Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Great Record Padders

Marcus Rhode is a top padder for the heavyweights

Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Augustus, Vince Phillips, Maussa , Urkal, Sharmba Mitchell, Lovemore, Verno Phillips, Soliman are a few that come to mind.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber
    This is bullshit. I named the three best fighter he ever fought, and it's funny on how you like the bullshit stoppage comment considering that it comes from millions of boxing fans (many on this forum) who have stated it.
    Really?
    I guess you already forgot about this thread then If you have the time you can count up the votes and see IF it isn't so....

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...c,33251.0.html

Number 2- How many great champions of our generation have fought that many fights in thier career, 75% of his opponents we did not even fucking know
    Well JCC is actually borderline old school. I mean he started fighting in 1980. I'm saying this cause you said fighters of out generation.
    I was born 1981 so there might be a difference in your and my generation....
    I consider my generation of fighters from like 1987 and on which is when I started following boxing my uncles turned me to it.

Also look at Arguellos record, Olivares record, Jorge F. Castro, Jose L. Ramirez a lot if not almost all of the fighters from the past did this.
    And if you look closer some of them lost early fights. Arguello lost early, Castro lost early, Hopkins lost his debut. Carlos De Leon lost his 9th fight against a guy who was making his debut.
    So you see I'm not denying the fact that JCC fought that quality of opposition early in his career as many (almost all of) fighters from back then did.
    But you gotta understand he could have easily lost an early fight, matter a fact MANY people say Juan LaPorte should have been the 1st guy to beat him. When in fact for his 12th pro fight it was declared a loss for JCC, BUT the verdict was changed for a TKO win in favor of JCC.

I can see that and understand what when on there, what I can't understand is why you would hack at JCC but not mention other fighters.
    I'll repeat it again if you look closely and see other fighters records your probably gonna drag in a sh*t! load of good names cause most of them fought this opposition back then.

And it's easy NOW to look at his record an pick out names ans say his best opponents were so and so.... Yeah! thats looking at it now, but back then it was seen different. With that being said......

NOW BY ANY MEANS AM I SAYING THESE GUYS ARE P4P ALL TIME GREATS BUT THEY WERE CONSIDERED AT THAT TIME TO BE THE BEST AROUND.

Have you seen his 1st title fight against 'Azabache' Martinez both Martinez & JCC were the next things in line of Mexican boxing. Martinez had mainly fought in his home town, same goes for JCC. Except Martinez had the slight advantage and was the betting favorite to win cause he was coming off 2 wins over Castanon (who was top 12 contender) at that time. He had most recently beaten former World Champ. Navarette. JCC on the other hand his best win was over Arreola . The fight took place and Wow!! it was a BRAWL!
    Martinez was pushing JCC around and was landing solid shots! but JCC fought back took Martinez best punches and answered back with his. He stopped Martinez in 8 rds.

Some other fighters JCC faced that were the BEST around at that time; Castillo, Lockridge, LaPorte, He then within 3 months of fighting at Super. Feather moved up to Lightweight to face Rosario whos the champ. as JCC moved up in weight and Rosario was coming off BIG wins over JLR, Randall and Bramble he was working on his 3rd defense of the title. Or how about JLR who was coming of BIG wins over Rosario and Pernell JCC unified the titles when he beat him at Lightweight. 7 months later he moves up in weight again and takes on Mayweather who was coming off wins over Arredondo and Pazenzia and was working on his 5th defense of the title. What does he do next? He unifies the titles yet again in another division this time facing Taylor regardless of what YOU and others may think the records state that fight as a win for him and what a win it was. Yes JCC was loosing, Yes JCCs hour glass was almost out and Yes JCC has the heart and guts and determination of a NEVER give up warrior. It's easy to over look Mitchelle but I remember it like it was yesterday when people were saying he was gonna finish what Taylor hadn't, JCC stopped him in 4. How about 'Macho' Camacho shit! I can't stand the guy BUT he was a Champ. and had wins over Mancini, Rosario, JLR, Haugen.

Don't know if your starting to notice the pattern here but as you can see they ALL fought eachother cause they were the best around.

Who ends up beating JCC 1st? 'The Surgeon' Randall people say it was all the issue JCC was going through with his family and marrige. I put NO excuses Frankie beat JCC fair and square no excuses. He was the better man that night. What happens 4 months later they do it again JCC wins it in 8. Other names Tony Lopez, 'Santa Tokyo' (eventough the fight was a draw)

Number 3- Many Mexicans and Mexican Americans have an emotional attachment to Chavez
    Really?
    I didn't know this, are you from the sensus?
    I know a sh*t! of Mexicans and Mexican Americans who could have given a sh*t! about JCC when he was around.

