Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Peter gives Maskaev 24 hours to get their sh*t together or it gets ugly!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Team Peter gives Maskaev 24 hours to get their sh*t together or it gets ugly

KF to say Peter hasn't improved is ridiculous. Sorry I usually agree to an extent but his improvement didn't just have to do what opponent was in front of him. He had straightened and shortened his punches, sured up his balance especially on the right hand and he improved his footwork. It was really an already good fighter maturing in that second Toney fight. Wlad improved when he beat Peter and Peter did the same versus Toney.

And Vitali isn't a shoe in to beat anyone much less the second best fighter in the division. And the fact is Peter has earned his shot and Vitali hasn't. If it was 2 years ago he would have but right now he has to start from scratch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Team Peter gives Maskaev 24 hours to get their sh*t together or it gets ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Dog
    Peter deserves a shot, he will get beat against Vitali but he deserves a shot
    yeah...give Peter his 15 mins of fame before Vitali destroyes him...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Team Peter gives Maskaev 24 hours to get their sh*t together or it gets ugly

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    KF to say Peter hasn't improved is ridiculous. Sorry I usually agree to an extent but his improvement didn't just have to do what opponent was in front of him. He had straightened and shortened his punches, sured up his balance especially on the right hand and he improved his footwork. It was really an already good fighter maturing in that second Toney fight. Wlad improved when he beat Peter and Peter did the same versus Toney.

And Vitali isn't a shoe in to beat anyone much less the second best fighter in the division. And the fact is Peter has earned his shot and Vitali hasn't. If it was 2 years ago he would have but right now he has to start from scratch.
    And as far as Vitali getting the shot I just don't understand the point people are trying to make that he hasn't earned the shot!He was the title holder when he was forced into retirement due to injury right?Did the WBC not grant him the right to an imediate title fight if he came back?Rules are rules I could care less about Peter's feelings on it and if he want's to whine about only getting 3.5million for sitting on his back side I hardly feel sorry for him.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Team Peter gives Maskaev 24 hours to get their sh*t together or it gets ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Klitschkofan
    Quote Originally Posted by amat

And as far as Vitali getting the shot I just don't understand the point people are trying to make that he hasn't earned the shot!He was the title holder when he was forced into retirement due to injury right?Did the WBC not grant him the right to an imediate title fight if he came back?Rules are rules I could care less about Peter's feelings on it and if he want's to whine about only getting 3.5million for sitting on his back side I hardly feel sorry for him.
    Injury or no injury he hasn't been in the ring since 2004. I really don't care about the WBC' rules, just because those are the rules doesn't mean he earned it. I mean maybe by the WBC rulebook he did but it's pretty much universally agreed on that these sanctioning bodies are a joke and the rule is to.

That being said, I would rather see Peter chase another fight now because this is going to be dragged on for a long time and the WBC belt just isn't worth it. I would rather see him cut his losses now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know what the talk about Peter beating Vitali and vice versa is about...
    Right now its really hard to say...yeah Peter did improve against Toney in their 2nd fight,
    but (this is not meant to take anything from Peters deserved victory) first its easier to
    adjust to someone you already fought once (and Peter did this better than Toney) and
    second Toney IMO didn't fight that sharp the second time(maybe because of age or the
    different preparation...I don't know...)...
    And Vitali didn't fight in over two years...if it wouldn't be for that I would tent to Vitali
    to win this,but right now it looks better for Peter...

But they won't be fighting right now and the way it looks Vitali will fight Maskaev in June
    and Peter will watch and wait and get his title bout against the winner...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a fan any combination of these guys meeting is good. They both have claims to fight the champ. Vitali is also playing by the rules, its just a clash in the system, and so its up to the organizations discretion what is to be done.

also: WHAT IF PETER GOT HIS MASKAEV FIGHT?
    If Oleg and Peter meet, I think that this fight will be easier for Oleg than the Tua fight.

a) From what I have seen of Peter, he is a durable, hard hitting, but also shortish, and lacking in polish.
    He would find it hard to beat Maskaev. Maskaev, would have a 79 - 77 reach advantage, and a lot of experience and grit. Many lesser men than Big O, who in this fight would be bigger, if not heavier, have gone the distance against Peter. (Robert Hawkins, Jovo Pudar, etc.) Jovo weighing 20 pounds less than Peter and Oleg.
    I see OLEG boxing like did against the Samoan, but not screwing it up this time by getting cocky. Plus TUA has an extra gear of Tyson like speed and power, explosivity, that I havent seen in Peter.
    In the Tua fight you see Oleg winning the rounds by toughness and reach advantage, getting tagged late in the fight by Tua's exploding. I dont think Peter explodes enough to suprise Maskaev. IF he comes in at 250-270 he will be too slow.

