Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Honestly...this is the one fight in history that I care not to cover...but who wins this one & h

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: You guessed it...It's Just Another one of Wacko's DRBR's! Calzaghe vs Manfredo!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: You guessed it...It's Just Another one of Wacko's DRBR's! Calzaghe vs Manfredo!

I think the word that best fits all these excuses being made for Joe is 'rubbish'.....

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: You guessed it...It's Just Another one of Wacko's DRBR's! Calzaghe vs Manfre

You and i and everyone else here can't say either way in all honesty mate
    Who knows what goes down behind closed doors in the world of the promoters?,Warren swears RJJ priced himself out of a fight a few years back,Jones camp say the opposite etc.
    Annoying really because it's us who miss out on some great fights ultimately

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: You guessed it...It's Just Another one of Wacko's DRBR's! Calzaghe vs Manfre

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    You and i and everyone else here can't say either way in all honesty mate
    Who knows what goes down behind closed doors in the world of the promoters?,Warren swears RJJ priced himself out of a fight a few years back,Jones camp say the opposite etc.
    Annoying really because it's us who miss out on some great fights ultimately
    True.
    Boxing politics hate them, really.....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: You guessed it...It's Just Another one of Wacko's DRBR's! Calzaghe vs Manfredo!

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Don't worry he wont be heading to the States

Why would he when he can headline a gig with 33,000+ punters turning up
    Because...unless he's been filling himself, his promoter, & everyone else full of S***...he wants to come to the U.S. for the recognition & the match ups...legit ones...not this horse S*** travesty that we are all going to be watching this weekend.
    Why does he have to go to the US for the recognition and match-ups? Take it you don't wanna see him fight Kessler then
    Everyone wants to see that fight...except Warren & Joe.

Read between the lines, he only talks about fighting in the US when the likes of Hopkins and Jones are mentioned...other than that he has no need to and I'm pretty sure he never will.
    Read between the lines? Please.

He's been crying for Toney, Jones, Hopkins, Tarver, & Taylor...no need to read between the lines there...either he wants to come stateside...or he fwockin don't.

I don't believe that he's bullshitting about wanting the above.
    Blimey! Ever heard of the word subtle

Miles post just about summed it up
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Their recent comments would suggest otherwise

Now that Joe and Frank are talking about Kessler, and Kessler about Jones Jr, does that make them the good guys and Kessler a twat?

I doubt it.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh the irony

I could see him Meeting Kessler in the US actually infact i think it may be the only way the fight gets made.
    Neither will want to give up Massive home advantage so it's logical to meet in Vegas on Neutral turf.
    Other than that im with Fenster here,why fight in the US? He's the main man at the end of the day so let them come to him.
    The fight wont happen on neutral ground, smash

Both of them have never fought in the States, they've only just got exposure on American TV and why would massive promoters like FW and Mogens Palle take the fight away from a guarateed 20,000+ punters

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh the irony

I could see him Meeting Kessler in the US actually infact i think it may be the only way the fight gets made.
    Neither will want to give up Massive home advantage so it's logical to meet in Vegas on Neutral turf.
    Other than that im with Fenster here,why fight in the US? He's the main man at the end of the day so let them come to him.

Both of them have never fought in the States, they've only just got exposure on American TV and why would massive promoters like FW and Mogens Palle take the fight away from a guarateed 20,000+ punters

Irony indeed
    hahaha
    But which punters
    That will be some haggle for home turf mate!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanman89
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddavestafford

I doubt it. It would be cool to see an upset here, as it always is, and it is entirely possible seeing as Joe is probably taking this fight very lightly and what we see on Saturday night may be the very worst Joe Calzaghe we have seen to date in the ring. However, even if that should happen, I still think Joe Calzaghe's worst will be enough to get the "W" against Manfredo's best. From what I have seen, Calzaghe is a completely different level of fighter and Manfredo is simply out of his league in this one. Joe really is getting a lot of S*** for taking this fight and it is well-deserved. He should be taking on top level competitors and other world champions of boxing, not rookies like Peter Manfredo, who in all likelihood, is headed for a good old fashioned a** whuppin. Still, I give the guy props for having the guts to go to Wales and take on an undefeated world champion like Joe, who, from what I understand, handpicked (meaning he already smells blood and sees some kind of weakness in The Pride of Providence that he can take advantage of...whatever it was, there was something that made Joe think this would be an easy fight...oh what am I talking about...it probably WILL be an easy fight for him) Manfredo from a list of potential contenders. Knowing that, it takes balls to go over there and get in the ring with the dude. Prior to this fight, I really didn't think too much of Peter Manfredo. I have a lot more respect for him, and since he's American plus a huge underdog, I'm gonna be rootin for him.
    To be honest with you, after I saw the way he was after beating Joe Spina, I have no respect for this guy whatsoever, and I really think this is going to be a case of teacher coming in to give the naughty boy a hard caning for his previous indiscretions.
    what was he like after beating Spina?didnt see it myself
    Manfredo looked decent finishing Spina off with some big shots, but as the ref waved it off, Manfredo practically leaps over the ref to try and have a go at Spina, and he's yelling at him as Spina's team try to get to their man to check that he's okay. The ref was having to push him back, as Spina was leaning against the corner trying to regain his senses, it looked nasty to me, and not what you want to see after a fight, even if there is bad blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHIHoaSh0ek
    I was lucky enough to meet Peter Manfredo in Newcastle last Saturday , through his Wild Card sparring partner Craig McEwan . He came across as a really nice lad . He was polite and friendly to everyone who spoke to him , signing autographs and posing for photographs . Peter is really up for Calzaghe and genuinely fancies his chances ( which you would expect ) .The real clue was in my chat to Craig . He says that Manfredo`s improvement over the last six weeks has been amazing . There is a general feeling at Wild Card that Manfredo has progressed greatly in the last twelve months and that he is ready to step up in class. They also believe that Lacy was overated and that , anyway , he didn`t turn up against Calzaghe.
    While I take on board all the stuff about Calzaghe being world class , 10 - 1 Manfredo , come on , thats got to be worth a bet !