Oh! I get it you mean Chavez the 'Human rights activist', know I get it your confusing them.

even the Mexican fighters have that (De La Hoya, Vargas, Etc)
    It's not that they are emotionally attached to him, it's that JCC represented 'Mexico' to the fullest.
    JCC just didn't fight for himself he fought for the entire country.
    If ODLH & Vargas and here I'll help you out since you probably coulnd't name other fighters..
    JLC, heck even the GREAT 'Finito' Lopez would say and has said JCC was great....
    YOU see it as emotionally attached, those fighters ADMIRED and RESPECTED him.

And IF we are emetionally attached to our fighters thats because thats how much we believe, follow and care about our fighters.
    They represent us when they step on center stage.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody had a look at Ray Robinsons, a good look
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton, Marciano, Foreman when he first came back into boxing after he retired, and before Frazier. JCC, I would say Calzaghe, but he just didn't have anyone to fight, but he wasn't willing to change weight classes either. I think Joe Louis didn't fight great competition either. GUys like Charlez and Conn where too small the rest were crap IMO except Wilcox who was decent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    This is bullshit. I named the three best fighter he ever fought, and it's funny on how you like the bullshit stoppage comment considering that it comes from millions of boxing fans (many on this forum) who have stated it.
    Really?
    I guess you already forgot about this thread then If you have the time you can count up the votes and see IF it isn't so....

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...c,33251.0.html

Number 2- How many great champions of our generation have fought that many fights in thier career, 75% of his opponents we did not even F****** know
    Well JCC is actually borderline old school. I mean he started fighting in 1980. I'm saying this cause you said fighters of out generation.
    I was born 1981 so there might be a difference in your and my generation....
    I consider my generation of fighters from like 1987 and on which is when I started following boxing my uncles turned me to it.

Also look at Arguellos record, Olivares record, Jorge F. Castro, Jose L. Ramirez a lot if not almost all of the fighters from the past did this.
    And if you look closer some of them lost early fights. Arguello lost early, Castro lost early, Hopkins lost his debut. Carlos De Leon lost his 9th fight against a guy who was making his debut.
    So you see I'm not denying the fact that JCC fought that quality of opposition early in his career as many (almost all of) fighters from back then did.
    But you gotta understand he could have easily lost an early fight, matter a fact MANY people say Juan LaPorte should have been the 1st guy to beat him. When in fact for his 12th pro fight it was declared a loss for JCC, BUT the verdict was changed for a TKO win in favor of JCC.

I can see that and understand what when on there, what I can't understand is why you would hack at JCC but not mention other fighters.
    I'll repeat it again if you look closely and see other fighters records your probably gonna drag in a sh*t! load of good names cause most of them fought this opposition back then.

And it's easy NOW to look at his record an pick out names ans say his best opponents were so and so.... Yeah! thats looking at it now, but back then it was seen different. With that being said......

NOW BY ANY MEANS AM I SAYING THESE GUYS ARE P4P ALL TIME GREATS BUT THEY WERE CONSIDERED AT THAT TIME TO BE THE BEST AROUND.

Have you seen his 1st title fight against 'Azabache' Martinez both Martinez & JCC were the next things in line of Mexican boxing. Martinez had mainly fought in his home town, same goes for JCC. Except Martinez had the slight advantage and was the betting favorite to win cause he was coming off 2 wins over Castanon (who was top 12 contender) at that time. He had most recently beaten former World Champ. Navarette. JCC on the other hand his best win was over Arreola . The fight took place and Wow!! it was a BRAWL!
    Martinez was pushing JCC around and was landing solid shots! but JCC fought back took Martinez best punches and answered back with his. He stopped Martinez in 8 rds.

Some other fighters JCC faced that were the BEST around at that time; Castillo, Lockridge, LaPorte, He then within 3 months of fighting at Super. Feather moved up to Lightweight to face Rosario whos the champ. as JCC moved up in weight and Rosario was coming off BIG wins over JLR, Randall and Bramble he was working on his 3rd defense of the title. Or how about JLR who was coming of BIG wins over Rosario and Pernell JCC unified the titles when he beat him at Lightweight. 7 months later he moves up in weight again and takes on Mayweather who was coming off wins over Arredondo and Pazenzia and was working on his 5th defense of the title. What does he do next? He unifies the titles yet again in another division this time facing Taylor regardless of what YOU and others may think the records state that fight as a win for him and what a win it was. Yes JCC was loosing, Yes JCCs hour glass was almost out and Yes JCC has the heart and guts and determination of a NEVER give up warrior. It's easy to over look Mitchelle but I remember it like it was yesterday when people were saying he was gonna finish what Taylor hadn't, JCC stopped him in 4. How about 'Macho' Camacho S***! I can't stand the guy BUT he was a Champ. and had wins over Mancini, Rosario, JLR, Haugen.

