way she goes i'm afraid.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information