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh the irony

Irony indeed
    hahaha
    But which punters
    That will be some haggle for home turf mate!
    IF the fight happens it'll happen here

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never really bought into the whole idea that a British fighter, or just a foreign fighter in general, has to come to the United States. Unless he just can't make big fights in his home country, and I don't think that's the case for Calzaghe. He's the man at 168, unless you're talking about a huge name like a Hopkins, then there's no reason for Calzaghe to go anywhere, guys at 168, including Kessler, should come to him.

But this fight is shit, and its coming off of another bullshit fight. Calzaghe's gotta understand that after this he has to step up, even some of his biggest backers on here are obviously getting tired of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis

Their recent comments would suggest otherwise

Now that Joe and Frank are talking about Kessler, and Kessler about Jones Jr, does that make them the good guys and Kessler a twat?

I doubt it.
    Honestly...as for Kess being a twat for wanting Jones? Nope...I read that Kessler was hunting down a big name due to the fact that "the Big Name" had no intentions of manning up.

Trust me...HBO made this shit happen. I hate to put it like this, being a fan of Joe, but saying that Kessler was not a big enough name or that Kessler was not a worthy fight is just bullshit.

Sorry...but it is. You know that & I know that.

Had he (Joe) & Warren made some headway with/against Hopkins or Taylor & taken that fights that would have been one thing...bailing on a Kess fight for a Manfredo fight is just wack.

Again...I am sure that all the pressure from the community as a whole got the ball running against Kess...now I'd be curious to see if Joe could perform to his maximum abilities against the Danish youngin.

I was super gotdam duper impressed with his performance against Lacy. Another one like that or even remotely close would indeed be career defining.

Kessler has a better set of tricks than Lacy does & when power fails him he has a back up plan. I truely believe that power will fail him & he'll have the fight of his life against Joe...but the same could be said of Calzaghe in the end.

It's a great match up that I will be thrilled to see...but I doubt that we get it on the time frame we all are being led to believe.

Joe will fwock his hands up against Manfredo...watch & see.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    I've never really bought into the whole idea that a British fighter, or just a foreign fighter in general, has to come to the United States. Unless he just can't make big fights in his home country, and I don't think that's the case for Calzaghe. He's the man at 168, unless you're talking about a huge name like a Hopkins, then there's no reason for Calzaghe to go anywhere, guys at 168, including Kessler, should come to him.
    I agree. I don't think so either...but when you start saying that you will go over & above the call to make the matches, swim the pond, take the lesser purse, blah blah blah...then do it...don't bullshit us & say that you want it & then don't answer the call.

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    But this fight is S***, and its coming off of another bullshit fight. Calzaghe's gotta understand that after this he has to step up, even some of his biggest backers on here are obviously getting tired of it.
    Very well stated.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lets just be honest here...

if you wanna fight a fighter whos strength was his athletic ability who is now old and not as athletic you are going to have to give him as much money as he wants, or else you never honestley wanted the fight

roy jones was the greatest fighter of all time and even now he would KTFO3 calzahe, but he would have to actually try a little cuz he isnt as fast now, so he should get whatever amount he wants

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    lets just be honest here...

if you wanna fight a fighter whos strength was his athletic ability who is now old and not as athletic you are going to have to give him as much money as he wants, or else you never honestley wanted the fight

roy jones was the greatest fighter of all time and even now he would KTFO3 calzahe, but he would have to actually try a little cuz he isnt as fast now, so he should get whatever amount he wants
    If you think RJJ would KO Joe Calzaghe as his recent performances have suggested, I would request that you share some of that fine strong South American dope you're on. The argument that you should give a big name as much money as he wants to make a fight is bs, cause otherwise we'l just end up with Foreman making a comeback and B-Hop sticking around until he's 50, which he might do anyway. At the end of the day, the champion is the one who should get the biggest cut, because he's champion, and if you've earned the world title, then you've earned the right to take the biggest cut against a fighter who isn't bringing anything but a name to a fight.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly...as for Kess being a twat for wanting Jones? Nope...I read that Kessler was hunting down a big name due to the fact that "the Big Name" had no intentions of manning up.
    Where did you read that?

I read that "The big name" wants the fight but Kessler has now turned his attention to old man Jones Jr, go figure

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information