Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tommy Morrison to face Dale Ortiz April 27(Cleared To Fight)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tommy Morrison to face Dale Ortiz April 27

i think morrison feels that hes on a lot of pressure
    his conditioning need to come bac though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love to see Tommy get back in the top ten one more time.That would truly be a story of triumph.
    WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeof74
    Former world heavyweight champion Tommy 'The Duke' Morrison will box on a Top Rank fight card at the Grand Plaza Hotel in Houston, Texas on Friday, April 27. Morrison, 38, will take on 'Dynamite' Dale Ortiz, 28, in a four-round bout. This will be Morrison's second bout on his heralded comeback. On Jan. 22, he returned to the ring, fired a hard left hook and stopped John Castle in the second round in Chester, West Virginia. "That was my first fight - and win - in 11 years," Morrison said. "I am determined to keep it going." I hope he wins.
    Duke, God bless ya, I like how you refer to Morrison as "Former World Heavyweight champion", a little wishful thinking there huh? He was WBO champ, but never THE champ. I liked Morrison, he had power, and good combinations. I wish him the best in his comeback, I really hope he makes it back to the top, and goes far.

And No Contest, Foreman did not get his ass kicked hard, Morrison fought very cautiously, practically turning his back and running from George in some parts of the fight. He played it safe, hit George with some good shots, and won the decision.
    Well..FUCK YOU then bitch. I try to kindly point out that Morrison was only the WBO champ and ya insult my manhood. Need I bring up what happened to Morrison in the Lewis fight?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Geeeh... I'm a big fan of his earlier work but I think he should call it a career...
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I aint tryin to break the balls of either Duke...but I just can't see Morrison pulling out any stops here.

He, from what I heard, was having some SERIOUS issues in his comeback fight.

I think that he's been out of it for waaaaaaaaaay to long to be legit on the comeback trail. Also...in now way shape or form do I support the fact that he's been let back into the ring with his condition...even though it's supposedly gone or in remission or whatever the fwock they keep preaching.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I aint tryin to break the balls of either Duke...but I just can't see Morrison pulling out any stops here.

He, from what I heard, was having some SERIOUS issues in his comeback fight.

I think that he's been out of it for waaaaaaaaaay to long to be legit on the comeback trail. Also...in now way shape or form do I support the fact that he's been let back into the ring with his condition...even though it's supposedly gone or in remission or whatever the fwock they keep preaching.
    so i take it you not sitting RINGSIDE for any of tommy's fight huh bro?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who cares? He has a glass chin and shouldn't be sanctioned to fight in any state.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    Who cares? He has a glass chin and shouldn't be sanctioned to fight in any state.
    test results have all come back negative now chief. but if i was him i would be making much more of a fuss about being falsly banned and robbed of ten years if that is the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This kid was 305lbs (20stone 11lbs) in his last fight don't know how tall he his but he's only 28 how Tommy was blowing lastime out he could end up knocked out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno
    This kid was 305lbs (20stone 11lbs) in his last fight don't know how tall he his but he's only 28 how Tommy was blowing lastime out he could end up knocked out
    The immortal Ortiz is another obese fighter who should not be allowed to do battel with a guy who has 50 fights under his belt. If Morrison connects with a sharp left hook, he could do some serious damage to this poor creature.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the reason he's not making a big stink, was because he was on drugs at the time..and got jailed etc...He claimed the drugs can make you show a false positive...who knows what he was on..looks like speed from his face..coke doesnt do that, with the pox marks and all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    test results have all come back negative now chief. but if i was him i would be making much more of a fuss about being falsly banned and robbed of ten years if that is the case.
    Yeah, I've been keeping abreast of that news. I just find it a bit suspect that you test positive for H.I.V. and miraculously it disappears? Sounds a bit suspect to me:

http://pathmicro.med.sc.edu/lecture/hiv2000.htm

I'd like to know what type of a test was administered and by whom.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I know it's superficial and even far fetched that he will do anything, I just wish him the best.......... Also, Sorry for the comment Hulk, I thought you were being a prick . Wacko, Well you know my friend... I just loyal to Tommy since way back man.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeof74
    Former world heavyweight champion Tommy 'The Duke' Morrison will box on a Top Rank fight card at the Grand Plaza Hotel in Houston, Texas on Friday, April 27. Morrison, 38, will take on 'Dynamite' Dale Ortiz, 28, in a four-round bout. This will be Morrison's second bout on his heralded comeback. On Jan. 22, he returned to the ring, fired a hard left hook and stopped John Castle in the second round in Chester, West Virginia. "That was my first fight - and win - in 11 years," Morrison said. "I am determined to keep it going." I hope he wins.
    so...do the test the blood in Texas....for HIV, hepatitis and the like? Did they really fudge up the original test?
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by atomic bull
    Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    He made his face swell up tho right? Or am I thinking of the Hoyfield fight?
    No your thinking of Alex Stewart, Foreman was beating the hell of Stewart when Stewart mounted a gallant comeback and swolled up big George's face like a basketball.
    it was ole Stewart!!!!! I was thinking it was a journeyman fighter that did it....Thought that fight was really close...like in Alex won...
    It feels good to be back home.

Thread Information