Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: KHAN and COOK tickets,interviews and updates!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default KHAN and COOK tickets,interviews and updates!!

100% there
    Brilliant new arena too.
    http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=10766&more=1

Tickets
    http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist...ket_brand=home

If anyone is thinking of it i'd go for the lower tier for a better view (block 111 or 102) as the floor seats are expensive and like the Excel arena are non tired and will offer a sh*t view.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: KHAN and COOK tickets are on sale now...

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: KHAN and COOK tickets are on sale now...

Some undercard news,this is looking a good night.

www.secondsout.com

Promoter Frank Warren has added several fights to his ITV televised card at the O2 Arena in London on July 14.

prospect Anthony Small challenges for his first title when he contests the vacant WBA Junior Middleweight Intercontinental Title against an as yet unnamed opponent. Small is currently 17-0 (11) and is coming off the back of a good victory over Walter “2 Guns” Wright at the UK Vs US Contender event.

Graham Earl is also set to return on the card, but it is not believed that he will be challenging for a title. This will be Earl’s first outing since being stopped in five against Michael Katsidis in February.

Dagenham’s Kevin Mitchell also makes a homecoming appearance when he faces Alexander Hrluev for the WBO Super Featherweight Intercontinental Title, in a reschedule of the match that was supposed to take place on the card that was dropped last weekend after Michael Sprott pulled out of the main event less than a week before.

Mitchell is already the IBF Intercontinental Commonwealth champion at Super Featherweight.

Both Mitchell and Earl will have one eye on the main event though as Amir Khan takes on Willie Limond for Limond’s Commonwealth title at lightweight. With promoter Frank Warren promising domestic super-fights in the not too distant future both Earl and Mitchell will be looking to get in the ring with Khan at some point.

The bill is also set to include WBU welterweight champion Michael Jennings, Kevin Mitchell’s younger brother Vinny and Nicky Cook’s shot at the WBO Featherweight crown against American Steve Luevano.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: KHAN and COOK tickets,interviews and updates!!

Nicky and Paul Cook interview
    http://www.frankwarren.tv/drill/News...interview.html

Kevin and Vinny Mitchell interview 1
    http://www.frankwarren.tv/drill/News...ew-part-1.html

Kevin and Vinny Mitchell interview 2
    http://www.frankwarren.tv/drill/News...ew-part-2.html

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nicky Cooks attitude at altitude

www.frankwarren.tv
    WBO featherweight title challenger Nicky Cook says gruelling high altitude training will help him prepare for the toughest fight of his professional career.

The undefeated East Ender takes on Steven Luevano on July 14 at the O2 Arena in London in his first world title fight.

And this week 28-year-old Cook has headed to Tenerife for a two-week training camp in order to get in the best possible shape for the mouth-watering clash.

"The top of one of the big volcanoes out here, Mount Teidi, is almost 12,000 feet, so when I go running up there it will really toughen me up," said former British, Commonwealth and European champion Cook.

"I know that Luevano is a real hard man, so I can't take any short cuts. He's of Mexican stock and that in itself means he'll be hard to beat.

"Doing road work out here really takes it out of you, especially with the altitude, but every step I take will be a step closer to winning that world title.

"When the going gets tough, I'm just going to grit my teeth and think about lifting the WBO title in front of all my fans on July 14.

"I've been dreaming about winning a world title ever since I was a little kid, and now I have the chance to make that dream come true.

"Everyone who turns professional does so in the hope of one day becoming a world champion. Now I'm so close and I don't intend to let my opportunity slip."

Cook's fight against Luevano tops the bill at the O2 Arena, while Amir Khan takes on Willie Limond in a Commonwealth lightweight title shot.

Kevin Mitchell, Anthony Small, Bradley Pryce, Martin Concepcion, Thomas McDonagh and Sam Sexton are also in action.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: KHAN,COOK,SKELTON and SPROTT - tickets,interviews and updates!!

Skelton vs Sprott Rescheduled For July 14
    www.secondsout.com

The Commonwealth heavyweight title clash between champion Matt Skelton and Michael Sprott has been rescheduled for the O2 Arena in London on July 14

The pair were originally due to meet at the Excel Arena in London’s Docklands last month but Reading based Sprott was forced to withdraw because of a knee injury.

The Frank Warren promoted card will now feature seven title fights including Nicky Cook’s vacant WBO featherweight title challenge against American Steve Luevano and Amir Khan’s clash with Willie Limond for the Commonwealth lightweight crown.

