Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wladimir the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by plinden
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    Wlads a good boxer with power but i would'nt say he was stronger than Foreman and his chin is still suspect major question mark over that forever i would say

Lets say they are equally strong, but Foreman had no good defence when younger. I would say that Wlad is about as dangerous as Foreman. They are all greats. I think that VITALI is the best HW ever. Foreman's sloppy defence would be his downfall against his enormous reach, and Vitali has never been down. If you can't KO jimmy young then you cant KO VItali.
    Disagree with that totally how can Vitali be best hw ever ?? i've seen hws alot better than Vitali
    Bwaaahahahahahah he has to be joking. I wouldnt even put him top 10!lol!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Wlads a good boxer with power but i would'nt say he was stronger than Foreman and his chin is still suspect major question mark over that forever i would say

Lets say they are equally strong, but Foreman had no good defence when younger. I would say that Wlad is about as dangerous as Foreman. They are all greats. I think that VITALI is the best HW ever. Foreman's sloppy defence would be his downfall against his enormous reach, and Vitali has never been down. If you can't KO jimmy young then you cant KO VItali.
    Disagree with that totally how can Vitali be best hw ever ?? i've seen hws alot better than Vitali
    Bwaaahahahahahah he has to be joking. I wouldnt even put him top 10!lol!
    Funny thing is no he isn't bro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The best HW ever.......Not to sound like a record but there was a guy named Ali who was DAMN!!! good and would have boxed Vitaly into the mat
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddavestafford

Foreman also had something called "heavy hands" which you cant get from any kind of newer techniques or weightlifting. His hands were HUGE a la Joe Louis and many other bombers. I can't believe people are comparing Klitschko to a legend like Foreman. Let's face the facts here, Klitschko looks great because he is surrounded by a bunch of mediocre clowns at best. I mean, that Austin fight was a joke. There is no one to test this guy so we may never know if he is any good. Sure he has tools and does execute some good textbook boxing moves. He is not showing a whole lot more of that than he was when he first was making waves, beating down an old Ray Mercer and then Jameel McCline. And then he got knocked out. Twice. By basically nobody. So he has gotten a little bit better at working offensively from a distance to keep his opponents away from his chin. That will only work as long as he fights opponents who dont have the heart or the chin to take a punch or two from him to get inside and really whack him. As soon as that happens, I would not be surprised if we see Wladimir Klitschko on Dream Street again. Like Foreman, Klitschko also has something that newer, more advanced training and weightlifting technologies cannot help or hinder...a glass jaw. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve any credit or that he is a bum. I'm just saying when you judge a fighter, you look at the people he's fought. Take a look at George Foreman's list of opponents and compare it to Klitschko's before you go and start putting Wladimir up on that high pedestal. He is merely the most talented of ordinary...and he has a great trainer in his corner.
    I'm saying Klitschko is stronger, I didn't compare him in ANY other way. How can you say a guy who is naturally alot bigger than Forman who was 6'3-6'4 220ish compared to a guy 6'6 245ish. The size difference is alot. I never thought Foreman was among the hardest hitters ever... He had a thumping punches, but he never sparked out a legitimate opponent. Most of the time he would get a guy in the corner and pummel them. Klitschko IMO isn't an ATG, but he is very good, and getting closer to my current p4p top 10. Also Bowe was said to be 6'5, but I never saw it, and he was athletic to a degree, but he also wasn't at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Klit is a Big fish in a small pond period!!!!!!!!! He would not beat the best fighters of the past 25 years here is a list of guys that would have beat him IMO.

His own Brother Vitali Klitschko

Larry Holmes

Prime Evander Holyfield

Prime Riddick Bowe

Lennox Lewis

Prime and Mediocre Mike Tyson

Old George Foreman

Razor Ruddock

Even Frank Bruno might of waxed that chin

Tommy Morrison

Prime Oliver Mccall

Wlad is in the right place at the right time, and all you that are sleeping on Valuev better wisen up because Wladdy aint steam rolling over the Giant as you all think if Wlad wins he's gonna pay the price in the process

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't usually like to watch him fight but he's obviously pretty good.

It wouldn't really shock me if on any given night he got caught and lost to just about any big puncher, just cause I don't think he reacts well when he gets hurt. His chin isn't great but its not as bad as some people make it out to be, its more that he just kind of flounders around when he gets hurt.

But I don't see anybody beating him unless they get to him and hurt him, nobody out there right now is just gonna outbox him over 12 rounds and he does have that power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad is the MAN right now in the heavyweight divison. I will admit I am not a big fan of his style..but still he has power and can really KTFO of someone.

I am a big fan of Wlad the person as well as the boxer. Charitable, intelligent, worldly, athletic...he really has everything covered. It will take a tough, fast, pressure fighter to beat the "new" Wlad and they would need a great chin and patience to do it. I don't see anyone in the division right now with all those attributes. That or Wlad comes in very unprepared. I don't we will see him losing for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Klit is a Big fish in a small pond period!!!!!!!!! He would not beat the best fighters of the past 25 years here is a list of guys that would have beat him IMO.

