Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ROY JONES SAYS HE'LL TAKE 40-60 TO FIGHT CALZAGHE!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ROY JONES SAYS HE'LL TAKE 40-60 TO FIGHT CALZAGHE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Don't ever become a boxing manager, JT

You'll get someone killed
    OR SLAPPED HALF TO DEATH.... I already know who I'm inviting to my 1st picnic this summer Joe Calzaghe... he can keep all the flys out of me potato salad with those fast swatting hands...

Fenster I luv ya like a fellow boxing brutha.. But you of all people should know Joe deserves every last bit of this critisim and more.... Again Manfredo was the golden ticket to american superstardom.... Why not Jones, he is still 10x the fighter Manfredo is and would garner 50x the appeal to the american public.... AND YOU KNOW THIS MAN 
    I don't understand why you think Calzaghe wouldn't want this fight? This would be like a dream come true to him...and believe me you'll be in a slim minority that actually think Old Roy has a chance.

But this fight wont happen.

1. Roy probably thinks there's about $30m in the pot. Thats why he's happy for 40%

2. Roy has about as much chance as Butterbean in getting to 168.

3. Roy aint stupid. That's why last time seen in a ring he fought for $500,000 against Prince Onion Bahji.
    In your opinion what attributes do you feel Joe has over Roy at this point which will lead him to slaughter the great Roy Jones?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thread and possibility has peoples attention currently 11 guests viewing at 10:17 am eastern time USA

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well a good place to start would be the fact that Old Roy is totally shot.

It's bad enough as it is now having the terrible knockouts by Tarver and Johnson tarring his great career...I don't wanna see him lying in the ring comatose anymore. Which sadly, not just Calzaghe, but any top fighter would do to him at this stage.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gotta go with Fenster on this one, this is NOT the RJJ p4p best fighter anymore. In his recent fights you have seen diminished hand speed, diminished power, less willingness to trade and most importantly his bread and butter his REACTION TIME is not there at the level where it was when he was so dominant.

RJJ with poor reaction time + JC's handspeed and footwork = JC mid-round TKO.

stronger odds on this fight never coming off though.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    I gotta go with Fenster on this one, this is NOT the RJJ p4p best fighter anymore.  In his recent fights you have seen diminished hand speed, diminished power, less willingness to trade and most importantly his bread and butter his REACTION TIME is not there at the level where it was when he was so dominant.

When was the last time Joe had a legitimate KO  Roy will not respect Calzaghe's power and will engage him and put a hurtin on him.... I'm tellin you, I'm tellin you!!!!!!

He dosent need to be PFP best to beat Calzaghe

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gotta go with Fenster on this one, this is NOT the RJJ p4p best fighter anymore. In his recent fights you have seen diminished hand speed, diminished power, less willingness to trade and most importantly his bread and butter his REACTION TIME is not there at the level where it was when he was so dominant.

When was the last time Joe had a legitimate KO Roy will not respect Calzaghe's power and will engage him and put a hurtin on him.... I'm tellin you, I'm tellin you!!!!!!

I'm not saying he's gonna KO him, he's gonna TKO him, volume punches. PLUS the ref will prolly waive it off early.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When was the last time Joe had a legitimate KO Roy will not respect Calzaghe's power and will engage him and put a hurtin on him.... I'm tellin you, I'm tellin you!!!!!!

I'm not saying he's gonna KO him, he's gonna TKO him, volume punches. PLUS the ref will prolly waive it off early.
    I know what you mean Roy is still an elusive target... those slapping flurries wont do anything Roy has more than enough power to get Joes attention and snuff any Flurry he tries to dig in on

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know what you mean Roy is still an elusive target... those slapping flurries wont do anything Roy has more than enough power to get Joes attention and snuff any Flurry he tries to dig in on
    [youtube=425,350]ms2Zo86NDaY[/youtube]

Look at his fight against Johnson, gone are his reflexes, he used to be able to slip off the ropes.

[youtube=425,350]aM1uDRMGzzs[/youtube]

Against Tarver, who is much slower than JC, Tarver got in quite effectively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can Jones really make the 168lbs ? even if he does it will take alot out of him.Iam picking Calzaghe by ud on this 1.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones fought harder punchers than Tarver and Johnson throughout his career, the problem was he was shot enough for those guys to hit him and shot enough for the punches to have maximum effect.

And you're underestimating Calzaghe's punch power.

I'll concede it doesn't look like he punches as hard as he used to (his left hand is finished, that's obvious), but you can't say he didn't hurt Lacy in their fight. Now I wouldn't expect him to hit Old Roy as much as he did Lacy... but he wouldn't need too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this article is bulls#!t jones said he would be prepared to fight in the U.K as he is the challege and must go wherever the belt is.. however ALL he said about money, is that "The promoters might get in the way of the fight, but there's no reason we can't come to an agreement. If we can't agree terms, I say give 60% to the winner and 40% to the loser. That's fair, so let's go."

dont report information inaccurately.. it wastes everyones time, because they comment "wow, Jones must really want the fight" and how weird it is for Roy to take less money etc., when he's probably asking for 50/50 and if he cant get that , then offering 60/40 to the winner (with his ego assuming he'll win)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gotta go with Fenster on this one, this is NOT the RJJ p4p best fighter anymore.  In his recent fights you have seen diminished hand speed, diminished power, less willingness to trade and most importantly his bread and butter his REACTION TIME is not there at the level where it was when he was so dominant.

When was the last time Joe had a legitimate KO   Roy will not respect Calzaghe's power and will engage him and put a hurtin on him.... I'm tellin you, I'm tellin you!!!!!!

I'm not saying he's gonna KO him, he's gonna TKO him, volume punches.   PLUS the ref will prolly waive it off early.
    Jones fought harder punchers than Tarver and Johnson throughout his career, the problem was he was shot enough for those guys to hit him and shot enough for the punches to have maximum effect.

And you're underestimating Calzaghe's punch power.

I'll concede it doesn't look like he punches as hard as he used to (his left hand is finished, that's obvious), but you can't say he didn't hurt Lacy in their fight. Now I wouldn't expect him to hit Old Roy as much as he did Lacy... but he wouldn't need too.
    Seems to me we are at a halt here.... I'll leave you with one tangible and one thought in closing about Roy... He has battled thru adversity, been to the top of the mountain and fell off it hard and he still picked himself up.. people over due those to KO's they were picture perfect punches Tarvers was a 1 in a million and Johnson dug in and got him behind the ear and it was more of Roys head bouncing 2x off the Mat that concussed him..

Roy has heart and Roy is hungry, very hungry to prove himself once again    I will concede to you Fenster that we will have to respectfully agree to disagree on this one... as ususal enjoy the intelligent debate with you #294

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC back mate

One thing's for sure, all the talking in the world don't change the fact that until the fighters actually fight you never know what will happen. The beauty of boxing.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    Furthermore RAWBERTO ill bet you 2 VIP LAP DANCES at rhino industry on this one if u wanna back yo ishhhh up bro?
    Fuck the lap dances.
    I got 2 bills that says Joe beats RJJ.

(Regardless of what comes about meaning weight, location all that It don't make no difference to me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Back in the day RJJ would take Calzaghe to school and back, but he is going to get a big beat down look at how gun shy he is these days, Calzaghe should take this fight if nothing better is available he will beat RJJ easily at this point imo.

Thread Information