Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Virgil Hill "superman"

It's my belief that Virgil Hill is not "over the hill" and will SMASH all the boxing records before he is done.
    Thats a fighter who truely lives and breaths the sport.

I boxed with him in the same regional and national tourneys and I remember the focus. He wasn't even the best fighter at the time, but his focus brought him to the point where the right trainers took hold and brought out of him what he is doing today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Virgil Hill "superman"

Virgil is a good fighter but all fighters are well focuses. One guy who faced Virgil Hill and beat him the first time as a professional was Thomas Hearns, who had complete focus. Name a fighter who is not focused and I will name you a contender but not a champion. He has smashed records, but at this point Virgil Hill is a good fighter, but too old to make a real impact in beating the cream of the crop. I hear he wants to face his old foe Thomas Hearns again. That would be a terrible mistake. Sure he could beat Hearns now and probably will, Tommy is 49 years old in October, but that is not revenge really. Revenge would have been to beat Tommy a year after they fought in 1991. Tommy is completely finished now almost. The only thing Hearns has left is a decent left jab and an ok right hand, although his power seems to be gone also since he went 9 and 10 rounds with both the guys he fought in 2005 and 2006 John Long and Shannon Landberg. So Virgil would beat Tommy now but who cares. And if he does not face an over the hill opponent like a senior Tommy Hearns, who can he beat? No one. He has a great counter left hook and a good jab but he is over the hill also. Hearns and Hill should retire. Hearns should have retired 10 years ago. Hill should have 2 years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He already holds about 4 or 5 all time records
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Virgil is great no doubt about it. He has accomplished alot and is a great fighter, and ironically the first guy to beat him Thomas Hearns never really got the acclaim for beating Virgil . Duran got more acclaim for beating Barkley in 1989 and Barkley was beaten by alot of people. Virgil was not. Virgil is a real legend. Has to be thought of one now.

Thread Information