Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Amir Kahn?? real deal or over hyped kid?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Amir Kahn?? real deal or over hyped kid?

So amir kahn is gona be fighting for his first tittle soon (commonwealth), this is a stepping stone in this young lads career. i don't think anyone can argue that this boys got talent, but is he the real deal? the lads only 19 and already got some valuable experience so i think a world tittle shot is about 18/24 months away.

he's currently fighting at lightweight but looking at the size of him theres no doubt that he can move up various divisions when the time comes.

whats your thought on this boy being p4p no.1 in say 4 years time?? i dont see why not personally. if not him who else??
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Kahn?? real deal or over hyped kid?

It really is too early to say mate. He made headline news for his performance in the Olympics, Frank Warren got hold of him and fed him some scraps to make him look great but I have to wait till he steps up before I make up my mind. Frank Warrens fighters are always hyped to buggery and fed highly beatable opposition for a long time. Lets see if he gets wise and gets away from Warren before he becomes the next Calzaghe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Over hyped he has done anything yet , and i think he may lack power at top level , maybe will be a good euopean champ , and may win the bogus Warren Boxing Orginisation (WBO) belt as his promoter sleeps with them
    gotto watch his mouth tho he is setting himself for a fall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sorry gota disagree with your statement, he may not be the most devastating puncher, but man he's gona be a world class fighter, certainly better than just a European fighter.

name me a couple of British fighters of the past 20 years with more talent than this boy? remember the kids only 19 still alot of time for improvement and natural strength to develop
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give him a chance. Honestly how good do you have to be to get a title shot these days? If they match him right he could be with us for a while.

Remember that like JCChavez Jr. sometimes a fighter is so hyped that the begining of their pro career is just an extension of their ametuer maturing period. As long as they produce against good competition by their early twenties (i.e. Kahn has some time) they could be in line to have solid careers.

Recently, European fighters especially have shown that a background of solid fundamentals can take you far in a sport anxious for flash and personality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think Amir Khan will have all the gifts to go all the way, when his chin as been tested by a decent puncher,His boxing brain, and ability, are allready apparant,he has shown his fitness and determination through-out his short career,We dont know how he will react when hit on the chin nore does he or the team around him. If he does prove he can take a punch, i can see him as a light welter to welter wht in the next 18 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im going to say real deal for his boxing ability and i think he will be world champ one day but he is over hyped i think we've had better fighters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gudnite vienna
    sorry gota disagree with your statement, he may not be the most devastating puncher, but man he's gona be a world class fighter, certainly better than just a European fighter.

name me a couple of British fighters of the past 20 years with more talent than this boy? remember the kids only 19 still alot of time for improvement and natural strength to develop
    At 19 he has a ton of room for development...I think he is the real deal.....I am anxious to see this next fight...I think it will tell us how he is going to go in his early career...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even though his fight with Limond for the Commonwealth belt in July is a step up,Limond is far from being a puncher
    Needs to go in with a hard hitter like Thaxton or Earl imo,then we will know for sure.
    His skills are incredible though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He does look good....on the topic if young fighters with all the skills....gotta throw in Andre Berto. Now that boi could be somthing special!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he is overhyped at the moment but he does look good .

he could do something

Thread Information