Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Maskaev To Fight Peter!

sometime before August and the winner will fight Vitali. Looks like Oleg will never get to fight Vitali after all.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Maskaev To Fight Peter!

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    sometime before August and the winner will fight Vitali. Looks like Oleg will never get to fight Vitali after all.
    I agree with you on that. I think Peter is going to put a hurting on Oleg. And then personally I think Peter will also beat Vitali. I'm really glad peter didn't take the step aside money from Vitali, He earned the right to fight for the title now go claim your title Peter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only question i have is if Vitali wants to fight the not so beatable Peter instead of Oleg. I think Vitali only wanted to fight Maskaev because hes thought it would be an easy win. I think he stays retired when Peter wins.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only question i have is if Vitali wants to fight the not so beatable Peter instead of Oleg. I think Vitali only wanted to fight Maskaev because hes thought it would be an easy win. I think he stays retired when Peter wins.
    Nail on the head there. It would suc to come out of retirement just to get KOed by Peter.LOL

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

get ko'd by peter Sorry just not gonna happen, if vitali is even half of the old him. I mean the man has a fockin awesome chin, lenox whom isn't a slapper himself pounded him with some bombs and he didn't go down, only the cuts fucked it up for him. I don't think peter would land as many shots on vitali to cut him up so bad and force a stopage. If anyone stops anyone in this fight then it's vitali fockin peter up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Congratulations Team Peter for sticking to their convictions, turning down a big fat cheque and chasing greatness.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats great because now peter gets to fight vitali and beat him and then take on wladamir and hopefully beat him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea good news, I just gained a ton of respect for Peter in sticking to his guns and excersising the right to fight for a title in which he worked his a$$ of for.

I like Vitali but like someone mentioned, I'm curious to see if he stays retired now or does he wait to fight the winner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice! I'm glad that this worked out for Peter and didn't fall into the hands of the cronies surrounding this circus. Why would Vitali come out of retirement now? There is no purpose. All the hype was about a fight between Maskaev and Klitschko in Russia. That's where all the cash was at. Now that it's gone, there is only lots of risk and no reward for Klitschko. He can't fight the man that previously stopped him in the amateurs and he really doesn't have that much to gain if he was able to pull out a win against Peter.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why would Maskaev not fight Vitali after the Peter fight? He is taller, fitter and far more experienced I can't see how he could lose to a short, limited opponent.

It will be like the Tua fight, only Peter is not fast enough to get lucky with a big punch. And Maskaev is more seasoned and endlessly tough these days.

Seriously, Peter has Never met anyone with the grit, power, size, endurance and experience of Oleg.

go OLEG a real hero!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ds91
    thats great because now peter gets to fight vitali and beat him and then take on wladamir and hopefully beat him

What is the matter with you guys? You think Peter will KO Oleg? That is funny.

Peter couldnt KO Charles Shufford, nor Robert Hawkins, nor Juvo Pudar, Marion Wilson, WK, JT, ... but somehow, because he found away to beat a short fat middle aged middle weight he is on Maskaev's level?

What exactly is he going to do against Maskaev? a) KO him? Not very likely at all given his record, b) outjab him? A much shorter fighter rarely outjabs a taller one, if he tries then the Oleg right over the jab... c) outlast Oleg... you must be kiddin, d) out grit oleg? no they are both tough, e) ... I simply don't know.

What is it you think he will do? I suppose (a) KO Oleg. But the evidence that this will happen is not very strong. Its always possible, but the only people Peter has KO'd have been second tier fighters. So apart from that what is it that gives you this confidence?

I actually feel sorry for Peter.

He will fall so so so low, when late, the 12th perhaps, he stumbles to the canvas out of exhaustation as Oleg repeatedly pummels him with atavistically brutal right hands. then what? He could have taken MILLIONS sitting in his own beach condo preparing for a far more excuscable loss against Vitali.

This is the truth of the matter. He would have lasted perhaps 12 rounds against Vitali, bleeding from his face and losing on all cards bc of VK jab points. But that would still have been another step to recognition. Now... (and by the way I doubt that Peter is less than 32)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by plinden

Why would Maskaev not fight Vitali after the Peter fight? He is taller, fitter and far more experienced I can't see how he could lose to a short, limited opponent.

