Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Solis,Any Hope?

Or does Pacquiao just tune him up
    Keeping in mind,Manny's doing this fight without Roach,and giving Solis the home field advantage by fighting at the Alamodome
    And the added distraction of running for public office

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Solis,Any Hope?

pacs full of sh$t! my country is a laughing stock already!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Solis is a good solid fighter, no question. Pacman is another level though, i see Pac stopping him i just hope he stays focused after that FABULOUS win over Morales.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mnmc10
    pacs full of sh$t! my country is a laughing stock already!
    Relaks lang pare.

Yes, Solis got some chances for two major reasons. First, almost everyone in the boxing circle is saying that it will be an easy win for pac, and even pac's camps is taking that view - which will lead pac to be overconfident and taking it easy in the meantime.

Secondly, because of that over-confidence, pac has reportedly not trained well enough, coming late to wild card carrying a 147lbs biological baggage with less than a month to go before the fight, and the report is that he has been cramming his training badly to make up for the lost time and the excess weight. Most boxing fan here don't probably realize it but this is a very dangerous stuff - overconfidence and puzzy training are the worst combinations for any sportsman about to face competition.

Now to Solis. Haven't seen him fight yet but he has a decent record and a very big height/reach advantage. I've seen him working out and noticed that he has a good punch, good enough for kd's and ko's - I'm very good at analysing punches. If he can use his height advantage to the max and keep pounding pac and keep him at bay, and if pac comes in not in top condition, Solis definitely has got a chance. It just take some good shots to put down an unprepared pac and I've noticed that Solis got what it takes to do just that, he's got the punch.

But having said all that, pac is still the pac, so he'll probably win this one as usual, but he won't get my approval for this one. I'd prefer a well prepared pac fighting top class fighters than him fighting unprepared with lesser fighters.

Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember, Pacquaio also lost to a fighter who was much taller than him.I can't remember the fighter's name. Nonetheless, Pacquaio has a history of being frustrated when he is kept at bay through jabs. That was how he was defeated by Morales during their first fight.

If Solis will take advantage of his reach and height he has a 60% chance of defeating Pacquaio. Solis should watch the fights of Pacquaio with Morales and this forgotten Asian fighter (i think it was korean or a thai).

Another thing, Pacquaio is so concerned with his political career right now and he is a fighter that gets easily distracted (remember, the tax problems, gloves issue, medyas, etc.?) That is another 5% to be added to the 60%. All in all Solis has a 65% chance of beating Pacquaio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a boxer I really can't see why you would overlook a man trying to knock your head off in the ring, I would be focused even if I was fighting Pee Wee Herman but then again I am not a professional boxer so that's easy for me to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again, Pacquaio has a history of losing his fights when he gets entangled with problems.

Thread Information