Prime Evander Holyfield

Prime Riddick Bowe

Lennox Lewis

Old George Foreman

Razor Ruddock

Tommy Morrison

Prime Oliver Mccall

Wlad is in the right place at the right time, and all you that are sleeping on Valuev better wisen up because Wladdy aint steam rolling over the Giant as you all think if Wlad wins he's gonna pay the price in the process
    I agree with most of them, but some of them could have gone either way

Mediocre Tyson- Before Holyfield Tyson could go either way, After Holyfield Tyson gets KO'ed

Prime Tyson- Tyson ko's him, and it's ugly.

old Foreman-Likely Foreman ko'ing him since he had a that knack for connecting, but Klitschko on his best night could easily pull off a UD IMO. Old Foreman was nothing special.

I don't agree with Mccall at all.(I rhyme)

Tommy MOrrison(I can't see him winning after his fight with Lennox)

Lewis-would ko him

Evander-KO him likely, but Klitschko due to size has a slight chance.

Bowe- I think Bowe would win.

Razor Ruddock- At difficulties with Lennox, and might have difficulties with Wladimir, and if Wlad had a chin I would have him winning this, but he doesn't so he loses more often than not.

I think some other candidates are Prime Tua, Prime Ibeabuchi, Larry Holmes

Don't get me wrong there are alot of guys in the past who would have beaten Wladimir, but he is good all the same, and by far the best right now. For those who say Peter has a chance I totally disagree. Peter looks good against guys who don't move, but he looked completely baffled by Wlad, and worn out from moving.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

And don't call Corrie Sanders a nobody...or Lamon Brewster those guys are very tough fighters.

Corrie Sanders has a very nice set of man-tits. I'll give him that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prime Evander Holyfield

Prime Riddick Bowe

Lennox Lewis

Old George Foreman

Razor Ruddock

Tommy Morrison

Prime Oliver Mccall

I don't know how you can overlook his skills!You give him no credit whatsoever!He could beat any of the fighters on your list.Wladimir is one of the hardest punchers ever in the heavyweight division and he is certainly one of the most technically skilled as well.I think the only thing you are basing your argument on is you believe he has a glass jaw, which isn't the case.I am sorry but there is only one guy on your list that might be able to outpoint Wladimir and that is Lewis, the rest would HAVE to score a knockout to beat him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

Ali? Ali was the bigger man against: Bonavena (204),

The best HW ever.......Not to sound like a record but there was a guy named Ali who was DAMN!!! good and would have boxed Vitaly into the mat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

Ali? He was the bigger man against, Bonavena, Frazier, Mac Foster, ken norton, Rudi Lubbers...etc. and still either lost or went 12 rounds against these guys.
    Take RUDI LUBBERS, Rudi weighed 196 pounds. And Ali failed to win by ko despite being TALLER AND 20 pounds heavier!!!

Why in the whole world WOuld you even think THAT ALL OF A SUDDEN ALI WOULD BE ABLE TO EASILY KO A GUY WITH SKILLS AND 30 POUNDS
    HEAVIER AND TALLER THAN HIM? he lost against a 200 pound Norton and then went 12 rounds against him to win. what about 250 Vitali? jimmy young 204 pounds whent 15 rounds against him. Evangelista went 12 of 12, Wepner went 15, Leon spinks even went 15 rounds. AND SO ON.

Vitali on the other hand KO nearly every oponent and has never been beaten, but retired while ahead because of injuries. Lennox is the only guy who could possibly beat him that well never know, but he was ahead on the cards.
    But NO, you say that VITALI WOULD be floored?

AND YOU ALL SAY THAT I AM THE STUPID ONE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

And don't call Corrie Sanders a nobody...or Lamon Brewster those guys are very tough fighters.

Corrie Sanders has a very nice set of man-tits. I'll give him that.
    Corrie Sanders is the best HW right now apart from Vitali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc Vitali is dangerous and would have been dangerous to the best of the best from the very beginning boxing to now.He can't be stopped well NOONE has stopped him yet.The record says it all. W 35 (34 ko's) | L 2 His two losses were bs. And Wlad ? He has'nt reached his prime so to put it short you ain't seen nothing yet.
    WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Klitschkofan

Prime Evander Holyfield

Prime Riddick Bowe

Lennox Lewis

Old George Foreman

Razor Ruddock

Tommy Morrison

Prime Oliver Mccall

I don't know how you can overlook his skills!You give him no credit whatsoever!He could beat any of the fighters on your list.Wladimir is one of the hardest punchers ever in the heavyweight division and he is certainly one of the most technically skilled as well.I think the only thing you are basing your argument on is you believe he has a glass jaw, which isn't the case.I am sorry but there is only one guy on your list that might be able to outpoint Wladimir and that is Lewis, the rest would HAVE to score a knockout to beat him.

cc Klitschkofan very well put.
    WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

Thread Information