Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Maskaev To Fight Peter!

Quote Originally Posted by plinden
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Quote Originally Posted by plinden
    What in Peter's "style" do you think presents problems for Maskaev? What advantages does he have?
    Sam is younger, bigger, stronger, and he LOVES to throw his hands.

The style of Sam Peter is big power punches all night long...Sam won't wait for his shot, (like Rahman did) he'll make his own shot!

Oleg is used to weathering power punches and I just worry about that in this match up....Oleg is good with the right cross and it's quicker than people give him credit for....it's great for countering slow jabs but I don't think Peter will plan to jab slow because the right cross will follow it. Sam will get in tight and he'll throw hooks and it's going to take lots of movement from Maskaev to have that strategy NOT work for Sam Peter and as old as Maskaev is I just don't think he has it in his legs or in his chin to take that for 12 rounds.

No offense to either fighter
    Thanks good answer. I see. You think that Oleg will not have the mind or feet to stay mobile but will allow Peter to swing, hook and clubber.
    Perhaps Oleg is a bit too slow to avoid Peter.

I think though that Oleg will 100% surely hit Peter squarely in the face with his straighter punches. Its going to feel very different from the TOney fight, and I agree that the jab that Peter used against Toney may not serve him against much taller Oleg who is sure to hit a right over it. The man with the straighter punches wins.

In either case it will be fascinating to see how the fight will develop. For both fighters Everything is at stake. Great matchup! I dont think Peter is ready, but you made some good points.

The reason I can't get behind Peter is mainly his lack of precision and crispness. I feel sorry for him not taking the MILLIONS because a loss against Oleg will set him back alot.
    Actually, having watched Peter, I must say that he doesnt look like a good boxer to me at all. He has ONE ko the last 5 fights and has never kod a toplevel guy. So why Oleg?

By the way: WTF happened to OLEG in the Whittacker fight? Its was weird. He collapsed from a couple of decent punches, but we have all seen him take much more punishment than that. and How could Corey Trex beat him?

hopefullly he has learnt alot from those debacles.

My absolute DREAM:

Peter loses against Maskaev and decides to fight Corrie Sanders in an Elimination Bout. Bang, bang, bang, Corrie faces Briggs for the belt; then: WK vs Corrie II. media says that its a missmatch...
    Corrie comes in at a relatively trim 234. He has been sparring with Lennox Lewis and a tough physical coach. WK peppers Corrie w left jabs and carefully moves away from his left, Sanders appears tired and hurt, WK pins him against the ropes, and ..where did come from?... WK staggers backwards on stiff legs, Corrie lets it all hang out, WK tries to clinch, but falls to one knee... referee counts... WK is up... and well perhaps he weathers the storm and wins in the 10th w a tko, or Corrie manages to tag him as often as he tagged Vitali (just w few times) but with more effect...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somehow someone talked WK into a Sanders WK II. Perhaps after WK Brewster.

In WKs head as the first left hand hits his head: "Why the %^*&(* am I the ring with that guy again!!! "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

KO both Klitschkos hell peter had his hands full with a short,fat Middleweight.I see him having a tough time with any of the top ten in the WBC,WBA,IBF and WBO.His chin and power got him this far now he has to box and we all know when he gets tagged a few times he reverts back to his old style.
    Most everyone would have problems with one of the best defensive fighters of all time. You're not being very even handed, dude. And unless Peter really improves his boxing and defensive skills, I don't think he has a shot of either of the brothers unless he catches them with a blow they don't see coming.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Thread Information