b) And against Vitali I cant see him having ANY advantage or weapon, much much much shorter, less skilled, slower, less experienced. If he comes in heavy he want have the speed to reach Vitali -you know Vitali steps back and counters all nite, until he attacks, and then its over. Vitali has never ever been bettered or outboxed, only defeated by injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is my opinion whether you guys want it or not. Mayweather vs. Oscar Dela Hoya had to happen whether or not Floyd Snr. was in Oscar's corner. Similarly if Vitali wants to come back he has to be willing to fight his brother or I say he shouldn't going for a belt. It will destroy the division even more. I think both are the best fighters at the weight, and both could likely beat everyone else in the division, but that is all for not if they won't face eachother or if somebody cannot beat both of them, and I don't see anyone beating both of them let alone getting the odds against either one. Peter will be willing to fight Wladimir and clear up this heavyweight mess about who is champion. I believe the first fight was like putting Vargas in against Trinidad. I don't think Vargas would have ever beaten Trinidad, but he still put into that megafight too soon. Similarly I don't see Peter beating Wladimir, but he would have a better chance now than he did the last time they fought. Having two champions in the division unwilling to fight eachother is absolutely horrible, and thats probably what would happen. The only way this would be a good thing for boxing is if some American came up and beat both of them. I don't see that happening so this division is going to continue to be unconcise, and unresolved.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by plinden
    As a fan any combination of these guys meeting is good. They both have claims to fight the champ. Vitali is also playing by the rules, its just a clash in the system, and so its up to the organizations discretion what is to be done.

If Oleg and Peter meet, I think that this fight will be easier for Oleg than the Tua fight.

a) From what I have seen of Peter, he is a durable, hard hitting, but also shortish, and lacking in polish.
    He would find it hard to beat Maskaev. Maskaev, would have a 79 - 77 reach advantage, and a lot of experience and grit. Many lesser men than Big O, who in this fight would be bigger, if not heavier, have gone the distance against Peter. (Robert Hawkins, Jovo Pudar, etc.) Jovo weighing 20 pounds less than Peter and Oleg.
    I see OLEG boxing like did against the Samoan, but not screwing it up this time by getting cocky. Plus TUA has an extra gear of Tyson like speed and power, explosivity, that I havent seen in Peter.
    In the Tua fight you see Oleg winning the rounds by toughness and reach advantage, getting tagged late in the fight by Tua's exploding. I dont think Peter explodes enough to suprise Maskaev. IF he comes in at 250-270 he will be too slow.

b) And against Vitali I cant see him having ANY advantage or weapon, much much much shorter, less skilled, slower, less experienced. If he comes in heavy he want have the speed to reach Vitali -you know Vitali steps back and counters all nite, until he attacks, and then its over. Vitali has never ever been bettered or outboxed, only defeated by injury.
    Tua TKOed Maskaev TEN years ago. Tua is also not the monster your apparently making him out to be, least imo...He was alot like Peter, and as easy as it is for you to say he showed an extra gear of speed and power, I can also say that Tua never looked to have the boxing ability that Peter showed against Toney in the rematch. Who knows which one of them was a better fighter, all Im saying is that Maskaev lasting 11 rounds before getting KOed against a similar opponent to Peter 10 years ago hardly means he would do as well now.. He has also, since that time, been KTFO by Kirk Johnson, Lance Whittaker, and Corey Sanders... COREY, not Corrie, the one who can fight. Maskaev beat the right guy at the right time in Rahman, that doesn't mean he's the same fighter he always was, even though he never was that good..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking

Tua TKOed Maskaev TEN years ago. Tua is also not the monster your apparently making him out to be, least imo...He was alot like Peter, and as easy as it is for you to say he showed an extra gear of speed and power, I can also say that Tua never looked to have the boxing ability that Peter showed against Toney in the rematch. Who knows which one of them was a better fighter, all Im saying is that Maskaev lasting 11 rounds before getting KOed against a similar opponent to Peter 10 years ago hardly means he would do as well now.. He has also, since that time, been KTFO by Kirk Johnson, Lance Whittaker, and Corey Sanders... COREY, not Corrie, the one who can fight. Maskaev beat the right guy at the right time in Rahman, that doesn't mean he's the same fighter he always was, even though he never was that good..
    a) Maskaev is a real hero. He had his low, but we know that he came back stronger. Samil Sam, Rahman, Okello; three very respectable wins. Sam and Rahman definitely are serious about what they are doing.
    Now to the point. Its true that it was a long time ago Maskaev and Tua met, but this means that it was a better version of Tua. Tua and Sam are similar, but I dont think that Peter is better than Tua 10 years ago, AND I dont think that his better in a way that helps him against MAskaev.
    Maskaev won the rounds against Tua because of his reach, combinations, grit, and Tua had explosivity that Peter lacks, so I dont think that Sam has what it takes to beat Maskaev.
    The skills Peter showed in last fight were sufficient to win against a smaller, physically weaker man and do not translate to a taller harder hitting guy. What is it you think Peter can do, e.g. to get around Maskaev's jab? Is Peter's head movement good enough to avoid Maskaevs straights?
    Tony fought immobile against the ropes; Maskaev moves on the outside; its different story, Maskaev is more like Wlad, a bit slower, w. better shin and more grit.
    Respect to Maskaev, take the Peter fight and show him!!!!!!! Here, this is what you asked for.
    http://youtube.com/results?search_query=maskaev

