So you think a morning workout is not good on the same day as a hard sparring session - any type of morning workout or just hard sessions?

Many eons ago before I injured myself (about 6 months ago) I would often use my lunch hour to fit in extra training aswell as the mornings and go to boxing at night. I now know that was a little stupid although I feel lazy if I only train once a day - especially since I can't always predict whether or not a boxing training is going to be hard and I don't finish early enough to run afterwards.

My brother trained as a rower for the Australian Institute of Sport and I have some vague memory that they had some way of testing how long he took to peak after stopping training to taper for competition. I'm not sure if there is a recognized approach to test how long you take to recover from a work out. Aerobically I guess it'd just be the time taken for your heart rate to return to resting but as for your anaerobic system I have no idea. Have you heard of anything?