Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If Calzaghe beats Taylor convincingly................

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Calzaghe beats Taylor convincingly................

Quote Originally Posted by jangeorg
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    in my eyes its all about UNIFICATION! what good is defending a belt 20 times if its not UNIFIED

Good point
    CC
    CC #30 back bro!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jangeorg
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    The problem is MOST Calzaghe knockers, on these boards, only saw him for the first time when he whooped Lacy. Now Lacy has been written off as S***, they look at Calzaghe's record and query if the guy is so good why hasn't he fought Hopkins, Jones, etc.. so obviously he's a protected Euro bum - aka Sven Ottke
    For most informed people it has to do withg Jeff struggling with journeyman Wiggins, Grant (Andrade beat him far far easier than Lacy.. makes you wonder about Lacy's abilities..), Sheika (Beyer beat Sheika far easier than Lacy didi... again....., Tsypko (Lacy basically lost to this no. 15 in the world... makes you wonder..)
    And your point is?

It's OK, I get it, Lacy is overrated shit. By the way, Cazlaghe beat the crap out of Sheika in 5 rounds far far more impressive than Beyer, Lacy and Johnson (he won that one)..but it didn't stop Lacy starting FAVOURITE over Calzaghe.

What makes me laugh about you Kessler lovers is you constantly slag off Lacy even though he'd be the best name on Kesslers record...that's if Kessler was able to beat him of course.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    I think Kessler deserves 50/50 if he comes to fight here giving Calzaghe home advantage and lets not forget Kessler has the 2 world title WBC/WBA 50/50 is fair
    So? He beat a Mundine who is no where near the fighter he is today and Beyer, who is far removed from the fighter he was yesteryear... Which wasn't much IMO.

My point is ABC straps mean nothing here... As far as purses go. You forget Joe had two belts too. And just to reiterate:

Kessler aint anywhere near a 10-year long, 20-defence champion filling out National stadiums yet.

So i really don't think 50/50 is far unless your blinkered and only looking at the past 6 months.
    Thing is, if we go into disecting careers, Calzaghe comes out loking very little better than Kessler at this point. And that's despite his 10 year WBO run.
    Palle turned down a Warren non-negotiable offer, that didn't just include fighting away and a date he didn't approve of. What would the split have been? 80-20 or 70-30? Who'd chose the ref and judges? What other details did Warren neglect to comment on?
    The point is Palle is obviously not gonna accept just any offer from Warren. From a non-british perspective, it's much harder to see what it is Calzaghe brings to the table, that entitles him to all these non-negotiable advantages.
    I wanna see the fight. But i can understand why Kessler/Palle won't bend over backwards. Kessler can move on to have a great career without Calzaghe. I actually think long term, Calzaghe's reputation can easilly suffer much more from not fighting Kessler than the other way arround. Especially if Kessler DOES move on to have an impressive career after Joe's imminent retirement.
    If Warren wants to make a Calzaghe-Kessler fight, it's no use to make these ridiculously lousy take-it-or-leave-it offers. The fact that that's all he's prepared to do, tells volumes about his (lack of) desire to make the fight.
    The added speculations about Joe's supposed fractured hand, that could make a July date almost impossible, only makes things even more... peculiar.

Thread Information