Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tightfisted Oscar does a 'Don King' on Kasim Ouma

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article11849.html

Oscar shows his true colours in offering Kasim Ouma just $50,000 to fight on his undercard.

Ouma is also unhappy that he took $150,000 of his purse from the Taylor fight claiming he 'owed' it to him.

Can't say I'm suprised in the slightest as I've always felt Oscar is the greediest, most manipulative and fake fighter out there but always good to see some proof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tightfisted Oscar does a 'Don King' on Kasim Ouma

That is incredibaly low for Ouma but I think there is more to it than that. Plus Oscar is the CEO of Golden Boy and not the whole company hes been in training an im sure he has a staff that handles the brokering and negotiations with the fighters. Im sure Ouma will still do business with GBP
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ODLH will forever be seen as the bad guy, anytime something goes wrong around him.
    Now I know $50,000 is not a lot of money and by any means Am I trying to justify this acusation, but Ouma IMO should make the best of it. This is ODLH vs. PBF 'The World Awaits' does he not realize that. He needs to look at the bigger picture here if he puts on a great show on the card it could raise his stock back up which he really needs cause people aren't intrerested him as they were before.
    I mean the kids lost so much ever since his defeat to Karmazin he really hasn't been able to establish himself again, I still don't know why he moved up to fight JT that move just does not make any sense to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good points rawberto, but god damn 50 grand?? bro i posted a thread not to long ago and asked everyone what they'd do with an extra 50grand and no one could give me a good response haahha

i think OUMA deserves atleast 6 figures at least dont u agree? i mean this gonna make bizillions of dollars and all.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article11849.html

Oscar shows his true colours in offering Kasim Ouma just $50,000 to fight on his undercard.

Ouma is also unhappy that he took $150,000 of his purse from the Taylor fight claiming he 'owed' it to him.

Can't say I'm suprised in the slightest as I've always felt Oscar is the greediest, most manipulative and fake fighter out there but always good to see some proof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HMMM....Something is missing from that story we don't know about...

As Boom Boom said DLH handles little of the contract and pricing negotiations...He has a whole staff of people that handle that.....

No matter what that kind of money is something even the prelim guy's could make on a card this big so there has to be missing pieces to the whole story
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    good points rawberto, but god damn 50 grand?? bro i posted a thread not to long ago and asked everyone what they'd do with an extra 50grand and no one could give me a good response haahha

i think OUMA deserves atleast 6 figures at least dont u agree? i mean this gonna make bizillions of dollars and all.
    People don't get paid what they DESERVE, they get paid what they negotiate. And in my opinion getting 50k for a nights work isn't too bad. That's more than many make in a yr. He is making a fair living doing what he loves. If it's an undercard fight against a tuneup opponent 50k wouldn't be a bad payday.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame

People don't get paid what they DESERVE, they get paid what they negotiate. And in my opinion getting 50k for a nights work isn't too bad. That's more than many make in a yr. He is making a fair living doing what he loves. If it's an undercard fight against a tuneup opponent 50k wouldn't be a bad payday.
    Yep its just a nights work, no training is involved...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wasnt the offer to fight mosley? or am i mistaken. if it was, that is definitely no tune up, that is a likely loss for ouma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

50k is a lot of money but it is low no matter how you chop it up considering Oumas status,the fight status,and his fan base ...
    Oscar doesnt sit down and draw up contracts,etc...but I gurantee that he approved it after Ouma complained.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

$50,000 dollars in UK money is about £25,000 the national average yearly wage.

BUT Ouma is a former world champion, a professional boxer at the elite level of his profession. Also any fight, no matter who the opponent comes with a risk.

He might lose, he might get injured, he may look bad in winning and his appeal gets diminished. Also he has to hire a cutman, a trainer, possibly pay medical expenses, and certainly have to pay the taxman.

It's not worth it for him no matter how you look at it.

Somebody stacking shelves at Walmart might be exceedingly happy to make $50,000 dollars for a nights work, I'm sure Anthony Bonsante would be all over that money, but the chairman of the company would consider it an insult.

You can't pay a top level athlete, a former world champion the same wage as a warehouse packer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Ouma was fighting on a card that he was a headliner, it would be a little different. The tickets for this fight are already sold. No one is buying a ticket to see Ouma. He would be getting a ton of publicity and most likely this would be a glorified sparring match. Not saying it's a great deal, but I would take that fight before I sat and did nothing. That would be a keep busy fight, not a showcase. They are trying to fill the card and get their guys some fights and keep them busy.

No way they are putting Mosley vs Ouma on the same card. This would definitely be a tuneup type of fight. Again you gotta look at the big picture. Ouma isn't in a commanding position, he's dangerous and coming off a loss. No title, no real reason to fight him and he's high risk. As far as training.... He should be training anyway. Most guys stay in the gym and wait to get a fight lined up. If it's a comeback tuneup fight, this isn't a bad deal.

My point, he's probably in the gym anyway. And he will get more people watching him fight on this under card than any of the fights he's been in. Some people have to pay to expose their business, he would get paid to get big exposure. It's not a bad deal. You can't take the purse from championship fight in which you were the main event and use that as your basis for what you should make in an undercard.

Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Ouma was fighting on a card that he was a headliner, it would be a little different. The tickets for this fight are already sold. No one is buying a ticket to see Ouma. He would be getting a ton of publicity and most likely this would be a glorified sparring match. Not saying it's a great deal, but I would take that fight before I sat and did nothing. That would be a keep busy fight, not a showcase. They are trying to fill the card and get their guys some fights and keep them busy.

No way they are putting Mosley vs Ouma on the same card. This would definitely be a tuneup type of fight. Again you gotta look at the big picture. Ouma isn't in a commanding position, he's dangerous and coming off a loss. No title, no real reason to fight him and he's high risk. As far as training.... He should be training anyway. Most guys stay in the gym and wait to get a fight lined up. If it's a comeback tuneup fight, this isn't a bad deal.

My point, he's probably in the gym anyway. And he will get more people watching him fight on this under card than any of the fights he's been in. Some people have to pay to expose their business, he would get paid to get big exposure. It's not a bad deal. You can't take the purse from championship fight in which you were the main event and use that as your basis for what you should make in an undercard.

But there is a principle at stake. If somebody offers you a raw deal your personal integrity should ensure you refuse the deal, whether it would benefit you or not.

To my mind whether Ouma could make $50,000 easy money for a night's work is irrelevent. He's worth more and certainly doesn't want to give accept a subpar offer from his promoter, doubtless opening up the possibility of being shafted again and again further down the line.

He's refused the fight and publicly said he's not happy, that will hopefully stop him being screwed in the future. Otherwise he could end up like Tim Witherpsoon did with Don King.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

C for the news although I don't think we can blame Oscar entirely,the guy is busy training,I doubt he is handling all his fighters at the same time,that must be delegated to someone else surely?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    C for the news although I don't think we can blame Oscar entirely,the guy is busy training,I doubt he is handling all his fighters at the same time,that must be delegated to someone else surely?
    You really think an ego-maniacal, money grabbing, dominating, materialistic, dictatorial, all controlling living 'god' like Oscar De La Hoya isn't in full control of every aspect of his business, career and life in general El Gamo?

As Jesus Christ himself said 'Not a bird in the trees dies and falls to the ground without my Father knowing about it'

So it is with the 'Saint' Oscar.

Thread Information