Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default John Murray To Amir Khan: "Put up or Shut up"

Murray, promoted by Mick Hennessy like Thaxton, has dismissed his claims as an insult. But the WBC Youth Champion is willing to give Khan the opportunity to back up his boast by facing him in his next contest.

Murray, 22, won the Boxing Writers "Young Boxer of the Year Award" for 2006, and is set to gain valuable experience and exposure by fighting on the undercard of the Oscar De La Hoya-Floyd Mayweather mega-fight in Las Vegas on May 5.

"I have called you out before. I will defend against you no problem. We are both young and the same weight. Stop talking rubbish! Put up or shut up. I was the first British fighter to win the WBC World Youth Title. It's a title designed for fighters who will go on to win full honours like Khan is saying he will do."

"I've heard he's mad to fight in Vegas, so why not fight me on May 5th. I would mow him down inside the distance."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: John Murray To Amir Khan: "Put up or Shut up"

Good that someone called him out.

Khan may come back with "Who is John Murray?" or after his US debut he'll say "I'm looking to make a splash in the US and no one's heard of John Murray"

Or something like that..
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty

Khan may come back with "Who is John Murray?" or after his US debut he'll say "I'm looking to make a splash in the US and no one's heard of John Murray"

Or something like that..
    bit harsh claiming Khan will say all these things when he hasn't exactly ducked or hid from anyone? Jesus the fucking kid has only just started boxing, and whilst he may be a bit to ouspoken (blame the british public for over hypinghim) its a bit early to jump on the hate bang wagon isn't it?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme

Or something like that..
    bit harsh claiming Khan will say all these things when he hasn't exactly ducked or hid from anyone? Jesus the F****** kid has only just started boxing, and whilst he may be a bit to ouspoken (blame the british public for over hypinghim) its a bit early to jump on the hate bang wagon isn't it?

well said my friend cc for that.but i am glad murray has picked up the gauntlet,that would be a good fight for 3 rounds.also if you issue a challenge and somebody accepts then you are duty bound to fight them.if only..........
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme

Khan may come back with "Who is John Murray?"  or after his US debut he'll say "I'm looking to make a splash in the US and no one's heard of John Murray"

Or something like that..
    bit harsh claiming Khan will say all these things when he hasn't exactly ducked or hid from anyone? Jesus the fucking kid has only just started boxing, and whilst he may be a bit to ouspoken (blame the british public for over hypinghim) its a bit early to jump on the hate bang wagon isn't it?

Um no.  Did you see the other topic I was postign about Khan saying that these people aren't good enough to be fighting him and he may just ignore them from now on?

You should look at my post about Khan getting cocky, so it aint out of the question he wouldn't talk like that.

I won't sad click you though, you got your opinion, I got mine.

But when Khan says things like

"I have only had 11 fights and I know I can beat the likes of Graham Earl and Kevin Mitchell already.

"So when I have had 20 fights I will be so much more experienced they will not be able to touch me."

"I will be such a level above them that they won’t be able to fight me because the boxing world will not let them. "

"You had better tell these guys to get things sorted quickly otherwise they are never going to get the chance."

"Guys like Earl are the ones I want to be fighting now because I want to shut up a lot of people who think I am not good enough yet. I just know I can beat them already.

So it's not out of the question Khan would say the things I said he may say. YOU may think he's still a baby in this game btu apparently HE doesn't think so.

Thats why I got my opinion of him
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murray has a good point, although his 2006 was more sizzle than steak. I'm pretty sure this fight won't happen for a long time, but if they put that on in Vegas that would be absolutley amazing, and it would definatly sell Oscar v Floyd in this country.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i work with a fella called john murray

but hes short fat and has curley hair
    I'm the real pretty boy

Thread Information