[stream=20,20]http://davesworld56.250free.com/MonsterGrowl.wav[/stream]

Peter Moan-fredo bitches after loss

By Ant Evans:
http://www.secondsout.com/news/index...s=534&cs=21800

He may have impersonated a peace protester in the ring Saturday night, but after getting beaten inside three rounds by Joe Calzaghe, Peter Moan-Fredo suddenly found some aggression. Only, it was with words and silly, unconvincing tough-guy talk.

The hopelessly overmatched Moan-Fredo barely threw a punch in anger at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium, much less land one against the fighting machine known as Joe Calzaghe. The undersized American looked like Frodo Baggins next to the Welshman and fought about as well.

However, he sure had a lot of fire once back on the safe side of the ropes.

First, the New Yorker moaned about the stoppage by referee Terry O’Connor.

"Of course, it was premature," he said. "It was ridiculous. Anybody who thinks that isn’t crazy is retarded. Did you see my legs buckle? The referee didn’t even say, ’Throw some punches back or I’m going to stop it.’“

The consensus view is that the stoppage was premature, especially as many of Calzaghe’s trademarked super-fast arm punches were hitting the ‘challenger’ on the gloves. However, if the American had any real experience outside that rubbish reality show, he would have known that, essentially, Calzaghe was conning the referee into calling the stoppage in the manner Roy Jones Junior has done throughout his career.

Yet Moan-Fredo was too inexperienced and out of his depth to realise what was happening.

In mixed martial arts, fights get stopped when either fighter is not ‘intelligently defending’ himself against a series of punches. And covering your face with your gloves hoping the punches would stop - like Moan-Fredo did Saturday night - is not an intelligent defense and, even in boxing, invites the offical’s intervention.

"It was just a 10-second barrage,” Moan-Fredo claimed of the non-stop shower of blows. “But I wasn’t hurt. I’m in so much shock because I can’t believe he stopped it. In America they’re not going to stop it like that, they’re going to make you fight.”

Yeah, well, in America - specifically the New York offices of HBO - they thought this would be a competitive fight, too.

"This is boxing, man, the professionals,” said Moan-Fredo after his amateur performance . “The referee has no right to stop the fight like that.”

But if the referee’s performance was poor, Moan-Fredo’s was pathetic. He looked completely overawed by the occasion and jolted out of his wits by Calzaghe’s speed and skill-set. It’s really quite sad the American, after such an arse-kicking, can’t now give credit where it is due.

Instead: "Why hasn’t Calzaghe fought in America yet?" Would Jermain Taylor be great if he fought all his fights in Arkansas? No. You’ve got to fight other places and go to other people’s home towns, take the crowd and win there. That’s how you become great.

"You can’t fight in your backyard every fight and expect to be great. If he wants to fight Jermain Taylor he should fight him in the States - at Madison Square Garden in New York. Let him go and do it."

For some, Calzaghe still has come convincing to do on the question of whether he is truly one of the greats or not.

However, surely, he has convinced Moan-Fredo with that effortless beating at the weekend.

[stream=20,20]http://www.terrorterrace.homestead.com/files/Wav/Ghost2.wav[/stream]