well as ive said before i have competed at a high level in TKD its true that it is more sport and less combat now but i think the original question was based on a controled ring inviroment not the streats and in my opinion as i have trained in boxing and competed in kickboxing i have been very affective at keeping distance with my kicks and alot of boxings head movements bring them into my kicks rather than avoiding them also boxing offers no real answer to leg kicks. also when on the inside before i became good at boxing tying my opponent up and waiting for a brake helped. and as far as walking thruogh my kicks this might work with a roundhouse kick but it will be detrimental to try that with back kick or side kicks. And there are some good schools that train with good sparring full contacted and if you watch the olimpics there was knockouts one good kick to the head and its lights out. so if you can adapt and keep your head about you when fighing i think tkd can be adapted into a good fighting art.