Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mogens Palle: we want RJJ for Kessler’s US debut this autumn!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mogens Palle: we want RJJ for Kessler’s US debut this autumn!

According to Team Palle’s website they are in serious negotiations about a fight between Mikkel Kessler and Roy Jones Junior this year. Mr. Palle states that they are not going for the money in this fight but only for the exposure, so it could very well end up with small pay-day for Kessler just to get the exposure of fighting US star RJJ. Weight is no issue for Kessler; he will be prepared to fight RJJ at any weight south of cruiser according to Mr. Palle.

Palle says that a major US network is supporting the fight.

What a great fight that could be!

ICB Guest

Default Re: Mogens Palle: we want RJJ for Kessler’s US debut this autumn!

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Beer
    According to Team Palle’s website they are in serious negotiations about a fight between Mikkel Kessler and Roy Jones Junior this year. Mr. Palle states that they are not going for the money in this fight but only for the exposure, so it could very well end up with small pay-day for Kessler just to get the exposure of fighting US star RJJ. Weight is no issue for Kessler; he will be prepared to fight RJJ at any weight south of cruiser according to Mr. Palle.

What a great fight that could be!
    Agreed but hopefully we see Kessler Vs Calzaghe first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I don´t know why Joe continues to call out Roy Jones, Hopkins and these other guys. He should want what the fans want which is that he and I get it on. Joe knows in his heart he cannot beat me!”

- TEAM PALLE (open letter to Frank warren)

Then they call him out??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy aint making 168... and at LightHeavy Roy would be way to much for Kessler... I like Mikkel and think he has tremendous upside and I think he has a bigger heart than Calzaghe... but bad fight for him especially debuting in America with a loss... I certainly rate RJJ higher than Calzaghe even at this stage of his career.. Roy would beat them both no doubt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing on Team Palle`s home site though... April fools
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by G0MEZ
    "I don´t know why Joe continues to call out Roy Jones, Hopkins and these other guys. He should want what the fans want which is that he and I get it on. Joe knows in his heart he cannot beat me!”

Then they call him out??
    That's the first thing that came to mind. And if this is April fools then that is about the worst April fools ever.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Roy aint making 168... and at LightHeavy Roy would be way to much for Kessler... I like Mikkel and think he has tremendous upside and I think he has a bigger heart than Calzaghe... but bad fight for him especially debuting in America with a loss... I certainly rate RJJ higher than Calzaghe even at this stage of his career.. Roy would beat them both no doubt
    Disagree with that i mean Jones got beat by Glen Johnson who isn't in Calzaghe's or Kessler's league skill wise i think Calzaghe would beat Jones at this point in there careers and same with Kessler but in Jones prime he would of beat both by easy ud.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by G0MEZ

Then they call him out??
    someone had to say it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Disagree with that i mean Jones got beat by Glen Johnson who isn't in Calzaghe's or Kessler's league skill wise i think Calzaghe would beat Jones at this point in there careers and same with Kessler but in Jones prime he would of beat both by easy ud.
    Determination and heart are 2 thing Johnson has over both ... No way and hell Calzaghe beats Jones 6 months from now at 175..... I'll give you my car, bike and 3 months of paychecks thats how convinced I am ... Roy has MORE POWER, STILL has better REFLEXES and SPEED than both

Roy has been in with waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better fighters over the years than Calzaghe and Kessler.... Those 2 couldnt say the same

ICB Guest

Determination and heart are 2 thing Johnson has over both ... No way and hell Calzaghe beats Jones 6 months from now at 175..... I'll give you my car, bike and 3 months of paychecks thats how convinced I am ... Roy has MORE POWER, STILL has better REFLEXES and SPEED than both

Roy has been in with waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better fighters over the years than Calzaghe and Kessler.... Those 2 couldnt say the same
    Calzaghe's workrate would be to much for Jones at this point in his career imo and im not sure about Kessler because only seen two of his fights but he would of good shot against Jones aswell imo

But you don't agree thats fine but i honestly believe Jones would be beat by Calzaghe and possibly Kessler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe's workrate would be to much for Jones at this point in his career imo and im not sure about Kessler because only seen two of his fights but he would of good shot against Jones aswell imo

But you don't agree thats fine but i honestly believe Jones would be beat by Calzaghe and possibly Kessler.
    Fair enough Happy Crappy we aint budging on this one Divided we are

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Andrade was Kesslers debut?

Ah! shit! here we go with this rollercoaster shit!

The fight that needs to be made is Kess vs. Joe.... I expect nothing less.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

Andrade was in Denmark.

And you know what's going to happen. Calzaghe wins big. Calls out Kessler. A week later Warren reveals Calzaghe broke his hand and is out for an extended period of time. Kessler takes a fight. Calzaghe heals and takes another fight. And then we start 2008 with Kessler - Calzaghe as the match that has to happen.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

Andrade was in Denmark.

And you know what's going to happen. Calzaghe wins big. Calls out Kessler. A week later Warren reveals Calzaghe broke his hand and is out for an extended period of time. Kessler takes a fight. Calzaghe heals and takes another fight. And then we start 2008 with Kessler - Calzaghe as the match that has to happen.
    Right I should have been more specific, Andrade was Kess debut on TV...
    But I see what they mean as far as soil....

Still I expect nothing less then Kess vs. Joe....

Thread Information