Don't know if your starting to notice the pattern here but as you can see they ALL fought eachother cause they were the best around.

Who ends up beating JCC 1st? 'The Surgeon' Randall people say it was all the issue JCC was going through with his family and marrige. I put NO excuses Frankie beat JCC fair and square no excuses. He was the better man that night. What happens 4 months later they do it again JCC wins it in 8. Other names Tony Lopez, 'Santa Tokyo' (eventough the fight was a draw)

Number 3- Many Mexicans and Mexican Americans have an emotional attachment to Chavez
    Really?
    I didn't know this, are you from the sensus?
    I know a sh*t! of Mexicans and Mexican Americans who could have given a sh*t! about JCC when he was around.

Oh! I get it you mean Chavez the 'Human rights activist', know I get it your confusing them.

even the Mexican fighters have that (De La Hoya, Vargas, Etc)
    It's not that they are emotionally attached to him, it's that JCC represented 'Mexico' to the fullest.
    JCC just didn't fight for himself he fought for the entire country.
    If ODLH & Vargas and here I'll help you out since you probably coulnd't name other fighters..
    JLC, heck even the GREAT 'Finito' Lopez would say and has said JCC was great....
    YOU see it as emotionally attached, those fighters ADMIRED and RESPECTED him.

And IF we are emetionally attached to our fighters thats because thats how much we believe, follow and care about our fighters.
    They represent us when they step on center stage.
    I can respect your opinion except for #3 response. There has never been a Mexican fighter more loved than Chavez. There is exceptions to every rule but by far the Majority loved Chavez. I grew up in LA chico so you can't pull a fast one on me, if you disrespected Chavez in some part's of LA (early 90's) you could get your skull split. Oh yea I was born in November of 79, we are in the same generation chico. Too answer your question "I am apart of the census Vato"

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can respect your opinion except for #3 response. There has never been a Mexican fighter more loved than Chavez. There is exceptions to every rule but by far the Majority loved Chavez. if you disrespected Chavez in some part's of LA (early 90's) you could get your skull split.
    And I can respect your #228

I grew up in LA chico so you can't pull a fast one on me,
    Not trying to pull a fast one on you. I remember on several occasions hearing people say JCC was becoming to 'glam' for the sport. He started buying luxury cars a house in Beverly Hills and people started saying he was changing he was no longer the same JCC they had seen years before. So for the most part yeah! a sh*t! load of people loved JCC but there were also those who didn't.

Oh yea I was born in November of 79, we are in the same generation chico.

Too answer your question "I am apart of the census Vato"
    The words 'chico' and 'vato' are rarely used now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

corrales

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't understand how Julio Cesar Chavez made nobody's list. The elite fighters took him to school. Taylor (bullshit stoppage LOL), Whitaker (Domination), De La Hoya (32 still had gas left)
    How was that a bullshit stoppage?
    Because it occured in the last seconds?
    It doesn't matter what time a fighter was knocked out. The fact is Taylor was KNOCKED OUT.
    Steele asked him twice if he was okay and he never responded. He HAD to stop the fight.
    The referee didn't give the fight to Chavez. If he had let the clock run down he would've given the fight to Taylor by letting a man who was clearly out continue on.
    I hate when people argue this.
    Steele made the right call. It doesn't matter how much time was left on the clock. If a man is out, he's out. And you need to stop the fight.

Imagine if you were JCC that night.
    And you were clearly losing your fight for almost all of 12 rounds.
    Then all of a sudden you come back to knock out your opponent with seconds left to go.
    And the referee decides to let the clock run down and let your opponent continue because he fought a good fight up to that point.
    Wouldn't you be pissed?
    Wouldn't you wonder why the referee took your miraculous comeback KO away from you?

Come on, man.
    Put down your "Legendary Nights Chavez vs Taylor" propaganda, swallow your heart, and understand what's right. Chavez knocked him out. End of story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Diaz.

He was still fighting 4 rounders 27 fights into his career. He has a paper title without a meaningful win or a great performance. Live it up now baby, by the end of the year no one will remember you.

And BrazillianBomber, you are beyond full of shit. There's a pretty big difference between padding your record and winning titles in multiple weight classes. I'd love to explain it to you but CutmeMick did a fine job already.

Thread Information