Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Moore v Sebastian Lujan DRBR (including Robinson v Edwards)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jamie Moore v Sebastian Lujan DRBR (including Robinson v Edwards)

Evning Y'all, I trust everyone has recovered from last weekend's bill of home wins at the Millenium Stadium, and are ready for another decent weekend of boxing. Tonight's fare sees the return of Jamie Moore at the Altrincham Leisure Centre against decent journeyman from Argentina, Sebastian Lujan. Also on the bill is the Flyweight bout between Dale Robinson and Chris Edwards for the British and Commonwealth Flyweight titles. Here's the scores on the boards:

Jamie Moore: (26-3, 18 KOs): Moore won a hatful of fans with his superb performance last September against brave Matthew Macklin in what was a fantastic fight at Light Middleweight, but his first fight since then was at Middleweight, and this bout is also a Middleweight and scheduled to go the championship distance. Moore's fight with Macklin was definitely a fight of the year contender, and Moore showed his quality. A pair of fights against Michael Jones saw Moore DQ'd in the first bout, but he returned stronger to demolish Jones in the rematch. A lot is expected of Moore, and an impressive win is needed to reinforce his growing reputation tonight.

Sebastian Lujan (26-4-2, 18KOs): Lujan has proved that he as well as Moore has plenty of sting in his punches, but his ifnest hour was certainly a 10th round defeat by Antonio Margarito for the WBO title. His last fight in October saw him stop another undefeated Argentinian in nine, but since mixing on the international stage, Lujan has shown himself to be slightly vulnerable, picking up a few defeats, but should certainly give Moore a run for his money.

Weights on boxrec have Jamie Moore at 156, and Lujan at 154, and the start time on Sky Sports is 10pm, so some 70 minutes away at the moment.
    The chief support comes from the Flyweight contest for British and Commonwealth belts, with Huddersfield's Dale Robinson facing Stoke's Chris Edwards. From looking purely at the records you;d have to back Robinson, despite the defeat against Edwards in the last time out, so an interesting rematch. Is Edwards (10-12-2, 3 KOs) a lucky winner last time out, or does he have the quality to turn a new leaf and become a force on the Flyweight scene?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jamie Moore v Sebastian Lujan DRBR (including Robinson v Edwards)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK, so it's eyes down look in time chaps and chapesses, Friday Night Fights returns after a week off, and the faithful superheavy returns like a whipped dog to the master of saddo to RBR it. Jamie Moore is one of my favourtie fighters, and I'm really looking forward to this one. Compact and muscular, and always in exciting form. Sky have him fighting at Light-Middle, so I guess the boxrec assessment that it is at Middleweight is out, but anyway looking forward to it. *Mental Note - don't rely on boxrec for info*

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK mate made this a sticky

CC

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a reception for Jamie Moore, even though he has some dodgy bling over his chest, he's still a damn good fighter, and no showy robes for him, all he got to do is take the gold off and he's ready to go. Lujan looks confident and defiant of Moore...and does anyone remember the caddy from the Happy Gilmore film? He's in the corner for Lujan. Bizarre I know, but I'd bet my left testicle on it being him.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this could be a good little scrap.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo

CC
    good to see my drunken invasion after the Calzaghe fight ain't counting against me.

Round 1:

Moore starts well with a jab and straight. Lujan starts to open up with body shots, but not too forceful so far. Two lefts to the body from Moore. Nice left from Lujan, followed by an overhand right, but Moore's guard is good. Lujan swinging and missing, while Moore,s jabs are good. Nice right lands from Lujan, ad Moore covering up on the ropes, as heavy hooks thud in from Lujan. Hard right from o the body, as the hooking Lujan misses.

Decent round from Moore, with Lujan missing or finding gloves with just about everything he throws.

10-9 Moore, accurate and harder punches.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    does anyone remember the caddy from the Happy Gilmore film? He's in the corner for Lujan. Bizarre I know, but I'd bet my left testicle on it being him.
    "Be carefull Sebastian, the ring breaks to the left"

"Thats becasue you only have one shoe"

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 2:

Two lefts to the body fromMoore, but he does seem to be looking for single punches so far, not linking up with combos. Lujan looks as though he'll swing wildly till the gas goes. Moore lading jabs and body shots, with Lujan practically resting his legs by sitting on the middle rope. Nice right and another hard right upstairs troubling Lujan. Good jab and short right from Moore. Nice left from Moore, and Lujan is being gentle with his shots so far. Bodyy shots and a hard left hook up top end the round for Moore.

20-18

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 3:

Lujan putting in a few decent body shots at the start of the round. Moore with another hard left. Lujan making Moore thing, as he works his way in, and throws some hard body shots. Moore covers up, and eight or nine shots from Lujan find glves. Mooreis much more accurate with jabs and a hard straight left, but Lujan taunting him on. Lujan is back to throwing balloons in his fists, he doesn't seem to be too worried, but it losing so far. The pundits can't work him out and neither can I. Lujan does a WWE-style regeneration spasm at the end of the round...reminds me of the way Ultimate Warrior use to do it. He needs something.

30-27 for Moore

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 4:

Lujan grapples a bit now, as he hangs on for the first time. Lujan pawing, and missing frequently, while Moore pinging in some decent jabs, and especially the hard lefts. Good short left hooks by Moore with Lujan on the ropes. and as he comes in Lujan with a hard shot, but just the one. ard left upstairs, and as they grapple, Lujan looks to the corner for instructions. Lujan taunts Moore, and again. Two decent left from Moore, and Lujan look to be having a laugh. Moore looks focussed, and Lujan looks to be messing around. He doesn't seem to have enough quality for rope-a-dope, but I could be wrong.

40-36

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jamie needs to stay focused with this guys showboating tacktics.

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddo

CC
    good to see my drunken invasion after the Calzaghe fight ain't counting against me.
    never mate it happens to the best of us wish i was in the zone now

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 5:

Nice lefts from Moore, but Lujan is taking the piss in there. Jiggling his gloves. Moore keeps on his game, with lots of jabs and straight lefts, and is much the more accurate. Lujan swings a few, but wide looping hooks. Pundit for sky just said: "It it obvious that Lujan is not competing and not looking to win this fight." Any idea what to make of that? He seems to be goofing around a lot in there. Nice left and a short right hook from Moore. Lujan lunges a jab in, but this is a little bizarre from Lujan. Moore with a right hook amd a left as they end the 5th.

50-45

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 6:

Same theme as the last, with Lujan ducking and dodging, and looping slow hooks in, and Moore with some hard jabs and body shots. Left hooks from Moore land, and this is a slow burner so far. Nice left right short hooks upstairs from Moore, and Lujan is still not hitting back hard. Hard left from Moore. Decent right on the bell from Lujan.

Another Moore round....halfway.

60-54 on my card.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 7:

Two nice right hooks digging into Lujan as he dips forward. Good left to the body, and is Lujan slowing. He comes forward with some body shots, but Moore is again the agressor coming forward. Short hooks and an uppercut from Moore, nd Lujan is ducing and hanging on. Lujan not taunting any more, andlooks more tired. Overhand left from Moore, and a right to the body. Left connects form Lujan as Moore swings, and Moore does eye up for a second. Big flurry from Lujan, with some thudding body shots, and finding the gloves from Lujan, and he looks to be in motion at last. Not enough to win the round....but an ominous sign perhaps?

70-63

Thread Information