Skelton has been out of the ring since out-pointing Danny Williams over 12 rounds in July 2006 and is eager to fight again.

"I’ve been out of the ring for a while and I’m now desperate to get back into action,” Skelton told Frank Warren’s official website.

“The delay has worked out better for me as I’m meaner, fitter and stronger than before and I feel like I could break down a brick wall with my punching power. Sprott will get himself into great shape as well and I’m looking forward to having a good tear up with him. Whatever happens this fight isn’t going the distance."

Skelton stopped Sprott in the 12th and final round of their clash three years ago and will be desperate to put the record straight on July 14. "I was ready to be let off the leash last time and was busting to get stuck into Skelton but I picked up the injury which ruled me out,” explained Sprott. “However, I’m now back and ready to rock Skelton’s boots. When he beat me three years ago it was hard to swallow and I’ve been waiting for my chance for revenge ever since.”

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.itv-boxing.com/News/Story...452649,00.html

Hrulev clued up on Mitchell

Unbeaten London prospect Kevin Mitchell will be facing a Russian private investigator in his next fight.

Mitchell tackles tough super-featherweight Alexander Hrulev at the 02 Arena in London on July 14, and will be surprised to learn he has been under surveillance ahead of their fight.

Hrulev, 29, challenges Mitchell for the IBF and vacant WBO intercontinental super-featherweight titles, works as a private investigator in his hometown of Ekaterinburg and his sharp skills have already led to the capture of two bank robbers and a special commendation by the local police.

And he's done his research on Mitchell to such an extent he reckons he knows more about the Dagenham boxer than his mum Alice does.

Hrulev said: "I've had a great year so far by nailing two bank robbers and beating Mitchell will be an even better result for me.

"To be honest, I have known of Mitchell for a long time because a fight has been mentioned in the past against him and to be prepared I have gathered together a lot of material on him such as videos and newspaper reports going back to his amateur days and more stuff about his day-to-day movements."

He added: "Even though I may be thousands of miles away in another country my network of contacts have been keeping a close eye on him and are informing me of his bad habits that will cost him his downfall against me.

"His mum and trainer will not want to hear that he's been eating Frosties for breakfast instead of porridge and that he's been drinking cans of coke instead of water. Or that he has been skipping some of his early morning runs and having a lie-in.

"I look forward to meeting Mitchell face-to-face on the night as I know him so well at the moment!"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.itv-boxing.com/News/Story...454414,00.html

Skelton added to public work-out
    Big-hitting heavyweight Matt Skelton has been added to Friday's public work-out at the 02 Arena.

Bedford brawler Skelton will display his power alongside Amir Khan and Nicky Cook plus Kevin and Vinny Mitchell.

The work-out is to publicise the big night of boxing at the venue on July 14 which Cook headlines with his fight against American Steven Luevano for the vacant WBO featherweight title.

Skelton will defend his Commonwealth heavyweight title against Michael Sprott while Khan meets Commonwealth lightweight champion Willie Limond.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm at a wedding Friday but can anyone get to the O2 arena for this?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was a lock for going, but I've changed my mind and I'm going to Wales a week later now

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Promoter Frank Warren says Nicky Cook will be in a "fantastic position" if he lifts the WBO featherweight world title against Steven Luevano on July 14 at the O2 Arena.....

http://www.frankwarren.tv/drill/News...-a-legacy.html

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Khan says his clash with Willie Limond for the Commonwealth lightweight title at London's 02 Arena on 14 July will be the start of a new era......
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6276960.stm

Tell you what,this had better be on ITV,Sky or Setanta ..... SORT IT OUT FRANK

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nicky Cook has high expectations for Saturday's WBO title showdown after last year's let down.....

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/a...274574,00.html

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weigh in info

Weights For O2 Arena Show

Matt Skelton- Michael Sprott (Skelton 17st 10lb, Sprott 17st 5¾lb)
    Amir Khan – Willie Limond (Both weighed 9st 8¾lb)
    Nicky Cook – Steve Luevano (Both weighed 8st 13¾lb)
    Bradley Pryce – Anthony Small (Both weighed 10st 13¾lb)
    Kevin Mitchell – Alexader Hrulev (Mitchell 9st 4lb, Hrulev 9st 8lb [4lb over Super Featherweight Limit])

Thread Information