Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PBF's bad habits of consuming JUNK FOOD even while training????

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PBF's bad habits of consuming JUNK FOOD even while training????

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    He is fine.... I'm sure he eats healthy in addition to the fatty foods, its actually good for your metabolism to mix it up on ocassion. again Floyd runs and trains like a demon this will have no affect on him unless he gets so unreasonable with it and stops training at the volume he currently does
    well bro i didnt question his integrity to training we all know he pretty much is the most hard core in training 247. ive seen his open workouts. what im concerned about is the actual junk food and that alone. the human body is just not tolerable of the junk food especially as the older you get, you should know bro i think your a couple years even older than me. you cant lie and tell me you havent experienced what im talking about first hand?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO A "bad habit" is only bad if it is detrimental to your in ring work. I was surprised as hell to hear Mayweather admit that he indulges in Junk food while training, but unlike guys like Toney, Duran, ect, I've never seen evidence in any of his fights that this is hurting him. He always has superhuman stamina and seems to have the energy to fight 30 rounds if need be.

As weird as I think it is for the worlds best fighter to be eating junk food, until I see it actually hurt him in the ring I won't say shit about it. He knows what he's doing.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    He is fine.... I'm sure he eats healthy in addition to the fatty foods, its actually good for your metabolism to mix it up on ocassion. again Floyd runs and trains like a demon this will have no affect on him unless he gets so unreasonable with it and stops training at the volume he currently does
    well bro i didnt question his integrity to training we all know he pretty much is the most hard core in training 247. ive seen his open workouts. what im concerned about is the actual junk food and that alone. the human body is just not tolerable of the junk food especially as the older you get, you should know bro i think your a couple years even older than me. you cant lie and tell me you havent experienced what im talking about first hand?
    Yea I understand what you saying but as it sits now Floyd is fine.. When your young the vital organs are strong and able to withstand that kind of intake, and couple that with his helacious fitness routines and it becomes a non-issue..thats all I'm saying brutha In a years if he starts looking like Rick James than I'll scream the same things you are

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It could be his secret training technique...If you can go 12 rounds after eating junk food. Then you eat nice and healthy a week before the fight and feel like a million bucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea I understand what you saying but as it sits now Floyd is fine.. When your young the vital organs are strong and able to withstand that kind of intake, and couple that with his helacious fitness routines and it becomes a non-issue..thats all I'm saying brutha In a years if he starts looking like Rick James than I'll scream the same things you are
    haahah RICK JAMES BIIIIIIIIIIIOTCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    It could be his secret training technique...If you can go 12 rounds after eating junk food. Then you eat nice and healthy a week before the fight and feel like a million bucks.
    thats interesting bro! but for me personally if i ate like crap forever and then all of a sudden ate healthy(high fiber/high vitamins/high nutrition) that usually translates into LAXITIVE CITY to be honest you'll be shittttttting like no tommorrow son! thats usually how the human body operates?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    You make it sound as if your concerned about his health... You do realize that 99.99% of the people on this earth have no idea what it is like to train like MAyweather, or any professional athlete, let alone boxers.. I mean look at him, the guy has trouble getting his weight UP to welter, now he's moving up again and plans to retire soon.. Who gives a damn what crap he want's to eat, if he can do it and still have basically no fat on him, then good for him.. And like someone else said Im sure any time he ever touches junk food he makes a big spectacle of it so that people will think he can do whatever he likes... It's not like he's missing out on nutritional food.
    dude one can look completely healthy and even as impressive as PBF on the outside, but its what is inside you that counts man. theres a reason why i posted all the stats of what all the other champs ate as their training diet. i guess you really missed the whole point of that son.

im not PBF's nutritionist, nor his trainer so obviously i dont know the full story. but what i do know is from all the open workouts ive seen, and from what everyone says about him is that he eats crap junkfood like no tommorrow.

your obviously a younger dude huh? cuz as you get older in age you really would identify with what im refering too. some get it sooner than others. for me it was when i hit about age 24-25 or so.
    I got exactly what you were saying man.. And as far as your posting what all the other fighters ate, I'm sure Floyd eats tons of the same healthy foods as they do, for his staple meals.. Tell me though, out of all those boxers you listed diets of, that are in your view healthier than floyd, why then, have not ONE of them been as consistent over their career as Floyd has... I mean to post what Ricky Hatton eats for breakfast and then use it to compare against Mayweathers diet seems kind of odd considering Hatton is the one who baloons up 80 lbs and look's like a fat ass in between fights.. Im sure there's something he's eating besides pasta, chicken and vegetables Same deal with all the other fighters... Nigel Benn, Ricardo Lopez, Norton, Ottke... None of those guys were as consistently in shape and prepared for fights as Mayweather is.... I'm sure if in 20 years FM wanted to contribute his 2 cents to a diet book like the one you read he wouldn't tell them, "yeah I ate lots of junk food in training, lots of Burger King". So how do you know any of those fighters didn't?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same deal with all the other fighters... Nigel Benn, Ricardo Lopez, Norton, Ottke... None of those guys were as consistently in shape and prepared for fights as Mayweather is....
    With the exception of Lopez, he was ALWAYS ready and in shape to fight untill his last fights where he had no choice but to make the Min. weight and fight Alvarez a second time.
    Other then that he was an exceptional fighter.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TheBESTP4P,
    I just realized something after reading this thread and p4pkings last post.