It will be like the Tua fight, only Peter is not fast enough to get lucky with a big punch. And Maskaev is more seasoned and endlessly tough these days.

Seriously, Peter has Never met anyone with the grit, power, size, endurance and experience of Oleg.

go OLEG a real hero!
    Well Vitali has been inactive, Peter is in his prime is always ready to fight all twelve rounds...and Maskaev is experienced but he can be KOd by amost any of the top ten in the division, Vitali isnt the only one who can beat him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is funny.
    Its seems people forget that samuel peter was completely DOMINATED against wlad. I mean, 3 knockdowns(by punches to the back of the head), and he still got beat convincingly. What in the world do you think Vitali Klitschko will do to him? peter is one dimensional, his last fight with james toney Showed me nothing, except that punching behind the head is still a major weapon for him. IF the fight with maskaev goes through, and they have a Competent ref, peter loses the fight. Samuel peter to some, is an exciting fighter, because of wild swing, his power punch, and impressive knockouts over no names (Jeremy Williams was a devastating KO but, it was Jeremy Williams). Samuel peter has not impressed me at all as a contender, he has beaten No one to me that would prove otherwise. Yes i am a klitschko (brothers) fan, but more than that i am a boxing fan. And i call it how i see it, you may hate it, but someone please give me the list of fighters Samuel peter has fought that would make my argument false.

I did not have an issue with klitschko getting his shot over peter ( more interesting fight, better for boxing "Globally", and im a klitschko fan). He was given this champion emeritus status way before peter was even making a dent in the division, and being given this status he was able to use it at ANY time, it might suck for a guy who fought someone twice, paid sanctioning fee's twice, and not get the shot. Yea i would be pissed too, but, I would not cry foul play like camp peter was doing. Thats just being a baby. But now we dont have to worry about it, peter gets his shot, if he wins Great for him, if he loses Great for maskaev.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    this is funny.
    Its seems people forget that samuel peter was completely DOMINATED against wlad. I mean, 3 knockdowns(by punches to the back of the head), and he still got beat convincingly. What in the world do you think Vitali Klitschko will do to him? peter is one dimensional, his last fight with james toney Showed me nothing, except that punching behind the head is still a major weapon for him. IF the fight with maskaev goes through, and they have a Competent ref, peter loses the fight. Samuel peter to some, is an exciting fighter, because of wild swing, his power punch, and impressive knockouts over no names (Jeremy Williams was a devastating KO but, it was Jeremy Williams). Samuel peter has not impressed me at all as a contender, he has beaten No one to me that would prove otherwise. Yes i am a klitschko (brothers) fan, but more than that i am a boxing fan. And i call it how i see it, you may hate it, but someone please give me the list of fighters Samuel peter has fought that would make my argument false.

I did not have an issue with klitschko getting his shot over peter ( more interesting fight, better for boxing "Globally", and im a klitschko fan). He was given this champion emeritus status way before peter was even making a dent in the division, and being given this status he was able to use it at ANY time, it might suck for a guy who fought someone twice, paid sanctioning fee's twice, and not get the shot. Yea i would be pissed too, but, I would not cry foul play like camp peter was doing. Thats just being a baby. But now we dont have to worry about it, peter gets his shot, if he wins Great for him, if he loses Great for maskaev.
    I agree. Have you seen Peter box? His aim is so off its funny. Maskaev will toy with him.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by plinden
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    this is funny.

I agree. Have you seen Peter box? His aim is so off its funny. Maskaev will toy with him.
    Yeah...Maskaev got KO'd by Kirk Johnson, Lance Whitaker and the black Corey Sanders, and somehow Peter can't knock him out?! BS. Maskaev is a tuff guy, and good fighter, he deserves respect, but he is old, mechanical, and will have a very tough time fending off Sam Peter for 12 rounds. As far as Vitali goes, I'll have to see how Peter does against Maskaev, but I figure Peter to beat him. His chin is not great, it just looks that way compared to his brother. Fat ass Corey Sanders had him wobbled BIG TIME, and he was lucky the fatty didn't have the wind to finish him. Peter is quite capable of knocking out Vitali and Maskaev, even if Charles Shufford went the distance wit him a few years back.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information