I just read this on fightnews, I've called Lou and left him a message.
Pat R.I.P.

Pat Filippo, beloved wife of world-renown boxing referee and judge Lou Filippo, has passed away. Pat and Lou celebrated their 59th wedding anniversary in October.
From fightnews

You might not know who I'm talking about here, you might have NEVER heard the name Lou Filippo, you might have but you don't remember and thats fine cause in order to like the man you didn't have to know him personally. All you needed was to either see a picture of him or have watched him at work. When I 1st joined the company I now work on the very 1st day I was hired I was told that a man by the name of Lou Filippo worked in one of our brother divisions (they told me about him since at one point I brought up the fact that I followed boxing) I was told he was a funny, charasmatic man with a lot of storys to tell. 1 day I build myself up to ask around and see if anyone that I knew could introduce me to him. Well one day a co-worker of mine was retiring and they had a party for him my co-worker knew and talked to Lou Filippo speradicly at his party it was then that I was introduced to Lou Filippo and by then I had already done my research on him. As my co-worker and I walked towards Lou he happened to be there with his wife Pat as they introduced us and I shook his hand I said "You are Lou Filippo you were in the great fight agains Lauro Salas?" and he looked at me puzzled and almost confused as if to say 'How in the hell do you knoew that'... I said I know who you are sir and I am very pleased to meet you I said you also fought the great Carlos Ortiz and were giving him fits in both bouts. He smiled and said 'Well how does a young man like you know so much?' I said well for starters I love boxing and I've been following it for years and second I have 2 unlces who know awful lot of the sport also and finally the internet, he laughed and said well that explains that. He then said this is my wife Pat I said 'Hello it's a pleasure to meet you mam". Over the next 4 hrs. this man told me some of the greates boxing storys I have read/heard as I starred at his white snow filled eyesbrows and his white hair, I could see in the look of his eyes that this man had lived a full life of ups and downs good and bad moments a life filled with memories a life that not many people get to live he fought in the golden era of boxing and his fight storys were amazing. Even if you go to BoxRec and look up his record you wont recognize him and you won't be able to put a face to him. Finally we said good bye not before exchanging phone numbers and he said "Champ heres my number call me" we talked on and off as time permitted.

You more then likely still don't know who I'm talking about, well what if I told you not only is he an ex-boxer, a judge and a ref. hes also an actor.
Hes in 5 movies you and I have seen hundreds of times. Hack it hes on there for a few minutes but hes on there. Lou Filippo appears in all of the Rocky movies as the referee in the fight sequences. He also appeared in the tv show The Next Great Champ. amongst other things.

A few months later I went to a boxing card at the Olympic Grand (which is now no longer having fights sad really) and he told me he'd be there judging the fights he said to call him when I was there and see what he could do for me as far as getting behind the scene and ringside. Well without hesitation I phoned him the second I got there, he said to me looks like we're gonna have a good time tonight. Sure enough as the fights went on I was able to walk with him to the back hall ways where fighters were getting ready and where they would come out through the tunnel. Because of Filippo I had a chance to talk to Lou Duva for a few minutes as when Filippo and I were talking Duva came by to say hello to him Lou introduced me to Duva as his friend and Lou told Duva 'Guess what this kid really knows his stuff, he knew about me and my fights with Salas & Ortiz' Duva without hesitation said 'He did?" If he knows about you then he knows boxing" poking fun at Lou they patted eachother on the back and shook hands...

Lou Filippo is a great man and I'm sure this is taring him apart his best friend and life companion has now moved on may she rest in peace and Lou my prayers and thoughts are with you and your wifes family.