You 1st said the title of the book was 'Workouts From Boxings Greatest Champs'
    there was a book that came out a couple years ago............. it was titled hmmmmm: WORKOUTS FROM BOXING'S GREATEST CHAMPS
    You then said the book was copyrighted in 2005
    its all good i found it, Copywright 2005 actually
    By looking at the list of names you put and the ones you posted one by one I find it a bit strange that Iran Barkley, Frank Bruno & Chris Byrd would make it on a book about 'The GREATEST CHAMPS'
    in the book it had the daily routines and diets of: Iran Barkley, Frank Bruno, Ken Buchanan, Chris Byrd, etc etc etc
    Further more I saw Ricky Hatton listed.
    in the book it had the daily routines and diets of: Ricky Hatton etc etc etc
    Now Hatton became the IBF Champ in June of 2005 this would mean a few things.

A) The book was written after June in order for it to have Hatton on it as Hatton wasn't a Champ. prior to that.

B) This has got to be the fastest book ever written with 6 months.

C) Hhow did they determine/choose Hatton as a GREAT Champ. if he by June he was only the WBU Champ. hardly a belt that a GREAT champ would have to be in a book along side Ali and others.

I'm really interested in this book, I've searched amazon, barnes & noble and borders none of those places have the book, can you give me more info. on this?
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aaron Pryor: I had dinner around 5:00pm. I always had good, nutritious food, like chicken and vegetables, with water and coffee

breakfast: i usually had scrambled eggs, cereal, coffee and water. i would then have a sleep before going to the gym.
    That was a good book. I remember one of the boxers, i think Aaron Pryor sayed he hardly sparred at all and left his aggression all for the fights. Correct me if im wrong about who it was but i found that interesting
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only one I've been able to find doesn't have Hatton, Bruno, Barkley, Buchanan.
    and it was copyrighted 2004 so even more no reason to have Hatton on it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    TheBESTP4P,
    I just realized something after reading this thread and p4pkings last post.

You 1st said the title of the book was 'Workouts From Boxings Greatest Champs'
    there was a book that came out a couple years ago............. it was titled hmmmmm: WORKOUTS FROM BOXING'S GREATEST CHAMPS
    You then said the book was copyrighted in 2005
    its all good i found it, Copywright 2005 actually
    By looking at the list of names you put and the ones you posted one by one I find it a bit strange that Iran Barkley, Frank Bruno & Chris Byrd would make it on a book about 'The GREATEST CHAMPS'
    in the book it had the daily routines and diets of: Iran Barkley, Frank Bruno, Ken Buchanan, Chris Byrd, etc etc etc
    Further more I saw Ricky Hatton listed.
    in the book it had the daily routines and diets of: Ricky Hatton etc etc etc
    Now Hatton became the IBF Champ in June of 2005 this would mean a few things.

A) The book was written after June in order for it to have Hatton on it as Hatton wasn't a Champ. prior to that.

B) This has got to be the fastest book ever written with 6 months.

C) Hhow did they determine/choose Hatton as a GREAT Champ. if he by June he was only the WBU Champ. hardly a belt that a GREAT champ would have to be in a book along side Ali and others.

I'm really interested in this book, I've searched amazon, barnes & noble and borders none of those places have the book, can you give me more info. on this?
    Thanks.
    I'd love a link to this book so I can change up my diet and routine... Same ol S*** gets boring after a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hahaha to all you biotchez 2 words: YOUR WELCOME! o DE NADA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey rawberto ill just give u my copy of the book next time i run thru so cal, if u can please upload some badassss fight onto my ipod, cuz these business trip flights are starting to kill me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You make it sound as if your concerned about his health... You do realize that 99.99% of the people on this earth have no idea what it is like to train like MAyweather, or any professional athlete, let alone boxers.. I mean look at him, the guy has trouble getting his weight UP to welter, now he's moving up again and plans to retire soon.. Who gives a damn what crap he want's to eat, if he can do it and still have basically no fat on him, then good for him.. And like someone else said Im sure any time he ever touches junk food he makes a big spectacle of it so that people will think he can do whatever he likes... It's not like he's missing out on nutritional food.
    dude one can look completely healthy and even as impressive as PBF on the outside, but its what is inside you that counts man. theres a reason why i posted all the stats of what all the other champs ate as their training diet. i guess you really missed the whole point of that son.

im not PBF's nutritionist, nor his trainer so obviously i dont know the full story. but what i do know is from all the open workouts ive seen, and from what everyone says about him is that he eats crap junkfood like no tommorrow.

your obviously a younger dude huh? cuz as you get older in age you really would identify with what im refering too. some get it sooner than others. for me it was when i hit about age 24-25 or so.
    I got exactly what you were saying man.. And as far as your posting what all the other fighters ate, I'm sure Floyd eats tons of the same healthy foods as they do, for his staple meals.. Tell me though, out of all those boxers you listed diets of, that are in your view healthier than floyd, why then, have not ONE of them been as consistent over their career as Floyd has... I mean to post what Ricky Hatton eats for breakfast and then use it to compare against Mayweathers diet seems kind of odd considering Hatton is the one who baloons up 80 lbs and look's like a fat a** in between fights.. Im sure there's something he's eating besides pasta, chicken and vegetables Same deal with all the other fighters... Nigel Benn, Ricardo Lopez, Norton, Ottke... None of those guys were as consistently in shape and prepared for fights as Mayweather is.... I'm sure if in 20 years FM wanted to contribute his 2 cents to a diet book like the one you read he wouldn't tell them, "yeah I ate lots of junk food in training, lots of Burger King". So how do you know any of those fighters didn't?
    haha that would be funny tho if PBF did say that so if someone were to just read it from cover to cover and when they got to PBF they'd be like WTF?? ahahha

Thread Information