Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Anyone Know Julian Jacksons Workout To Get Such Devasting Power ??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Anyone Know Julian Jacksons Workout To Get Such Devasting Power ??

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockton Bomber
    Prime RJJ at 160/168 hit harder than JJ p4p. And NO, Hearns was not a feather fisted amatuer. He didn't hit hard enough to make you think he was gonna be one of the Top p4p punchers of all time, but he was by no means feather fisted.
    Its figure of speech mate im just saying not all punchers are born with it he had very low ko ratio as amateur and no way Jones hit harder than Jackson Jones was fast and threw nice snappy punches but you can't even compare Jackson's power with Jones Jackson used to knock guys out without even trying.
    I punch like a mule and so far I've got 1KO in 4 wins... Amateur styles aren't always great for certain styles of punchers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Anyone Know Julian Jacksons Workout To Get Such Devasting Power ??

Hearns was not feather fisted as an amatuer. He didn't punch as murderously as he did at the pro level, but if I recall correctly, Tommy went pro pretty young, and he was tall and skinny. His power really developed when he grew into his frame.

JJ isn't the hardest P4P puncher either. Even in the very modern era, G-Man, RJJ, Tyson hit harder P4P.

Hardest P4P puncher of all time might be Marciano. I know he was an HW, but the guy weighed 184 without cutting weight.
    uhhh...marciano no chance. marciano hit hard. not even the hardest heavy weight puncher ever, let alone p4p. roy jones jr. at what weight class? he was never really that hard of a puncher at any class, he just overwhelmed people. gerald mcclellan wrecked people, but still, julian hit harder than g-mac, look at the records of the people he gerald knocked out and then ask herol graham who hit harder.

tyson hit hard, foreman hit harder, shavers hit harder than him...

pound for pound: tommy hearns, naseem hamed, wilfredo gomez, julian jackson, and vic darchinyan are the 5 hardest punchers i have seen p4p

and what does weighing 184 without cutting weight mean? why would a heavyweight want to cut weight?

and actually hearns was pretty weak hitting til he turned pro, thats because pro boxing is a whole lot different than ama boxing, hamed was the same way, his trainer brendan ingle said: "the naz fellow was a pillow puncher until he learned how to plant his feet"

i think you need to do a bit more research before you try to shoot down someone else's post. by the name you've selected to post under, of course marciano would be the hardest puncher

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Power comes from the posture of the head, the heads stability and posture in relation to gravity.Its the bodys job to aline the head and vice versa for better movement and posture in relation to gravity. Understand it and you punch harder and take a punch better and dont tire as qiuck poise.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Power comes from the posture of the head, the heads stability and posture in relation to gravity.Its the bodys job to aline the head and vice versa for better movement and posture in relation to gravity. Understand it and you punch harder and take a punch better and dont tire as qiuck poise.
    You often hear people talk about a wide stance and getting more power.. For me it’s the opposite.. The wider the gate. The less power for me , plus my balance is shit.. When my feet are spaced about shoulder width I fire with much more power have good balance and can spin off nice solid combinations… do you find this to be true in your experiences ? your thoughts ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thing I never quite understood was the way people talk about power as though each punch was equally powerful. For example one can have a good left hook but a bad right hand and so forth. Kostya Tszyu had a big right hand, left hand not so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting Scrap CC. Just curious as to how the head position being correct helps you take a punch better?

I also see what you mean Thomas. A few years ago all I had was a hard right hand. For some mysterious reason now I've lost it and got a strongish jab.

Now I suspect It might be related to the hip misalignment I have which causes me to lean to the left too much. Perhaps if I was in perfect physical alignment with good flexibility and movement my power would be more consistant as far as throwing from both sides?

As for stance width I feel most balanced with my feet shoulder width apart but I can't say I've compared my power output with my feet wider.

Sorry if you've told me this already and I haven't realized how relevant it is to this but do you know of a good exercise to ensure head alignment is correct during training Scrap?
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like wise my dad got hit by a car doing at least 70mph... landed on his head and he's pulled through.

very complicated thing... He meets people who are paralysed from the neck down and stuff from falling out of the bath and yet look at him, he feels terrible about it... not that he should!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Generally balance and distance of feet should be your walking gait, you walk in balance or you should, posture and using gravity correctly is the secret to everything biomechanical. The reason we have a dominant side is eyesight and probably the main reason for bad body posture leading to injury, I think its the main reason for bad form and the poor incorperation of the other senses that make you do.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

intresting read mate !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its all in the mind and knowing when to release it .

Some fucker Spilled my drink all of a sudden i became a whilrling Windmilling motherfucker and once id finished it look like a scene from Platoon !

Everybody got splattered all the other Mums and Dads were furious but i didnt give a fuck little bastards had been taking the piss outa my Balloon Animals and magic tricks all afternoon .

Still got my Money though job done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi Scrap

I lean to my left all the time but more with my eyes closed - nearly fall over doing lunge steps with eyes closed. Are you saying that is because I first got the bad habit by misinterpreting what I was seeing and then somehow partially correct for that according to what I see?

So if it's all balance to correct head position you do balance exercises?

Sorry for all the Qs Scrap I just want to make sure I understand what you're saying.
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Simply what happens generaly because of eyes you have an active side dominant and a supportive side to stableize the action. The active side is more flexable than the supportive, thats where generaly the problem begins. A good way to see this is by going on a running track middle lane eyes shut run 40 metres see which lane you finnish in, in fact have someone with you as a warning to stop. get back when youve tried it let me know where you finnished up gives me an idea how good or bad the problem is

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Prime RJJ at 160/168 hit harder than JJ p4p. And NO, Hearns was not a feather fisted amatuer. He didn't hit hard enough to make you think he was gonna be one of the Top p4p punchers of all time, but he was by no means feather fisted.
    Its figure of speech mate im just saying not all punchers are born with it he had very low ko ratio as amateur and no way Jones hit harder than Jackson Jones was fast and threw nice snappy punches but you can't even compare Jackson's power with Jones Jackson used to knock guys out without even trying.
    I punch like a mule and so far I've got 1KO in 4 wins... Amateur styles aren't always great for certain styles of punchers.
    Agreed, more so with these old fellas pressing buttons. Speed of hand and footwork over power is emphasised in the amateurs. Horrible for some, works for others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will do thanks Scrap CC Otherwise I can just email you DVD my physio took showing how unco I am (tomorrow since it's at home)

Thread Information