Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honestly guys, who really cares about Women's boxing?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Honestly guys, who really cares about Women's boxing?

This weeks FNF will be featuring Women's boxing as the main event. I for one am not very excited about it. I'm fine with Women boxing, some of them, not many, but some are actually not half bad at it either. Mostly though I just wanna see Laila Ali fight Anne Wolfe and thats about it. I think its BS that Women's boxing is the main event on FNF this week, and a waste of time. How bout you all?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Honestly guys, who really cares about Women's boxing?

Well I wouldn't call it a BS nor a waste of time. I mean this is one of the best women fighters in the world fighting? She's undefeated I know that. Not a waste of time, I mean it's not fair for the sport not to get any exposure.

Me personally, I don't watch woman's boxing. I'm not morally opposed to it and I'm a fan of women's basketball and women's lacrosse, but something about boxing and women don't mix right for me for whatever reason. So I just don't watch it. Only seen one women fight, it was a live fight and what was I supposed to do? The fight was between Danielle Christiansen and Laura Roland. Christiansen was the hometown fighter and pumped while Roland was just overmatched. She ended up battered against the ropes and it was fairly depressing knowing she is probably a sister or daughter to someone. Just not my cup of tea but I've certainly got no gripes with it getting airtime.

Joel Julio fights on this undercard. Should spark his guy out soon enough and I like Julio I think he's a dynamite fighter so I'll tune in for that and probably ditch the main event.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Well I wouldn't call it a BS nor a waste of time. I mean this is one of the best women fighters in the world fighting? She's undefeated I know that. Not a waste of time, I mean it's not fair for the sport not to get any exposure.

Me personally, I don't watch woman's boxing. I'm not morally opposed to it and I'm a fan of women's basketball and women's lacrosse, but something about boxing and women don't mix right for me for whatever reason. So I just don't watch it. Only seen one women fight, it was a live fight and what was I supposed to do? The fight was between Danielle Christiansen and Laura Roland. Christiansen was the hometown fighter and pumped while Roland was just overmatched. She ended up battered against the ropes and it was fairly depressing knowing she is probably a sister or daughter to someone. Just not my cup of tea but I've certainly got no gripes with it getting airtime.

Joel Julio fights on this undercard. Should spark his guy out soon enough and I like Julio I think he's a dynamite fighter so I'll tune in for that and probably ditch the main event.
    CC. I'll probably do the same after I get home from work, I'll DVR it and watch the Julio fight, maybe see what Laila has to say and thats about it. Joel Julio still has potential, it was embarassing for him losing to Quintana, not that Quintana is bad, we just see now that he's not ALL THAT like some people thought.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's getting better...problem is that they don't focus enough on the ones that can actually fight but the ones who generate cash....

EG-Leila Ali can't fight for beans...but her name is a draw and they give her the most horrible opp out there...Yet Ann Wolf can fight but does not get half the attention....

Christy Martin was the most unskilled thing going and bled like a stuck pig if her nose was tapped....but she got all the attention

Yet at the same time Lucia Rijker was fighting and her coverage was minimal....Lucia had great skills and could hit and take a shot...

a little more focus on the ones that have actual skills and a little less on who is cute then the division would be fun to watch
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont like it.

When its on tv I dont watch it.

Just does not seem right.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont mind it as long as they have some skills. The largest problem is that there is not enough women fighters out there for quality fights all of the time. Unlike with men you can still see some no names on TV or local club that have some skills inside of the ring. With the women the skillfull ones are few and far between. I think that if they reduced the number of weight classes to the original eight then this might give us more opportunities to much up the quality fighters with each other.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    This weeks FNF will be featuring Women's boxing as the main event. I for one am not very excited about it. I'm fine with Women boxing, some of them, not many, but some are actually not half bad at it either. Mostly though I just wanna see Laila Ali fight Anne Wolfe and thats about it. I think its BS that Women's boxing is the main event on FNF this week, and a waste of time. How bout you all?
    I'll watch woman's boxing a match at a time. It's hard for me to stomach two or three in a row. I do not feel it is a disgrace to the sport or anything but it puts a damper on my fun during weekends like this when there are no Saturday fights to enjoy...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll watch women's boxing, Anne Wolfe taking out the 6' chick was impressive. But I definately don't follow who the players are and who's hot and not (skill-wise). If no other fights are on, I'll watch.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But I definately don't follow who the players are and who's hot and not (skill-wise). Killersheep

Right. That's a factor for me also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that mia st john wench would get it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    But I definately don't follow who the players are and who's hot and not (skill-wise). Killersheep

Right. That's a factor for me also.
    I am the same way I dont follow it closely, any info I know is from here or other boxing news sites.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't get it, whats wrong with women boxing?

I love it!
    I also just got into Women MMA ever since I saw Gina (red)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

I love it!

Gina....I am trying to remember where I seen her fight....Was it World Combat Leauge??...I know she was pretty tough and skilled...Not all over the place hoping to land something...She dominated the other girl something fierce
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

I love it!
    Gina....I am trying to remember where I seen her fight....Was it World Combat Leauge??...I know she was pretty tough and skilled...Not all over the place hoping to land something...She dominated the other girl something fierce
    Showtimes debut of EliteXC she fought on that card....
    Why would a women that looks like that wan't to fight?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Elite XC is where that girl in Red fights I think.

And I watch Womens boxing wherever its on.

Boxing is like love, it's not straight nor gay nor male nor female.

So I don't descriminate anything when it comes to boxing. I grew up watching Tyson fights and that girl Coalminers daughter was always on it knocking fools out, she was my favorite boxer(besides Tyson) I was really young but I liked watching Martin fight(although I had no idea her name was Christy Martin, she was "the daughter's fighter" to me Cause i fully couldnt comprehend her nickname
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information