Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Calzaghe beats Taylor convincingly................

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Calzaghe beats Taylor convincingly................

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    But Calzaghe has home advantage its give and take
    Phhff, it takes longer to travel from Little Rock to Las Vegas than it does Copenhagen to Cardiff
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How about for the sake of gettin' it on they do a 50/50 split so there are no excuses?

You could always put a little icing on the cake for the winner and give him a little bit mo'.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

50/50 is fair it does'nt matter how far Kessler is traveling Calzaghe is still in his backyard if Frank is turning his nose up at 50/50 he is just using it as an excuse not to make the fight with Kessler and before you guys slag Kesslers world title fights look at Calzaghes and it tuck Calzaghe years to get a unification fight

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How many times has Kessler fought on British TV?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he gave Lacy a boxing lesson from start to finish. he won every round and i give joe alot of props for that. nobody thought lacy was a great fighter. he fun to watch but not great. joe made lacy look like the average fighter that alot of people said he was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i already respect calzaghe so him beating taylor would be icing on the cake.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    he gave Lacy a boxing lesson from start to finish. he won every round and i give joe alot of props for that. nobody thought lacy was a great fighter. he fun to watch but not great. joe made lacy look like the average fighter that alot of people said he was.
    I just don't remeber these people before the fight

Honestly NOBODY on here was calling Lacy hype, there were only a handful of us that thought Joe could win
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H

Honestly NOBODY on here was calling Lacy hype, there were only a handful of us that thought Joe could win
    Gotta laugh aint ya.

Dont get me wrong, i was convinced Lacy would win and i said so. The win kinda won me over to a certain extent but i do remmeber just about every US poster here (Bar Wacko) was saying how Calzaghe was gonna get knocked out and Lacy was the future of the division.... No talk of Kessler then and that was just a year ago.

Hopefully the countless threads on Lacy - Calzaghe are still archived somewhere.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think that Taylor does anything for Joe's legacy. He is a US name but to me it seems he has gones backwards when you compare him from the B-hop fights to how he has fought the last couple of time out. IMO Joe has to fight Kessler and win to really cement the legacy he wants. If he doesnt fight Kessler then he will go down as a good/great fighter that never got to prove his abilities. I think he has a chance at the HOF but I dont think he is a lock just yet.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will you doubters, change your view of him??

Without a doubt in my mind I will rate him highly and possibly break into top 10 P4P......

Anyone who says 'No' has got to be just a hater on Joe, even I that at this moment dont rate him highly after the wins hes had.
    Would recognize that beating Taylor would defenitely mean something and would definetely earn him respect....

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I mean it would be clearly the biggest win of his career.

Its easy to say that Taylor doesn't always look impressive but he has beaten Hopkins twice and drew with Winky. Even though I haven't always agreed with those decisions he was obviously competitive with two great fighters.

That being said, I'd be shocked if it happened. Why would Taylor move up a weight class, to fight the best guy there in his first fight, in his hometown, when Warren is offering a shitty amount of money. I mean 4 million is a ridiculous amount to us but Taylor can make that fighting welterweights and jr. mids in Little Rock. Unless Warren ups the offer, then its just an "offer" meant to be refused so he could say look Taylor's ducking Joe.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie

Gotta laugh aint ya.

Dont get me wrong, i was convinced Lacy would win and i said so. The win kinda won me over to a certain extent but i do remmeber just about every US poster here (Bar Wacko) was saying how Calzaghe was gonna get knocked out and Lacy was the future of the division.... No talk of Kessler then and that was just a year ago.

Hopefully the countless threads on Lacy - Calzaghe are still archived somewhere.
    Exactly

But the new kid on the block is worth a 50/50 split
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will you doubters, change your view of him??
    How would Edison Miranda put it...

"Once Joe beats Taylor he will undoubtedly be the best 160 pounder in boxing"

Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    I think Kessler deserves 50/50 if he comes to fight here giving Calzaghe home advantage and lets not forget Kessler has the 2 world title WBC/WBA 50/50 is fair
    calzaghe has the wbo and THE RING belt, the ring belt being the biggest belt to the true fans since the days of the one and only belt per devision.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Yeah, I mean it would be clearly the biggest win of his career.

Its easy to say that Taylor doesn't always look impressive but he has beaten Hopkins twice and drew with Winky. Even though I haven't always agreed with those decisions he was obviously competitive with two great fighters.

That being said, I'd be shocked if it happened. Why would Taylor move up a weight class, to fight the best guy there in his first fight, in his hometown, when Warren is offering a shitty amount of money. I mean 4 million is a ridiculous amount to us but Taylor can make that fighting welterweights and jr. mids in Little Rock. Unless Warren ups the offer, then its just an "offer" meant to be refused so he could say look Taylor's ducking Joe.

We agreed on another board on these points. Well said again. CC.

Taylor would be far and away the biggest fight of Calzaghe's career. Anyone saying that Taylor's green or untested, or another Lacy, is full of shit. Taylor has faced better competition than Calzaghe has, and kept those fights close (I'd say he was 1-2 in them, but those weren't completely crazy robberies either). Calzaghe has never faced anyone nearly as good as Winky or B-Hop; Taylor's done it three times. In a row! I don't like watching Taylor, and he's definitely got flaws--but he's still levels better than anyone Joe's ever fought. And if Joe could do what B-Hop and Winky (the #1 and #3 P4P fighters in the world at the time of those fights, mind you) were unable to do--score a convincing win over Taylor--you'd be a fool not to regard him very highly.

Thread Information