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maskaev, like the klits, wants no part of Peter.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY

a) How do you know?

b) -This doesnt answer my question of What Peter would do to get by Maskaevs long jab, or avoid his straights. I cant see it. Toney was short and standing against the ropes. Maskaev will fight him ont he outside. WHY think that Peter has learnt how to fight MAskaev just because he found a style against Toney??

c) I can't see why they Ks would be worried about a guy they have already beat. Vitali does not have the weakness Wlad had, so there is no reason to think that Vitali would be worried at all. It would be a Kirk Johnson moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a) How do you know?

b) -This doesnt answer my question of What Peter would do to get by Maskaevs long jab, or avoid his straights. I cant see it. Toney was short and standing against the ropes. Maskaev will fight him ont he outside. WHY think that Peter has learnt how to fight MAskaev just because he found a style against Toney??

c) I can't see why they Ks would be worried about a guy they have already beat. Vitali does not have the weakness Wlad had, so there is no reason to think that Vitali would be worried at all. It would be a Kirk Johnson moment.
    OK, if you insist.

A)Everyone wants to fight each other but nobody involved even mentions Peter.

B)Peter took wlads jab which is stiffer, faster and way more effective and walked through it. Yeah he took some punishment but he weathered it and still got inside and took it to a much better fighter so your point is officially mute.

C)I didn't realize both klits beat Peter. Thanx for the update. If you look at that fight without a bias eye, yyou will see wladdy clinchko holding on for dear life. He was scared to death. So scared in fact that when he rocked Peter in the last round, he still didn't get near him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a) How do you know?

OK, if you insist.

B)Peter took wlads jab which is stiffer, faster and way more effective and walked through it. Yeah he took some punishment but he weathered it and still got inside and took it to a much better fighter so your point is officially mute.

C)I didn't realize both klits beat Peter. Thanx for the update. If you look at that fight without a bias eye, yyou will see wladdy clinchko holding on for dear life. He was scared to death. So scared in fact that when he rocked Peter in the last round, he still didn't get near him.

Wladimir fought a smart fight much like Ali used to, the clinches were part of the game plan, he would be foolish to start right in front of Peter and let him tee off.Waldimir also didn't try to finish Peter because it was the last round and didn't want to get caught with a wild punch, which Peter threw plenty of.The only effective thing Peter did was land shots to the back of Wladimir's head and hit him when he was down.
    [youtube=425,350]bHbkI_YudIg[/youtube]
    [youtube=425,350]XW4aZnwv_I0[/youtube]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a) How do you know?

OK, if you insist.

Wladimir fought a smart fight much like Ali used to, the clinches were part of the game plan, he would be foolish to start right in front of Peter and let him tee off.Waldimir also didn't try to finish Peter because it was the last round and didn't want to get caught with a wild punch, which Peter threw plenty of.The only effective thing Peter did was land shots to the back of Wladimir's head and hit him when he was down.
    Klitschkofan!
    I agree, Peter was defeated soundly by Klitschko, and JUST BECAUSE you learn how to fight a short fat man standing by the roper, does not mean that you can fight tall men. Vitali is the greatest HW ever, and would not get affected by SAM he has almost no chance.

But we all know that, HOW about the MAskaev fight? Here I think that MASKAEV has matured and is now able to win the rounds and stay out of trouble using height reach experience and stamina. TUA was his, until he made a mistake, and Peter does not have the same tua speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a) How do you know?

OK, if you insist.

Klitschkofan!
    I agree, Peter was defeated soundly by Klitschko, and JUST BECAUSE you learn how to fight a short fat man standing by the roper, does not mean that you can fight tall men. Vitali is the greatest HW ever, and would not get affected by SAM he has almost no chance.

But we all know that, HOW about the MAskaev fight? Here I think that MASKAEV has matured and is now able to win the rounds and stay out of trouble using height reach experience and stamina. TUA was his, until he made a mistake, and Peter does not have the same tua speed.
    vitali is the greatest HW ever? Hilarious!!! I want to know how he earned that distinction in your fantasy world. Which career defining wins led you to believe that?

Thread Information